Question about playing 2.7K

Reaction score
After experiencing horizon tilt problems with my P4A, I want to start shooting in 2.7K to leave some room for cropping the horizon.

I shot a test video at this resolution, but my laptop won't play it - it keeps stuttering and freezing. I use Windows Media Player on Windows 8.1, BTW.

My laptop is a pretty cheap one, with a 1.35GHZ AMD CPU and 4GB of RAM. Is there any way of playing a 2.7K video on a machine of this limited power? Thanks.

Same here on my laptop, I believe the computer isn't powerful enough to play 2.7k.

Going to try on my gaming PC to check.

4 gigs is definitely not enough memory. Its likely that because of the typical laptop video card that no amount of memory will make it play.

What's wrong with the horizontal tilt? There is a way to adjust horizontal tilt. You could also calibrate the gimble.

I've got a newer laptop with i7 2.5ghz and 16 gigs of ram and it still stutters a tiny bit with 4K on WMP.

Try using MPC-HC as a video player.

4 gigs is definitely not enough memory. Its likely that because of the typical laptop video card that no amount of memory will make it play.

What's wrong with the horizontal tilt? There is a way to adjust horizontal tilt. You could also calibrate the gimble.

I've got a newer laptop with i7 2.5ghz and 16 gigs of ram and it still stutters a tiny bit with 4K on WMP.

Try using MPC-HC as a video player.

Since I posted my query, I did a gimbal roll adjustment and a gimbal calibration, both in flight, and the tilt has almost disappeared.

The only reason I thought about cropping as a solution was because it was a drifting tilt, and most of the threads on that subject seem to say there's nothing you can do about it.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jakob08z