Converting 2.7K to HD

Reaction score
I have a P4A and until now have been shooting in HD, but I'm having drifting horizon issues, so I was thinking of shooting at 2.7K from now on to give me room to crop the horizon straight.

Trouble is, my feeble laptop just has 2GB RAM and will not play 2.7K, so I will have to convert down to HD to watch my videos until I've saved up enough for a computer that can play 2.7K.

I have two questions here:

1) Is my laptop likely to be powerful enough to do this conversion and

2) Can anyone recommend a cheap (or free) program that can do it?

Thanks in advance.

I have a P4A and until now have been shooting in HD, but I'm having drifting horizon issues, so I was thinking of shooting at 2.7K from now on to give me room to crop the horizon straight.

Trouble is, my feeble laptop just has 2GB RAM and will not play 2.7K, so I will have to convert down to HD to watch my videos until I've saved up enough for a computer that can play 2.7K.

I have two questions here:

1) Is my laptop likely to be powerful enough to do this conversion and

2) Can anyone recommend a cheap (or free) program that can do it?

Thanks in advance.
Can your laptop play a 2.7K scaled down to HD? If processor is decent, you should be able playback with dropping frames. Have you tried VLC?

If you want to scale your videos from 2.7K to 1080, there are free programs that will run on your constrained hardware. FFMpeg is an open source command line tool for converting video and audio streams. I would take a look at this StackExchange thread on how to scale 4K to 1080 with FFMpeg. If you are more comfortable with a GUI, take a look at Handbrake. With either tool, you can create a batch file to script a bunch of files.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan