Video playback issues

Reaction score
I seem to be having issues playing videos I've recorded on my p3p... I've only had it for about a month now, and have around 30 succesful flights so far, and I've been really impressed by the performance of the AC... is there something that I'm missing or is my computer just too weak to handle the 2.7k @ 30 fps video? I haven't even tried full on 4k yet because of this issue I'm experiencing so far.

I'm hoping it's my laptop that is the problem..? the files have ranged anywhere from about 800 mb's to 2.5 gigs, they simply freeze upon opening in VLC player but will change to a new frozen pane when i advance the time by a few seconds... Windows Media player can't even open the file because it says that there's a codec issue... I've been recording in .mov4 format if I recall correctly.

For what it's worth, I do have a few videos that I've successfully recorded from when I first got the p3p but I think they may have been in 1080p @ 60fps.

Anyhow, I guess I'm just looking for some direction from you all. I've been really happy with everything so far, and have learned alot along the way. This is my first post here but I've been reading and learning a lot since I joined about a month ago.

Anything to get me going in the right direction would be very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Sounds like a laptop problem. You need 8gig's of ram minimum for it to run smooth, 6 will be close but you need to convert the files even before editing. Look in the list below in this thread for others along with solutions :)

You're probably right in thinking that it's a computer problem...2.7k and 4k need more powerful processors and graphics cards than 1080p.
The other problem you're having with Media Player should be resolved by changing your recording format to MP4... .MOV is the format generally used by people with Mac computers. (if you have any friends with a Mac, see if you can try playing your existing videos on their machine).

Most likely your computer.

Post up your computer/specs. But typically it's the computer at fault. This is why I only went with the best and got a Macbook Pro shortly after I upgraded to the P3A (father has P3P). I handle 2.7 & 4k with ease.

Also make sure you're playing video directly off your computer and NOT the memory card (inserted in the computer).

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj