Question about Litchi

Reaction score
Hi All,

I have a quick question. I'm new to this, just bought a P3S. I've noticed occasionally the video link drops out after a distance of only about 100 meters.

My question is, if I buy the Litchi app, is it possible to upload a waypoint mission to the P3S, have the bird fly completely out of range safe in the knowledge that it will return after the mission is complete?

Thank you for any info, David

My question is, if I buy the Litchi app, is it possible to upload a waypoint mission to the P3S, have the bird fly completely out of range safe in the knowledge that it will return after the mission is complete?
Yes ... but you have to double check your route programming and heights as you'd have no way to over-ride if you can't see your Phantom.

Reactions: daveday and tevek
Hi All,

I have a quick question. I'm new to this, just bought a P3S. I've noticed occasionally the video link drops out after a distance of only about 100 meters.

Thank you for any info, David
You may experience loss of video transmission dependent on the settings in the app, local wifi and electrical inteference. Litchi will enable you to run a mission even if you lose control signal, but you will have the issues of the last WP actions being maintained at that point until you regain control signal again. There will always be the furore over loss of sight during flight but most of my missions with a P4 are exactly like that and it always comes back. Just make sure your RTH settings are return to home in any event and not hover or land.

Reactions: daveday
If it helps. I do litchi missions all the time where I lose signal for a full 8-12 mins. Yes my heart is beating but it always comes back. You will love it so much. Just remember to get a beer ready to watch your filming. Also litchi has an option to automatically record flights as soon as it takes off. So make sure you have that switched on

If it helps. I do litchi missions all the time where I lose signal for a full 8-12 mins. Yes my heart is beating but it always comes back. You will love it so much. Just remember to get a beer ready to watch your filming. Also litchi has an option to automatically record flights as soon as it takes off. So make sure you have that switched on
That does help! Thanks for your help. I'll definitely get the app and can't wait to try it out.

Reactions: Neon Euc
You may experience loss of video transmission dependent on the settings in the app, local wifi and electrical inteference. Litchi will enable you to run a mission even if you lose control signal, but you will have the issues of the last WP actions being maintained at that point until you regain control signal again. There will always be the furore over loss of sight during flight but most of my missions with a P4 are exactly like that and it always comes back. Just make sure your RTH settings are return to home in any event and not hover or land.
RTH setting is only for FPV. If the signal lost on a waypoint mission it ignores your RTH setting in FPV. The aircraft will complete the mission. My very first FPV flight with a Phantom 4 I failed to set RTH. I lost signal and the bird hovered until it ran out of gas and landed 1/2 mile up the mountain. I clicked on 'Find my aircraft' and then with a grueling hike up the mountain I retrieved the bird in a bush. Lesson learned.

RTH setting is only for FPV. If the signal lost on a waypoint mission it ignores your RTH setting in FPV. The aircraft will complete the mission. My very first FPV flight with a Phantom 4 I failed to set RTH. I lost signal and the bird hovered until it ran out of gas and landed 1/2 mile up the mountain. I clicked on 'Find my aircraft' and then with a grueling hike up the mountain I retrieved the bird in a bush. Lesson learned.
I only mentioned it in case you need to abort the mission when out of line of sight. I've had to do so when I've heard a plane in the area.

Sorry, two other questions guys.
1. What happens if the battery gets low while it's outside of RC range during a WP mission?
2. Is there any way to abort a WP mission and RTH while it's outside of RC range? (I'm guessing not)

Thanks again,
I've just bought Lichi and plan to use it for the first time today. :)

Hi mate. Hope your enjoying litchi [emoji4]

1) if the battery gets low during a mission it will cut the mission short and return to home

2) no way to cancel the mission once it's outside signal range I'm afraid

Also spend a few more pounds and get these as litchi has a VR option.
1498644681322.png

Hi mate. Hope your enjoying litchi [emoji4]

1) if the battery gets low during a mission it will cut the mission short and return to home

2) no way to cancel the mission once it's outside signal range I'm afraid
Thank you sir. That's very helpful.

Reactions: Neon Euc
Well it worked well! The first WP mission I tried was over fields where I could retrieve the Phantom if anything went wrong. That was a success and so I thought I'd try one where I knew it would fly out of RC range.
Once it flew out of range (323 meters away) alarmingly the app said something like "Disconnected, mission aborted!". I wasn't expecting to hear "mission aborted" and so thought something went wrong. However, after a nerve-racking 7 minutes the Phantom returned to the home point and landed. The video showed that the mission had completed perfectly.

Worrying at times, but the app worked a treat. £20 well spent. :)

Awesome stuff. Never heard the mission aborted myself when it disconnects. That's a new one for me lol. But you will get more daring and a lot more creative once you get the hang of it. With litchi you can actually tell the drone which way to point in advanced as it flies the mission.

Awesome stuff. Never heard the mission aborted myself when it disconnects. That's a new one for me lol. But you will get more daring and a lot more creative once you get the hang of it. With litchi you can actually tell the drone which way to point in advanced as it flies the mission.
I have a feeling (could be wrong) that once it flew out of RC range it no longer faced in the correct POI directions until it flew back into range. Does that make any sense?

I second that exact experience with Litchi. I fly many 15 minute 3 mile missions over back country areas that I would never be able to see otherwise. So far it has always come back when you get the "disconnected" message. Like others have advised, make sure your waypoint altitude is sufficient to clear all obstacles on your flight path.

I second that exact experience with Litchi. I fly many 15 minute 3 mile missions over back country areas that I would never be able to see otherwise. So far it has always come back when you get the "disconnected" message. Like others have advised, make sure your waypoint altitude is sufficient to clear all obstacles on your flight path.

Using a combination of Google Earth and Litchi Mission Hub gives you great ability to plan your mission with waypoints on the higher elevations. BUT, best of all, when you open you mission on your tablet/device you can set your waypoint altitudes to be RELATIVE TO GROUND, instead of relative to HOME. Don't freak out if you see some waypoint elevations with negative values. It just means the terrain is sloping downhill from your home point. Really nice for shooting video while keeping the aircraft a fixed altitude above ground.

Used that feature on this flight to stay 45' AGL on outboundleg.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stovebayen