Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

PV2 and 3rd party gimbals

Discussion in 'Phantom 2 Vision Discussion' started by DKDarkness, Feb 12, 2014.

1. DKDarkness

I came across this light weight gimbal (120g) http://xaircraftamerica.com/collections ... ess-gimbal
    And wonder if anybody has succeded in mounting a 3rd party gimbal on the Phantom 2 Vision? I know the Dronexpert and Rotorpixel gimbals specifically build for the PV2 will fit, but I am thinking more along the lines of the Stella or even the "Goodluckbuy" gimbals? It is all about how to connect the pitch control, how is it done?

2. Chucki386

I came across those two gimbals as well , and I'm wondering the same thing I was reading on the thread about the rotorpixel gimbal that it might have some kind of extra part to convert it so you can attach a gopro....?

3. DKDarkness

4. Pull_Up

Good work!

5. Chucki386

6. rfernandez

from what i see on this vid is that the vision camera has been replaced by the go-pro which means that no FPV and now you have to spend money to get the FPV??? mood point.
    or is this a phantom 2 and not the vision..

7. Pull_Up

I think this is a proof of concept. The idea being to do like Rotorpixel but come up with a DIY gimbal you can use with the Vision camera or swap out for a GoPro - either because you have a specific need for GoPro footage or to carry forward to a new airframe.