3rd Party Gimbal for P2V with Tilt Control

Reaction score
Love the P2V but I want to do more video work with it. With this I mean Stabilized video. I have been looking at many of the gimbals on the Phantom & Phantom 2 (Zenmuse H3-2D, Tarot T-2D, Arris CM-2000, etc..). I also noticed there are some cheap ones out there such as the GoodLuckBuy http://www.goodluckbuy.com/dji-phan...roller-for-gopro3-fpv-aerial-photography.html

I was wondering how hard it would be to make this work with the stock Vision camera instead of a GoPro. The Vision camera is pretty good for video and photos as well as having FPV so it seems like a natural fit to me. Since the P2V uses a Naza-M flight controller would it be possible to use tilt control also? It seems that when the P2V is in Naza-M mode I am able to turn the potentiometer on the back of the controller and see it change values in the Phantom Assistant software when hooked up via USB. This would mean that the controller is sending the signal to the Naza-M over the 5.8Ghz control link right? If that is the case could I just hook up a cable into the Naza-M F2 port and gimbal for tilt control? Has anyone tried this?

Seems like it might work and if I could get a gimbal for $80 instead of shelling out $470 for a RotoPixel I would be much happier even if I have to do some modding of the plate etc.. for balance and mounting for the P2V camera.

Anybody think this might work or am I thinking about this wrong?

To me this seem possible, (although I am new to this)
From all the youtube video of how to install gimbals on previous phantoms naza-m flight controller it seems quiet simple.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tFfZP_F1zdE

Obviously the spare channel can be used to tilt the camera as drone expert has done it in there gimbal

I think the hardest thing would be attaching the gimbal, well just trying to match mounts. i don't have my pv2 with me so i cannot look it how the gimbal is attached, but if it was simple to screw on or off or even use the same vibration damping then it would be a really simple process.

And if you can live with out the app controlling tilt, then why not

would love to hear of anyone doing this. !!!!!!!!!!!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj