3RD Party Gimbals & Dampeners?

Reaction score
After installing my Taco Supreme the video is much better than stock P2V however I am getting a different kind of shudder now that appears to be from the gimbal mounting plate (best guess anyway). Since these gimbals are adding a lot of additional weight Im wondering what, if any, additional dampeners might be best for better stabilizing the video. I've adjusted the screws that come with the TS and tried to pre-compress the stock dampeners in various adjustments but the end result doesn't change much. I think these stock dampeners are too soft for the added gimbal weight. I see different color dampeners on the market that all appear to be various densities of rubber. Black ones, red ones, etc.

Has anyone who installed a 3rd party gimbal changed their dampeners? If so what kind did you get and what was the result. I might try making my own system with a combination of rubber washers and maybe thick foam tape or something like that. I think its the answer for a more stable video out of these gimbals even though my TS blows away the stock P2V for stability.

MrDRC said:
After installing my Taco Supreme the video is much better than stock P2V however I am getting a different kind of shudder now that appears to be from the gimbal mounting plate (best guess anyway). Since these gimbals are adding a lot of additional weight Im wondering what, if any, additional dampeners might be best for better stabilizing the video. I've adjusted the screws that come with the TS and tried to pre-compress the stock dampeners in various adjustments but the end result doesn't change much. I think these stock dampeners are too soft for the added gimbal weight. I see different color dampeners on the market that all appear to be various densities of rubber. Black ones, red ones, etc.

Has anyone who installed a 3rd party gimbal changed their dampeners? If so what kind did you get and what was the result. I might try making my own system with a combination of rubber washers and maybe thick foam tape or something like that. I think its the answer for a more stable video out of these gimbals even though my TS blows away the stock P2V for stability.

Believe it or not I have seen some youtube videos comparing using certain types of foam earplugs to conventional rubber dampers and the earplugs delivering somewhat better results.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AdriSmitJnr