Pursuing a refund - Flyaway not found...

Leon, go to the official DJI forum, start a thread, and seek assistance there. No one on this board can replace your bird. We all feel for your loss, and hope things turn out well for you in the end. But, please don't attack our peeps!

But you are not reasonable..............

Ok, give me a reasonable answer:

1. I have heard some negative things about DJI support, inc. a bias toward attributing fly-aways to pilot error.
2. I have what seems to be a Phantom malfunction.
3. A DJI Rep (as shown by his post footer) asks for my logs within seconds.
4. I post the logs.
5. Many people post (and re-post) regarding the logs, in a way that at least identifies malfunction as a possibility.
6. The DJI rep is almost the only poster who doesn't re-post after the logs are posted.

Is it not reasonable that I'm worried that this corroborates what I have heard about DJI support? Is it not reasonable that I would expect this user to be here as his work?

You are insulting me. I have been reasonable.

I don't use auto takeoff i use the RC it's quite simple to do, I don't use RTH as a means to bring a drone back either, i think that if you have control of the craft and there is no issues with connectivity then you should always manually control the craft using the RC, DJI supply a lot of info to you such as maps and direction should you lose video feed. Purchasing a smaller drone that you can practice on is a must i say as you get the feel of flying without all the help these modern drones supply. I have a Syma X5 ($50 AUD) and that has no VPS or GPS, it teaches you how to fly without all the bells a whistles and ATTI mode would feel normal in a recovery situation if needed.
Agree 100% on the advice. Automatic take off and landing modes are really just intended to get beginners off the ground until they can learn how to take control properly. View them as training wheels for your Phantom. The Syma X5 even has a sibling with a camera, the Syma X5C, for $55 U.S.. Perfect indestructible training aid! It floats to the ground when the battery dies or it gets out of range. Built in prop guards make it easy to snag out of the trees, if it doesn't make it to the ground. Bring along a retractable 20 foot pool pole with a squeegee on the end. It will come in handy!:cool:

1. I have heard some negative things about DJI support, inc. a bias toward attributing fly-aways to pilot error.
4. I post the logs.
5. Many people post (and re-post) regarding the logs, in a way that at least identifies malfunction as a possibility.
6. The DJI rep is almost the only poster who doesn't re-post after the logs are posted.

Is it not reasonable that I'm worried that this corroborates what I have heard about DJI support? Is it not reasonable that I would expect this user to be here as his work?

I'm sorry if you feel you have been insulted by me, but like I said this isn't a DJI forum. Nobody here can help you, you must take the official route to make a claim or complaint.

You just haven't been listening to the help that has been given, or the advice.

Cool your jets and listen, follow the suggestions that have been posted.

Come on man, just because this site talks about P3s doesn't mean it is the official site.

Relax, listen, do....................

Reactions: Ti22 and S5S5G6
Leon, go to the official DJI forum, start a thread, and seek assistance there. No one on this board can replace your bird. We all feel for your loss, and hope things turn out well for you in the end. But, please don't attack our peeps!

I don't want to attack anyone. When did I say anyone here could replace it? Have you even read the thread?

I must be in some kind of twilight zone.

I have spent a lot of money on a P3. I have had a fly away - instantly on take-off it was out of control. I know that calibration of my compass and IMU were fine. I know that my app was showing no errors. I know that my home point was set. I know that RTH was activated. I know that I've flown in this location multiple times. And I have proof of these things.

I was ignored by the only person I have ever spoken to who works directly for DJI. He was the first to ask for the logs but the last to comment on them, and only then because a little push was given. I just told him that I didn't appreciate it... after losing to a fly away what was an expensive purchase for me.

Have I acted wrongly? I only told him I would have liked a response!

I really don't understand what's going on here.

Reactions: atki
I'm sorry if you feel you have been insulted by me, but like I said this isn't a DJI forum. Nobody here can help you, you must take the official route to make a claim or complaint.

Come on man, just because this site talks about P3s doesn't mean it is the official site.

You've only suggested I go to DJI. I have gone to my supplier who is dealing with DJI, but didn't know this was a problem until a couple of hours ago. Maybe someone could have told me this two days ago!

I didn't want anyone here to help me lodge a complaint, claim a refund, give me a 100% guaranteed diagnosis on the problem, or give me a foot massage!

... I just told a DJI rep (a) that I would have liked a responsem (b) why I would have liked a response, and (c) why the lack of response worried me.

AND (god this is getting old) I didn't say this was an official site!

:oops: not even a unicorn rainbow butterfly Kitty could save this thread.

I don't want to attack anyone. When did I say anyone here could replace it? Have you even read the thread?

I must be in some kind of twilight zone.

I have spent a lot of money on a P3. I have had a fly away - instantly on take-off it was out of control. I know that calibration of my compass and IMU were fine. I know that my app was showing no errors. I know that my home point was set. I know that RTH was activated. I know that I've flown in this location multiple times. And I have proof of these things.

I was ignored by the only person I have ever spoken to who works directly for DJI. He was the first to ask for the logs but the last to comment on them, and only then because a little push was given. I just told him that I didn't appreciate it... after losing to a fly away what was an expensive purchase for me.

Have I acted wrongly? I only told him I would have liked a response!

I really don't understand what's going on here.
Unfortunately, I have indeed read every post in this thread. What are you hoping to achieve on this forum? Pity? We aren't the judge or jury as to whether your fly-away is your fault or DJI's fault. Take your proof here: http://forum.dji.com/forum-68-1.html

There are actual paid DJI employees there that can and will help. You learned here, what information will likely be requested by DJI. You are good to go, so.... go!

And we still don't know what happened here. Lot's of speculation. No proof.
In that you are 100% correct. but until the bird is found, all that can be done is speculate. And in that, a strong speculation would better help the guy in finding its final resting spot. ie.. a compass failure would likely bring it to rest along the same path we DO know it was traveling. Seeing a log from a know compass failure that was recovered would better equip me to predict its exact landing point. A battery issue would likely bring it down sooner along SOME path than if there was no power anomaly. It all boils down to some pretty basic math, with variable that we can only assume based on other similar flights.
Well Leon, you didn't do what Blade asked, you got rather pointed, copped an attitude and then blasted him.
Actually, he had already started the process through his retailer prior to coming here. He was asked to post a log, which he did, and was then ignored... By the guy presenting himself as a support rep.

Blade fixing his "Business Card" would help a lot!

Reactions: joelireland
Unfortunately, I have indeed read every post in this thread. What are you hoping to achieve on this forum? Pity? We aren't the judge or jury as to whether your fly-away is your fault or DJI's fault. Take your proof here: http://forum.dji.com/forum-68-1.html

There are actual paid DJI employees there that can and will help. You learned here, what information will likely be requested by DJI. You are good to go, so.... go!

This! :rolleyes:

Reactions: Ti22

I didn't say you were judge and jury. (More straw men!)

Not pity. I was happy with the input I was receiving from all users, except the DJI rep. I am being attacked and I am trying to defend my action, which was questioning why a person who I understood was a paid employee of DJI did not follow up on his request. That is all.

My purpose here was to learn, and that's what I was doing.

In that you are 100% correct. but until the bird is found, all that can be done is speculate. And in that, a strong speculation would better help the guy in finding its final resting spot. ie.. a compass failure would likely bring it to rest along the same path we DO know it was traveling. Seeing a log from a know compass failure that was recovered would better equip me to predict its exact landing point. A battery issue would likely bring it down sooner along SOME path than if there was no power anomaly. It all boils down to some pretty basic math, with variable that we can only assume based on other similar flights.

Actually, he had already started the process through his retailer prior to coming here. He was asked to post a log, which he did, and was then ignored... By the guy presenting himself as a support rep.

Blade fixing his "Business Card" would help a lot!

Steve

I'm about done with this and you. I explained my role. I'm forum support and testing. I do work for dji but this forum is not one of my responsibilities. I choose to come here because there are some outstanding users. I don't do this for the money, I already have a job that pays very well. I do this because I love the hobby and dji.

I already said I looked at the logs and there was nothing I could comment on... Maybe I should have posted that. But now anyone thag wants to look at logs is now required to comment? Come on how petty can one be? I'm not into speculation and would need more tools to see stick inputs and such. These tool are only accessible from a dji location, on a dji network.

For someone that joined last Friday you sure do pretend you know how things work.. obviously you dont. You obviously need to unplug as well... unlike you have do my research and what you post show is all you want to do is argue.

I'm done with this topic and if you continue to attack me I will have no other choice but to get the mods involved.

Have a wonderful night

I didn't say you were judge and jury. (More straw men!)

Not pity. I was happy with the input I was receiving from all users, except the DJI rep. I am being attacked and I am trying to defend my action, which was questioning why a person who I understood was a paid employee of DJI did not follow up on his request. That is all.

My purpose here was to learn, and that's what I was doing.
Leon,
What is the search pattern pattern that you are using to find your bird? Did you lay out Google Maps and superimpose a grid? Put an ad in the local paper, or in local store windows? Find someone with a P3 to fly over where you believe the bird went? Seem you have been on the computer all the time. Did you facebook your friends?

Reactions: happydays
@Leon001 I When I sent the image with the circled area I had crunched some # really quick to determine a near dead battery. But that was based on your log file converted and dropped into google earth. That was showing a final altitude of 400 and some feet. I still cant figure out why that data is different that the .csv data. The final altitude could vary, by several hundred yards, the final resting point. Basically... battery drop over a given time. Then use that to determine time remaining based on final recorded battery level minus the auto land setting at that altitude and distance from home point... roughly 10 minutes.... then extend the flight path along the same arc, at last recorded speed. Still have to add about 12% battery remaining till it lands.

All just a wild guess! IF it kept up the same path, the math could lead you to with 50 feet of so. But its final few minutes of flight, once auto land took over, could have done almost anything. Thats why a recovered birds log file that had the same kind of fly away would be helpful.

A reasonable person responds to what they have quoted from the other user. I asked you a question, and you didn't answer it. Instead, you spout condecention, insults and straw men.

I'd appreciate it if you left the thread. You are just jumping on a band-wagon and it's adding nothing to the discussion.

4. I post the logs.

Hey pm me . There's a couple much better places to get information from guys who have been doing this for years.

A reasonable person responds to what they have quoted from the other user. I asked you a question, and you didn't answer it. Instead, you spout condecention, insults and straw men.

I'd appreciate it if you left the thread. You are just jumping on a band-wagon and it's adding nothing to the discussion.
Streve has got it worked out best . He's on to something here

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT