Props Won't Spin

Reaction score
Got a call from a friend who claims, "......a couple of days after updating to the latest and greatest, my props wont start up?"

Anyone here of likewise reports?

Have him recalibrate RC tx using RC Assistant. Then hook up Phantom to Phantom Assistant. Then go to RC tab and calibrate the RC's throws on sticks toggles and x1 lever into Phantom. This allows CSC since control sticks have to reach complete lower corners to tell the motors to start up.

On side note if he is just getting yellow LEDs he might have actually lost bind between Phantom and RC.

Damon said:
Have him recalibrate RC tx using RC Assistant. Then hook up Phantom to Phantom Assistant. Then go to RC tab and calibrate the RC's throws on sticks toggles and x1 lever into Phantom. This allows CSC since control sticks have to reach complete lower corners to tell the motors to start up.

On side note if he is just getting yellow LEDs he might have actually lost bind between Phantom and RC.

He might have mode 1 activated. On the left stick, down and left, on the right stick down and right and see if the motors spin up.

Plug into the PC phantom assist and see if you have any errors.

Place on cardboard box. you may have rebar or electromagnetic interference and causing the compass to go skitz.

Mako79 said:
Damon said:

He might have mode 1 activated. On the left stick, down and left, on the right stick down and right and see if the motors spin up.

Place on cardboard box. you may have rebar or electromagnetic interference and causing the compass to go skitz.
Its been a while since my P2 has been in "Phantom mode" but doesn't all four CSC commands work in that mode too? Ie : down centers, down outwards, down lefts, and down rights on control sticks.

Damon said:
Mako79 said:
Damon said:

Its been a while since my P2 has been in "Phantom mode" but doesn't all four CSC commands work in that mode too? Ie : down centers, down outwards, down lefts, and down rights on control sticks.

You are right. I haven't personally test it though. I have been brain washed thinking down and centre for both sticks.
http://wiki.dji.com/en/index.php/Phantom_2-Flight
It logically seems wrong to have so many CSC options. More options means more chances of shutting down in mid flight.

Thank You very much -

I will link this in an email to him, and let you know what happens from there.

Cheers.

Your friend can join the forum. There is a wealth knowledge to be had here. I'm sure he/she will have more issues or questions.

He/She could also start by reading the ever changing guide created by Fantomas.

viewtopic.php?t=23597

I had similar issue....

Turned out failsafe via S1 was activated :p
Very obvious now but took me 15 mins to relise!!

He tried all that - no luck --- has been advised software issues:

He is going to join and will most likely start here. You'll be able to talk to him soon enough. ;)

He has been informed via a DJI repair service in Melbourne that is sounds like a major software issue. Personally, besides all the downplaying I've seen go on in here regarding the recent update, I choose to avoid it like the plague. Again, He will join when he is ready and tell his own story soon enough.

Davekyn said:

He is going to join and will most likely start here. You'll be able to talk to him soon enough. ;)

He has been informed via a DJI repair service in Melbourne that is sounds like a major software issue. Personally, besides all the downplaying I've seen go on in here regarding the recent update, I choose to avoid it like the plague. Again, He will join when he is ready and tell his own story soon enough.
Did he mention any of his LED light sequences?

I'm from melb to... didn't relise there was a repair centre???

Davekyn said:

It's eehobbies. Good luck trying to get hold of them, they're pretty slow to respond :|

I see he has not joined yet - good point on the lighting sequence. He is pretty busy running his own business and heading overseas. (I was just trying to help him out by asking the question was all - it is one thing to read, but much better to ask your own questions) Again, I will leave this with him now.

Just wanted to respond about the eehobies. That's good to know. I've already done a repair on my gimbal via youtube. My mate crashed his and pulled it apart like repairing a computer and bought parts off eBay. I guess if your trying to claim warranty, then using a repair service might be worth it.

When you say slow - how slow do you mean? Would it be about the same length of time of sending it overseas?

Printrbot is a 3D Printer company that sell DIY kits claiming that a seven year old can build them - They have a pathetic sales and repair service , Communication takes forever and is rather vague. On top of that -they often send equipment with missing parts.

Other than being slow to service, could you say that eehobbies are at least good at communicating?

It's a bit hard in fan-fair forums with brand specific and commercialized enterprises that moderate such speaking out - non the less, I like to hear from others about bad service. I boycott fairly easily and have learned to do most things myself because of such failing services in mass markets as they be these days. As for others who care less ... some people just have more money than brains and tend to throw their things in the bin, and or produce another from some box they consider for toys. _____________________ "Oh don't worry about it George, we'll just buy another while you fix that and use it as a spare" lmfao

Just kidding Ben .... ahahahahahahaaaaa - You have done well my friend and I know you don't have such a toy box. ... If Only!

Thanks for the heads up!

Hi Guys Ben here davkyn's mate this is my first post so..

I am the guy who updated my dji Vision 2 plus from version 3.0.6 to 3.0.8 in doing so I took it out for a flight and all went well. 24 hours later (the next day) I took it out for a quick fly however when I went to start up the engines the lights came on like normal but the engine did start instead they just twitched. all four motors twitched think this was a random start up issue I shut it down and try again but it did the same thing.

I then came inside and did an advanced recalibration on the compass and used the Assistant program to calibrate the had controller which is just my habit to both of these things (when ever I do one i do the other). I use an Iphone 5s as my FPV I rarely land on the ground as I prefer to catch my DJI as my first Dji on occasions would tip at the last minute in windy conditions.

I have since been in contact wioth DJI who are looking into it and a repair company operating out of melbourn who must have felt sorry for me and actually allowed me to talk to their tech and trouble shoot. The tech tells me that it does in deed sound like a software issues and has asked me to take a video of the start up light pattern. I have done this and emailed it to him and am not awaiting his replay.

Yesterday My standard DJI phantom 2 (not the one having engine issues did a fly away it too is updated. it pitched forward and and took off. I managed to pull it up 100 meters away from me. when it took off it also started to lose altitude and lost approx 10 meters of hight during this fly away. it would have only been 30 meters above the ground but to lose 10 meters while it was fighting my control was scary. However I have prop guards on the cameraless DJI Phantom 2 as I have no FPV mode. which brings me to my other point. DJI got back to me to ask if I have guard on my DJI I told them no not on the 2plus as this could apparently cause similar issues. however not in all four of the motors.

there was a guy on you tube how got dji DJI out of the box and was faced with the same issues one of his engines. anyway if it is up to me I would say DO NOT, DO NOT ....... DO NOT update to version 3.0.8 I have nothing but trouble now with both of my crafts and at this time no resolution. So do it at your own risk!

I know you have seen this Ben.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phA0dDJgp2g

In reference to DJI's response to you with regards to Prop guards causing motor damage.

Perhaps there is some truth to it after all.

Fact is, I want to update.

Here is my take thus far.

Third Party batteries, gimbals and software are the major things to watch with up coming firmware updates. Bit like an apple product. We only went this route as entry level anyway. You know how distrustful I am of people to begin with let alone "companies selling things"

Perhaps more searching on the Prop guard installation issues relating to motor damage may reveal that indeed, its more a case that the screw tension finally gave in -

How often have you used those guards at any rate?

If they claim its prop guards - there should be a warning on the prop guard packaging.

HMMMMMM ???????

EDIT

This is pretty much why I did not use Prop Guards:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4LcnVgbxdiI

Also I read a lot of reports of tree branches, twigs and leaves getting caught between the props and guards, bringing the whole thing down quite violently. I do a lot of flying around trees.

Still looking for others that DJI claims have ruined their motors using prop guards.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl