Project Drunken Sparrow

Just a couple... The sparrow is in a holding pattern. DJI gave us a beta. It fixes about 80% of the problem. They're giving us another hopefully this week that should fix the rest. Fingers crossed, the solution is close. Patience is wearing thin for some but I am asking they hang in there for a little longer.

ianwood said:
Just a couple... The sparrow is in a holding pattern. DJI gave us a beta. It fixes about 80% of the problem. They're giving us another hopefully this week that should fix the rest. Fingers crossed, the solution is close. Patience is wearing thin for some but I am asking they hang in there for a little longer.

Great!!!

dragonash said:
would this patch also be applied to the FC40 series?

It happens with them too

There's only been talk about the Phantom Naza controllers thus far...no word on whether the fix will be limited to that, or if it will be necessary for or rolled into a post-4.02 Naza-M firmware, which is what you have on an FC40.

AnselA said:
ElGuano said:
There's only been talk about the Phantom Naza controllers thus far....

Ian did not say "only NAZA" but:

ianwood said:
What is the purpose Project Drunken Sparrow?
  • To inform and help existing Phantom 2 owners.

Phantom-2 series MRs are only the ones using Phantom Naza controllers. I don't recall any discussions about this being rolled out more broadly to "standard" Naza-M V2. But I'm definitely interested if you've heard otherwise! Note that AFAIK, all the beta testing as been limited to v3.05 Phantom 2s.

If this is going to expanded beyond the P2 line, it might require much broader testing, as it'd involve not only the V1 and V2 Phantom 1-series, but also DIY multirotors using the Naza-M V2...there are a lot more variables there.

ElGuano said:
AnselA said:
ElGuano said:
There's only been talk about the Phantom Naza controllers thus far....

Ian did not say "only NAZA" but:

ianwood said:
What is the purpose Project Drunken Sparrow?
  • To inform and help existing Phantom 2 owners.

Phantom-2 series MRs are only the ones using Phantom Naza controllers. I don't recall any discussions about this being rolled out more broadly to "standard" Naza-M V2. But I'm definitely interested if you've heard otherwise! Note that AFAIK, all the beta testing as been limited to v3.05 Phantom 2s.

If this is going to expanded beyond the P2 line, it might require much broader testing, as it'd involve not only the V1 and V2 Phantom 1-series, but also DIY multirotors using the Naza-M V2...there are a lot more variables there.

My bad wording; I have understood just "Phantom 2" as a whole system. No matter about the individual components like NAZA , propellers, etc...

I have only been focused on the P2 which includes P2V and P2V+. Other Phantoms, I don't know enough about them or whether or not they use the same version of the code that directly relates to the issue. I would hope that if this problem exists similarly on other Naza based platforms, they would extend the solution to those as well.

KassioLM said:
the DJI should kidding right?
here is the hard work

You understand that GS is part of the Vision iOS/Android Vision app right? It has nothing to do with NAZA firmware, which has already supported this feature for some time.

ElGuano said:
KassioLM said:
the DJI should kidding right?
here is the hard work

You understand that GS is part of the Vision iOS/Android Vision app right? It has nothing to do with NAZA firmware, which has already supported this feature for some time.

yes I understand, I just think that the DJI should concentrate their efforts on us consumers with problems with the same efficiency that add more updated features on other platforms. It's just what I think.

KassioLM said:
yes I understand, I just think that the DJI should concentrate their efforts on us consumers with problems with the same efficiency that add more updated features on other platforms. It's just what I think.

Heh, we're getting into Mythical Man-Month stuff here. Definitely understand the mounting frustration, but it's almost certain that the mobile app teams are completely separate from flight control engineering. As in, they may never even talk to each other, let alone work on the same issues. It's not a small groups of guys in a garage all deciding what task everyone should all work on next; DJI employs over 1500 people, working on MR, Heli, video/camera, gimbal, radio, desktop/mobile apps, etc., and there's likely little overlap or dependency between product roadmaps. It's like saying Apple shouldn't release a new iPhone until Logic is bug-free.

Plus, to say that the firmware process is slow but the GS release was speedy and efficient, presumes more than I think we actually know. Who knows, GS could have been a huge mess, getting delayed and restarted multiple times, months before the original Vision even launched. :)

In regards as to if DJI will incorporate this into the Naza-M V2 line I don't see why they would. Simply rotating the puck solves all the problems with TBE and tracking we are having with the P2.

Tom

ElGuano said:
Plus, to say that the firmware process is slow but the GS release was speedy and efficient, presumes more than I think we actually know. Who knows, GS could have been a huge mess, getting delayed and restarted multiple times, months before the original Vision even launched. :)

GS release was 6 months late, I wouldnt call it "speedy and efficient".

Just wanted to see if the Drunken Sparrow project can confirm that the new 3.06 does in fact sober up the Sparrow?

Thanks!

tom3holer said:
In regards as to if DJI will incorporate this into the Naza-M V2 line I don't see why they would. Simply rotating the puck solves all the problems with TBE and tracking we are having with the P2.

Tom

Tom, can you please elaborate? Thanks.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tpren3