Professionally die cut nd filters only $2 each!!!

I had issues with my sets. The wafer filter out of plastic curled up when it got warm in my bag. Also trying to handle the filters to put in the rings( bought directly) they scratched easy. In the end they looked good but too hard to handle where I live with wind and ocean. Happy they work well for others though

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

You should always handle this sort of gel filter using a microfiber lens cloth to prevent fingerprints and scratching.

I have placed a filter holder ring object up on Thingiverse for those of you with these filters and a 3D printer.
e8c375ef0b97cb3af2fc67faa782e720_preview_featured.jpg

Filter Ring for DJI Phantom 3 and CollegeGeezer's Die Cut ND Filters by Wolfie

It is designed to fit over the stock DJI UV Filter that comes with the Phantom 3. I have only tested this on a P3P and P3A. I do not have access to a P3S nor a P4 so I can't guarantee it will fit.

You MAY print as many as you need for your own use.
You may NOT make these to sell/trade/barter (either the printed part nor the model files).
You may NOT make derivative objects from these models for any reason.

The bezel is dimensioned to hold the larger filter size that CG sells. I also included a stepdown inset in it that will hold the smaller size CP polarizers that he is currently shipping (what I got with mine anyway). So it will accept the smaller filter in the inset and the larger filter on top of that. For the inset to print properly you need a very fine print resolution of .15mm due to the thinness of the inset. If you do not have any of the smaller diameter filters, you can print it at .2, .3 or even .4mm layer height for much more rapid printing. Using the fine layer and my print settings, my Taz5 prints one in under 20min. With a layer height of .3mm print time drops to 10min.

When printed it should weigh approximately 2g.

Reactions: fvader and DroneX
Ordered mine close to three weeks ago and have messaged college geezer four times now without a response...

I have placed a filter holder ring object up on Thingiverse for those of you with these filters and a 3D printer.
e8c375ef0b97cb3af2fc67faa782e720_preview_featured.jpg

Filter Ring for DJI Phantom 3 and CollegeGeezer's Die Cut ND Filters by Wolfie

It is designed to fit over the stock DJI UV Filter that comes with the Phantom 3. I have only tested this on a P3P and P3A. I do not have access to a P3S nor a P4 so I can't guarantee it will fit.

You MAY print as many as you need for your own use.
You may NOT make these to sell/trade/barter (either the printed part nor the model files).
You may NOT make derivative objects from these models for any reason.

The bezel is dimensioned to hold the larger filter size that CG sells. I also included a stepdown inset in it that will hold the smaller size CP polarizers that he is currently shipping (what I got with mine anyway). So it will accept the smaller filter in the inset and the larger filter on top of that. For the inset to print properly you need a very fine print resolution of .15mm due to the thinness of the inset. If you do not have any of the smaller diameter filters, you can print it at .2, .3 or even .4mm layer height for much more rapid printing. Using the fine layer and my print settings, my Taz5 prints one in under 20min. With a layer height of .3mm print time drops to 10min.

When printed it should weigh approximately 2g.
So I just read through most of this thread. I'll read the rest. So they are no longer $2? And at $20 are they worth it to the people that have them? Thanks by the way for offering cheaper alternatives.

I'm sort of a freak about getting fingerprints on my lens and filters which is why I like the ones you can twist on and off. For $20 if I got a fingerprint on it, granted I wouldn't care. I own the polar ones and they are okay. Nothing great but I don't think you're ever gonna get anything great our of a 20mm lens.

But shooting vistas in the sun is certainly the right time to put sun glasses on the bird.

What do we think? Especially from people that have both.

And also, as of yet, I've not read anything on how they work with the P4.

Last edited:
I can't comment on the quality of these filters but I've seen several recent posts about not receiving ones that were ordered and I would like to offer my comment. I hate to comment negatively on anyone's attempts at bringing good reasonably priced alternatives to our hobby but it appears that the popularity of these filters took off and collegegeezer was ill prepared to handle it. He also had a potential partner in the rings that apparently failed to come through. This is all from my limited correspondence with him. Short version is I ordered a set and after weeks of emails and posts here, he finally told me that he was way behind but that he was catching up in the next week or so. I gave him the benefit of the doubt and waited several more weeks. I contacted him a few more times to let him know that if I didn't get some response that I would have to file a dispute with PayPal since my window for that option was closing. He never responded and I filed my dispute and got my money back. I don't believe he even responded to the dispute. Bottom line is as much as I wanted these filters it looks like a dead end. The OP doesn't even respond to this thread anymore and doesn't respond to the email address he posted last. Just wanted to offer a better perspective from someone whose been through a couple of months of waiting with nothing to show. You know what they say about if something sounds too good to be true.... Sorry collegegeezer but you really could have had a successful little product here if you'd take some time to acknowledge your customers. If others have had good experiences with him please chime in and refute my story. It's quite possible he's turned the corner and got things worked out which would be great. But like I said I keep seeing posts about getting no response from he OP so I thought I'd weigh in and let you all know what you should expect. Thanks.

I can't comment on the quality of these filters but I've seen several recent posts about not receiving ones that were ordered and I would like to offer my comment. I hate to comment negatively on anyone's attempts at bringing good reasonably priced alternatives to our hobby but it appears that the popularity of these filters took off and collegegeezer was ill prepared to handle it. He also had a potential partner in the rings that apparently failed to come through. This is all from my limited correspondence with him. Short version is I ordered a set and after weeks of emails and posts here, he finally told me that he was way behind but that he was catching up in the next week or so. I gave him the benefit of the doubt and waited several more weeks. I contacted him a few more times to let him know that if I didn't get some response that I would have to file a dispute with PayPal since my window for that option was closing. He never responded and I filed my dispute and got my money back. I don't believe he even responded to the dispute. Bottom line is as much as I wanted these filters it looks like a dead end. The OP doesn't even respond to this thread anymore and doesn't respond to the email address he posted last. Just wanted to offer a better perspective from someone whose been through a couple of months of waiting with nothing to show. You know what they say about if something sounds too good to be true.... Sorry collegegeezer but you really could have had a successful little product here if you'd take some time to acknowledge your customers. If others have had good experiences with him please chime in and refute my story. It's quite possible he's turned the corner and got things worked out which would be great. But like I said I keep seeing posts about getting no response from he OP so I thought I'd weigh in and let you all know what you should expect. Thanks.

Similar situation here, initialy I got the filters(had to pay a bit extra to have them sent down under) and one month later I paid for 2 rings. John told me he would send them to me almost 2 months ago but I haven't received anything yet. It's not about the money, it's about the principle. I have tried pms here, his gmail address even contacting him through his site but no response.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Last edited:
I purchased some a couple months ago and got them in the mail. He promised to send the ring at a later date and it never showed up. I would not order now after seeing no responses from him etc. Buy some filters elsewhere.

So I just read through most of this thread. I'll read the rest. So they are no longer $2? And at $20 are they worth it to the people that have them? Thanks by the way for offering cheaper alternatives.

I'm sort of a freak about getting fingerprints on my lens and filters which is why I like the ones you can twist on and off. For $20 if I got a fingerprint on it, granted I wouldn't care. I own the polar ones and they are okay. Nothing great but I don't think you're ever gonna get anything great our of a 20mm lens.

But shooting vistas in the sun is certainly the right time to put sun glasses on the bird.

What do we think? Especially from people that have both.

And also, as of yet, I've not read anything on how they work with the P4.
I personally think they are worth the price.. I got filter rings from bdog and used tweezers to place all the filters in the rings then made a foam holder. Once I had the filters in the rings they stayed in there, didn't fall out. I am not a photographer nor do I have a lot of money to spend on this type of stuff so I feel for the price they work great for what im doing. I have not seen College Geezer on here in awhile tho.

Reactions: Jussaguy
I personally think they are worth the price.. I got filter rings from bdog and used tweezers to place all the filters in the rings then made a foam holder. Once I had the filters in the rings they stayed in there, didn't fall out. I am not a photographer nor do I have a lot of money to spend on this type of stuff so I feel for the price they work great for what im doing. I have not seen College Geezer on here in awhile tho.
He seems to have a size up and kicking though.

These printed great. I had to make my own, but decided to print yours as spares.. they worked out well.. thanks!

Anyone get these delivered recently? I ordered a set almost a month ago. The one email I got back was that he would mail them out ASAP and send me a tracking number but that never came. Sent a couple more emails but didn't get any response. Hopefully I'm still within the Paypal dispute window but I'd really rather get the filters than my money back. :(

Anyone suggest some reasonably priced alternatives? I think the stock lens is a polarized filter so I'm mainly interested in 3 ND filters. I can print my own ring if need-be... just got a 3D printer a couple of weeks ago so the more I can print with it the better I feel about the purchase. ;)

I ordered and never received. Contacted a number of times but no response. Raised a dispute on PayPal and had no response from seller. Funds refunded by PayPal. I'd imagine PayPal will disable his account on his website if they haven't done so already.

I ordered and never received. Contacted a number of times but no response. Raised a dispute on PayPal and had no response from seller. Funds refunded by PayPal. I'd imagine PayPal will disable his account on his website if they haven't done so already.
Hi,PHB1969
Shoot me your address and I will send you my set for free!

Reactions: PHB1969
@flywindy - lovely gesture, thank you. I have since bought a set of neewer ones, so am now sorted. Maybe your goodwill could help someone else. Best wishes & thank you.

O.K. Thanks. Anyone out there that wants a set of rings and filters (nd 2, 4, 8 & polar) drop me your address and I will snail mail them to you!

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl