Professionally die cut nd filters only $2 each!!!

BDOG sells the rings for the filters...College Geezer sells just the filters..to get the ring for the filters just shoot BDOG a PM

BDOG sells the rings for the filters...College Geezer sells just the filters..to get the ring for the filters just shoot BDOG a PM

On the website (cheapdronefilters) here is what is listed for $20:

INCLUDES:
2 ND2 FILTERS
2 ND4 FILTERS
2 ND8 FILTERS
2 POLARIZER FILTERS
1 EASYFIT RING

Perhaps it is the bigger filters that are being sent out that comes with the ring. There was a note that I should expect a package with bigger filters in the near future. But if that's the case how do I use the small filters? Can I pull off the front of the camera and put it behind the lens or something? Don't want to break anything :)

Last edited:
Ohhhh i see.

If you have the p3 standard the lens does not come off. How far off is the size?

Do the ND filters fit fine and just not the polaizer? Or none of them fit inside the ring?

Do the ND filters fit fine and just not the polaizer? Or none of them fit inside the ring?

The issue is that there was no "easy fit" ring supplied with the filters. My question is how do I use the filters without a ring? Do I unscrew the lens on the camera? I have a P3A not standard.

My apologies....I mis-read everything..you didn't get the ring

Yes, if you have the P3A you can unscrew and place in there

Have you contacted CG about this???

Hi Guys.

What I was doing is selling the filters only on this site and BDOG was supplying the rings. (kind of a courtesy for supplying me with rings..to sell on my website .Problem is, I never got the rings! I get it, life is busy so no hard feelings, but I was stuck with the larger filters and no way to supply rings.....

So, I've taken it upon myself to produce my own version of the rings. Right now, I have the final prototype (pictured below) that I am test fitting onto the pro and standard today. Once I can confirm fit, I will have supply for everyone moving forward and all of you who didn't receive in the past...(just pm me and I'll fire you off one)

For the most part, the rings are similar. I had a batch made using carbon fiber thinking it would have that iconic carbon fiber weaved look, however, because it still needs to be extruded through a 3d printer, it looks like a normal plastic. They are already so light, that you don't really notice a weight reduction, so though cool, I'll probably just stick with the traditional material.

I will put up a formal post on this thread soon for everyone still waiting for rings (later this week) when I will be able to send those waiting a new ring. Hopefully, this will eliminate any hiccups in filling orders.

Attachments

• IMG_0973.JPG
    IMG_0973.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 286
Reactions: Procharged97
I got polarpro... probably better than any $2 filters that you can get especially with the case and all

I mean not that they are necessarily better, but i have CP, ND8, ND16, ND16, ND16PL, and ND32 (CP is central polarized, and PL is polarized)
they just have more stops which works well because i have so much sun in my area

I just received my envelope with the filters. I sent a PM but thought others might like to know. Whats the radius of the orientation notch on the CP?

Were the 2 sets for $20 supposed to include the ring or not? I was planning on making a design for one and 3D printing it myself.

I mean not that they are necessarily better, but i have CP, ND8, ND16, ND16, ND16PL, and ND32 (CP is central polarized, and PL is polarized)
they just have more stops which works well because i have so much sun in my area

I think you have the wrong term there. Its not "central". Its "circular".

There are two types of polarizer filter material available. Linear and Circular. Linear polarizers are appropriate for fairly old cameras and mirrorless/view cameras. SLRs and DSLRs commonly use a beam splitter (in the form of a dichroic or half silvered mirror) to reflect a portion of the light to a focusing/metering grid. A linear polarizer plays havoc with these systems as it causes inconsistent amounts of light being reflected by the splitter. A CP, which is a linear polarizer with a quarter wave plate added, is required in these cases to alleviate the issue. The resulting images taken with CP or PL filters will show absolutely no difference so the type of filter only affects the mechanics involved in focusing/metering and nothing with image rendering (film or sensor).

Either a linear or a circular can be used with the phantom since it contains no focusing elements nor any mirrors.

I dont like filters which need to unscrew the original filter. These snap on with hard rubber ring is perfect stuff. So how much does the set WITH the ring cost ? ND4 and ND8.

I dont like filters which need to unscrew the original filter. These snap on with hard rubber ring is perfect stuff. So how much does the set WITH the ring cost ? ND4 and ND8.
2x ND2, 2x ND4, 2x ND8, 2x polarizes and ring for $20. I think there is a wait on the ring since he is in the process of making them. You can also send BDOG a PM to buy the rings. I have pics if you would like to see what they look like with the filters on the camera

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Geezer, when you get the ring attachment setup, I will be making an order asap! I may also be in town this weekend as well

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dragonslair