Pretty sure I just lost my drone to Mexican customs.

Dey took 'er drones!

Seriously, sorry for your apparent loss. Let's not bring politics into it though.

Attachments

• 1460154203309.jpg
    1460154203309.jpg
    123.6 KB · Views: 554
Reactions: Mario_SB
don't due it

Yeah I know. I had no cash whatsoever on me otherwise I would have done exactly that.

I would get some cash. You make be paying the bribe on the back end. Likely called a storage fee.

Reactions: mmee1992
yeah go back in with fifty and you might get it back

Ok so when you get you next Quad what are you going to get? A new P3P or a P4? That is really truly the only unanswered question.

Let him return to retrieve it, before passing final judgement. ;-)

The Gold at the end of the rainbow, isn't always Acapulco...

RedHotPoker

Hmmm. Ok so they took is drone and told him they couldn't give him a receipt and some of you think he's getting it back? Really? Puff puff pass!

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: Mario_SB
Just saw a Phantom drone fly over the border from Mexico. Looked weird, had a small bag attached from one of the legs...

You should have demanded a receipt. You may as well kiss it goodbye. I just don't understand why you did not do your homework with documentation before leaving the country. I'm going to Asia at the end of May. And you can bet you azz that I know where I can and cannot carry my drone.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

You should have demanded a receipt. You may as well kiss it goodbye.

Hahahahaha.... This is funny... Very cute. Demand a receipt.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Yes. But even that really would not help. The dude is flying it right now. Why not ask for supervisior. You have not committed crime.

Did you even get the name of customs agent?.. Sorry you had a bad experience, did you have a Trump sticker or a hat ?lol unfortunately sounds like you had some bad luck. Traveled to Mexico all my life and it's always at the border were mishaps if any happen. Maybe being that close to the U.S. Side Grows a bit of greed and corruption...

Reactions: Tony Cowan
Probably because that would get him a lump on the head and a lost drone anyway.

My brothes lives in az, his wife is mexican and i visit him few years ago, we decided to go to mexico to visite her family and that was the first thing she told me, leave all the expensive things in az because there is always this type of customs officers that kept your stuff. Hope you get it back!!

Dam that sucks. I am planning to take my drone to Puerto Vallarta in august from the UK.
You should likely be okay I would think. I was told that they give flight crew members a harder time especially on the private jets because they assume were loaded (I'm not).

You should have demanded a receipt. You may as well kiss it goodbye. I just don't understand why you did not do your homework with documentation before leaving the country. I'm going to Asia at the end of May. And you can bet you azz that I know where I can and cannot carry my drone.

Flying and having a drone is perfectly legal in mexico. This isn't my first time. I have traveled with my drone all over the world. South and central america all over the Caribbean and Europe. Mexico is a corrupt place and that customs officer was abusing his power. The most they should have done as tax me for the value exceeding $150.00 because I am a crew member. I think for passengers it is $500.00

Yes. But even that really would not help. The dude is flying it right now. Why not ask for supervisior. You have not committed crime.

I asked for a supervisor. They took me into a back room with the main boss for customs.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl