Pre-Orders that are Placed

last night, i order my phantom2vision+ from DDM online and their company's name is in the dji authorize dealer list. free shipping, 3-4 days, they shipped today after my bank cleared ! . :p

Thank You Dave's Motors!

DDMSteve said:
Hi there!This is Steve from DDM (Davesmotors.com) I spoke with a few of you on the phone today verifying that we had the Phantom 2 Vision+ in stock. We are not a no-name dealer, in fact we are very well known if you do some searching for us. We have been the worldwide leaders in large scale radio controlled cars for a number of years. We recently have taken up the DJI Phantom line and purchase directly from DJI, and you will note that we are on the "dealers" list for the Phantom 2 Vision+ on the DJI website http://www.dji.com/product/phantom-2-vision-plus/dealer Our number one goal in all aspects of our business is to ensure that the end user gets to have as much fun with their hobby as we do with ours. Here is the tweet that I sent out earlier today: https://twitter.com/davesmotors/status/ ... 76/photo/1

Have a look at the HPI Baja Forum and you will see nearly a decade worth of postings giving us the credit to making sure that our customers are always satisfied with their orders. Thanks for your support and we have every expectation of becoming a major presence on this forum and the Phantom/multirotor community as we have with large scale. We can be reached by phone; 801.619.0235, outside of phone hours leave a message. Email is always easiest to reach us! [email protected]

My Plus is on it's way from Dave's Discount Motors. I ordered it on-line last night (after business hours) and it shipped today. It will be here tomorrow, Saturday delivery.

I'm still in the process of canceling my DJI order. DJI responded to my first cancellation e-mail with a plea not to cancel my order and an offer to include a free set of propellers. No thanks. I'm really pleased with Dave's and that's going to be my go-to resource. Dave's even called to confirm that my order had shipped. Excellent service.

The only problem with this revised schedule is that I need to be in the kitchen all weekend (which normally makes me very happy), and will be watching my buddies run Boston on Monday so I probably won't get into the air until sometime late Monday afternoon. Yay!

Another Thank You Dave's Motors

Purchased a P2V couple months back. Was 990 on Rotorpixel pre-order, charged and waiting. Inquired about gimbal upgrade from DJI for p2v, then sold it and pre-ordered p2v+ from DJI. I informed DJI through many emails that store.dji.com was vulnerable to the "HeartBleed" exploit and asked about phone order options. They responded, use our website or reseller. Like everyone else, didn't like being billed immediately and waiting, but figured DJI would have the most allocation immediately.

After doing some basic background checks of DDM and saw the DJI authorized dealer page, made my order last night and left an email about calling in the morning. This morning, I got an email response saying order was in-stock and shipping today so replied "thank you." Brad(DDM) calls moments later after seeing my email to comfirm shipping options and stock. THAT'S CUSTOMER SERVICE !!!

BTW, store.dji.com was vulnerable for a couple days after I notified them. Probably, they contracted services and it was hosted, but still disconcerting.

Folks,

As discussed before. I cancelled my DJI order (still waiting for confirmation of cancel, and waiting for refund).

Called Dave's Discount yesterday afternoon, overnight shipping, arrived 10:22am this morning.

Unboxing photos are attached (3 attachment max, so I combined photos). Last one has all the additional accessories I purchased last week from BH.

If anyone is on the fence about keeping their continually delayed DJI order, vs. cancelling and going with an authorized retailer that has them in stock, I have a strong recommendation.

Thanks.

Attachments

• ContactSheet-003.jpg
    ContactSheet-003.jpg
    526.7 KB · Views: 354
  • ContactSheet-002.jpg
    ContactSheet-002.jpg
    576.5 KB · Views: 370
  • ContactSheet-001.jpg
    ContactSheet-001.jpg
    542.8 KB · Views: 361
Thanks for the photos. We ordered around the same time but as I said before, I'm too cheap for overnight plus I live on the ease coast in Boston. The box looks like it could be a case. I see you have a backpack.

okay, the truth about it :eek: ...i did order the "+" from dji too :| and trying to cancel it :evil: . no response yet from dji about my refund :evil: . i cant believe they take your money even before they mail my items :oops: . i did dispute it from paypal. dji customer service are the " mother of all $%#^&* ". however, thanks to "DDM" for fast expedite of my phantom 2 vision + ............ :lol: :roll: :p :D ;) :)

MikeySoft said:
Thanks for the photos. We ordered around the same time but as I said before, I'm too cheap for overnight plus I live on the ease coast in Boston. The box looks like it could be a case. I see you have a backpack.

Turns out the egg carton wouldn't fit in the backpack (it's an old backpack I already had).

However, fit perfectly (and I mean perfectly) in my Tumi roller carry on bag (Tumi Alpha 2) with the 1 inch expansion unzipped. See attached photo - the egg carton top goes on with no problem and it zips with hardly any pressure on the top.

The controller obviously fits, but it's charging right now. Got all 6 batteries in, though I ought to relocate one of them to reduce the edge bow as is visible on far right end. Also have in there the wrench, extra props, Samsung phone, a Canon digital camera, extra memory cards, and card reader.

Manuals and FAA / HR658 copies are in outer flat pockets.

Using egg carton for transport was another user's idea, so I don't take any credit.

Heading out shortly...

Attachments

• case top off .jpg
    case top off .jpg
    282.6 KB · Views: 494
fujitsuman said:
If anyone is on the fence about keeping their continually delayed DJI order, vs. cancelling and going with an authorized retailer that has them in stock, I have a strong recommendation.

Great pictures. I see someone went totally overboard on the batteries & accessories too! You are going to be airborne for 2.5 hours! LMAO!!!

I was pre-order 3906 with DJI, and knew it wasn't going to be here before next weekend at the earliest. So...

I logged onto DDM this afternoon, saw price (with 5% discount - sweet), called to make sure the Vision+ was really in stock and that "Next Day" included Saturday, and placed an order for the Vision+ & extra battery @ 3:53pm EST.

At 4:10pm I received my shipment confirmation with tracking number, and now it looks like I just might catch me an aerial of that pesky & elusive Easter bunny hopping down the cotton trail... :eek:

Sent a cancellation email to DJI for my pre-order. I was not nasty at all. Its new, everyone wants one, s**t happens. I'm just too damned impatient to wait another week watching you guys play. Thank you to the folks at Dave's for the PROMPT service & shipping!

WOW six batteries!!! You can fly for 2 hours... must be nice.

Do you have to let the phantom cool off between flights and would it be good to go for the full 2 hours one battery after another?

I've seen DJI's video of the pro model drones running for 3 days straight while tethered to AC power, but not sure if the phantom is built to withstand something like that.

MikesTooLz said:
WOW six batteries!!! You can fly for 2 hours... must be nice.

Do you have to let the phantom cool off between flights and would it be good to go for the full 2 hours one battery after another?

I've seen DJI's video of the pro model drones running for 3 days straight while tethered to AC power, but not sure if the phantom is built to withstand something like that.

I was on my fourth battery when my wife said it was time to wrap up. (was getting cold) Almost zero downtime between flights and can't say I noticed any difference in performance. Will share further thoughts and try to upload video shortly.

Europe Finally
Ordernumber: 049100000049 (Germany)
Transaction completed on: 2014-04-07 13:04:03
Shipping Status:shipped :)
DHL: Shipment picked up in Shenzhen on Saturday April 19th at 14:11 (local time)

Dronut said:
Europe Finally
Ordernumber: 049100000049 (Germany)
Transaction completed on: 2014-04-07 13:04:03
Shipping Status:shipped :)
DHL: Shipment picked up in Shenzhen on Saturday April 19th at 14:11 (local time)

Same here.
On the DJI page mine still says shipping status pending but I did get a message from DHL saying it is en route.

Order Number: 046000000024
Payment Status: pay_confirmed
QTY: 1
Transaction completed on: 2014-04-08 09:06:30
Shipping Status: pending

Dirty Bird said:
fujitsuman said:

Great pictures. I see someone went totally overboard on the batteries & accessories too! You are going to be airborne for 2.5 hours! LMAO!!!

I was pre-order 3906 with DJI, and knew it wasn't going to be here before next weekend at the earliest. So...

I logged onto DDM this afternoon, saw price (with 5% discount - sweet), called to make sure the Vision+ was really in stock and that "Next Day" included Saturday, and placed an order for the Vision+ & extra battery @ 3:53pm EST.

At 4:10pm I received my shipment confirmation with tracking number, and now it looks like I just might catch me an aerial of that pesky & elusive Easter bunny hopping down the cotton trail... :eek:

Sent a cancellation email to DJI for my pre-order. I was not nasty at all. Its new, everyone wants one, s**t happens. I'm just too damned impatient to wait another week watching you guys play. Thank you to the folks at Dave's for the PROMPT service & shipping!

Agree with you - always better to be cordial. I got my refund email at 1am CT last night, credit will come Monday they say. Total time to respond: 33 hours. Not that bad.

But I had sent in 4 separate requests before they responded (they only responded to the fourth).

Thank you all...
My son has an FC40, which we love, but he loves it so much my flight time is limited. I had to get my own, so P2V+ ordered April 7 from DJI.
Then the delays set in. I don't like waiting.
Order #11000003865 cancelled with DJI
Placed order with Dave's Motors in UT yesterday. Fed Ex arrived an hour ago.
Unboxed. Downloaded 3.0 assistant. Connected to P2V+. Switched to NAZA mode. Set IOC and height/radius limits to my tastes. Did a basic calibration for the heck of it.
Downloaded app. Connected app to range extender and camera. Camera tests ok.
Shut down all.
Fully charging range extender & P2V+ batteries.
ETA to maiden flight: 30 min. Biting my nails. If I get the toilet bowl or J-hook effect, I'm downgrading to the earlier firmware.

We'll be waiting to see your video footage, DrJoe! :eek:

My P2V+ was delivered to the FedEx store this morning (signature required and I had to work). Will be heading there on my way home to pick her up! :D

I bet your son is gonna be just a little bit envious! ;)

Maiden flight accomplished without incident!!!
Camera blows the FC40 away. Easy to control with the app. Love the ability to tilt the camera. Fish-eye is pronounced, but 1080i is awesome.
I did get some toilet bowl effect. I will go back into the Assistant software and perform a full recalibration and compass calibration prior to my next flight to see if that has any effect, but what from what I've read, its a firmware or gain problem.
Posting the video to YouTube here:
http://youtu.be/RoFhH7BK5j0

It is up in HD, just change the settings in the clip to go to 1080.. and the pool guys love my neighborhood!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart