Poor Casey Neistat Lost his Mavic Pro

I dont know why they support idiots testing their equipment regardless of YouTube subscribers, give it to someone that knows what to do with it and wont lose it or possibly maim someone clowning around with it, 1 review from a guy on this forum would be worth 1million times that idiots review in the real world.

Casey seems very careless with all of his equipment.
I am unsure whether this is all "staged" but with multicopters (drones) something which can cause injury and/or damage to property if not used correctly his advocating a careless and care free attitude to their usage is worrying.

Casey seems very careless with all of his equipment.

It already begins with the unboxing...;)

giphy.gif

Check it out..
Will you stop posting Neistat here, he, probably is the gifted and experienced film maker but he is an absolute IDIOT, when it comes to the drones. Stop his popularisation!!!! Post some useful info. Good luck and safe flying!

Last edited:
Yes unbelievable, and now he lost his Dobby drone as well only a few days later.
And he called DJI and asked them if they could send him a new Mawic.
I really hope DJI doesn't send him a new one.

It seems all Youtubers with more than 1 million subscribers gets a Mawic, and that is regardless if they can fly drones or not.
Give them to a real drone pilot who can fly properly and safely, and who can also make a good review of the drone.
I don't know exactly who to blame about the bad camera quality thing, but after looking at his video i thought the Mawic had a much worse camera than the P4.

By the way, is he even allowed to fly the drones in NYC ?

I'm sorry to say but this guy is a complete twat. And no... I'm not saying that as he's in the spot light and I'm not. I just have respect for bloggers but this guy is wreckless with he's products. He handles them roughly, doesn't treat the products with care and then when it breaks or he loses it somewhere he's like "oh I'm a big YouTube so you better send me another one" err..... I can do good reviews like that (I do on my channel for electric unicycles and arduino robots) and yet I don't wreck any of the products. Sorry but this guy doesn't deserve to get anything from DJI and he is annoying as hell on he's video edits too

Sent from my Power using PhantomPilots mobile app

that definately says more about him than about the MAVIC
What logic process are you using to deduct that he's to blame? "Others individualsflying other drones haven't had an issue, so this 'definately (sic)' is user error / stunt"?

Have you spent more than a moment browsing around here where owners have had DJI products fly away? Are those pilots automatically to blame since they had a fly-away when many users have not?

GMass thinks you're just a little jealous sally...

It seems all Youtubers with more than 1 million subscribers gets a Mawic, and that is regardless if they can fly drones or not.
Give them to a real drone pilot who can fly properly and safely, and who can also make a good review of the drone.
If you're in marketing, you're certainly an unemployed marketer. The pre-release of product to select individuals has nothing to do with getting honest opinions and everything to do with boosting sales. A "real drone pilot" will not boost sales; they're in fact likely to reduce sales.

Anyways, what qualifies someone as a "real drone pilot"? How much money have you made using a drone compared to Casey? GMass says comparing wallets is a pretty good judge of who is "real" and who's an amateur hack.

1 review from a guy on this forum would be worth 1million times that idiots review in the real world.
No. It wouldn't. This board has 60,678 members. His Mavick vid has 4,071,934 views.

YouTube has gotten DJI 6,710% greater publicity than this board could (presuming that every registered member viewed the review, which of course wouldn't happen).

Reactions: David Kraft
If you're in marketing, you're certainly an unemployed marketer. The pre-release of product to select individuals has nothing to do with getting honest opinions and everything to do with boosting sales. A "real drone pilot" will not boost sales; they're in fact likely to reduce sales.

Anyways, what qualifies someone as a "real drone pilot"? How much money have you made using a drone compared to Casey? GMass says comparing wallets is a pretty good judge of who is "real" and who's an amateur hack.
I agree. A well done video of a new drone would actually be most likely boring except for those wanting to learn facts with no bs. I don't believe people view Casey for drone reviews. I think they just want to see what silly stuff he may do next. I don't care for him but I'll admit his videos have a lot of work behind them and his style attracts people. Editing is good etc. It's called showmanship. He is getting the exact results he's going for. I wouldn't mind his income but what he does is just not my style. Sure, he is rough on stuff and kind of acts like an entitled brat....but he sure works for it. Can you imagine the amount of time it must take to make a silly 10 minute video with all the pre planned shots, time lapse, multiple cameras, and editing with special effects? It's not like he goes out and shoots for 10 minutes and uploads it.

I agree. The kind of market reach, 4 million+ views, is an incredible bargain for the cost of one Mavic (or 2+).

I agree. A well done video of a new drone would actually be most likely boring except for those wanting to learn facts with no bs. I don't believe people view Casey for drone reviews. I think they just want to see what silly stuff he may do next. I don't care for him but I'll admit his videos have a lot of work behind them and his style attracts people. Editing is good etc. It's called showmanship. He is getting the exact results he's going for. I wouldn't mind his income but what he does is just not my style. Sure, he is rough on stuff and kind of acts like an entitled brat....but he sure works for it. Can you imagine the amount of time it must take to make a silly 10 minute video with all the pre planned shots, time lapse, multiple cameras, and editing with special effects? It's not like he goes out and shoots for 10 minutes and uploads it.
Really good points. I just watched a video showing his studio which really serves to show behind the scenes of his mind. He's put 17 years into a product that today is very successful, and it's entirely a result of his hard work and dedication.

Reactions: David Kraft
I'm sorry to say but this guy is a complete twat. And no... I'm not saying that as he's in the spot light and I'm not.

Sure you are.

I just have respect for bloggers but this guy is wreckless with he's products. He handles them roughly, doesn't treat the products with care and then when it breaks or he loses it somewhere he's like "oh I'm a big YouTube so you better send me another one" err..... I can do good reviews like that (I do on my channel for electric unicycles and arduino robots) and yet I don't wreck any of the products.

He handles them as he needs to... he appreciates the equipment but as he explains, he uses it as means to get from point A to point B. He films and edits a video each day... by himself. With over 5 million subscribers, it's been shown that he does a _very_ good job (he's really an profesional who puts out a daily vlog). So he _uses_ his equipment. If this means that he can't afford to be dainty with it, it in no way means he does not appreciate it. Some people here can't seem to comprehend the difference. Plus, as mention this this quotes post and prior ones... some people can't see beyond their jealousy so they call him an idiot.

Sorry but this guy doesn't deserve to get anything from DJI and he is annoying as hell on he's video edits too
It's much easy to walk through like not judging people when it does not affect you. Truth is, it's marking... and if DJI can reach 5-10 million people by spending what amounts to something like $2000.... they would be _very_ smart to do it.

Also, DJI has given him 4 P4s in the past. He gave away 3 of them (but he's an idiot) and when he damaged his one, he _paid_ for another out of his pocket.

Will you stop posting Neistat here, he, probably is the gifted and experienced film maker but he is an absolute IDIOT, when it comes to the drones. Stop his popularisation!!!! Post some useful info. Good luck and safe flying!

So you add a post? You have it backwards... don't tell other people not to post, simply skip the thread yourself if you don't want to read it. See how that works.

Sure you are.

He handles them as he needs to... he appreciates the equipment but as he explains, he uses it as means to get from point A to point B. He films and edits a video each day... by himself. With over 5 million subscribers, it's been shown that he does a _very_ good job (he's really an profesional who puts out a daily vlog). So he _uses_ his equipment. If this means that he can't afford to be dainty with it, it in no way means he does not appreciate it. Some people here can't seem to comprehend the difference. Plus, as mention this this quotes post and prior ones... some people can't see beyond their jealousy so they call him an idiot.

It's much easy to walk through like not judging people when it does not affect you. Truth is, it's marking... and if DJI can reach 5-10 million people by spending what amounts to something like $2000.... they would be _very_ smart to do it.

Also, DJI has given him 4 P4s in the past. He gave away 3 of them (but he's an idiot) and when he damaged his one, he _paid_ for another out of his pocket.
Why would I say I'm jealous when I am a sponsored rider for Asia ebikes on the equipment they give me ? You might want to get your facts right first rather then making retarded comments

Sent from my Power using PhantomPilots mobile app

Why would I say I'm jealous when I am a sponsored rider for Asia ebikes on the equipment they give me ? You might want to get your facts right first rather then making retarded comments
There's a lot of irony in you telling someone they're making "retarded comments" after you say you couldn't possibly be jealous of someone getting free drones because you get free bike parts.
"I'm not jealous he got a free drone because one time I went to Disney."
"I'm not jealous he got a free drone because I have O+ blood type."
"I'm not jealous he got a free drone because this morning I drank a cup of coffee."

This is a really good point. Your average poster on the forum loves his Phantom/Mavic beyond measure. Witness the fawning adoration for the latter drone that isn't even in consumers' hands yet. For Casey Neistat, these things are tools, not beloved possessions. A means to an end. He doesn't obsess over every little scratch and ding...he uses these things as popular blog subjects to reach as much of the public as possible. Personally, I can only take the guy in small doses, but I do admire his entrepreneurial spirit.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart