POLL: Average age of a Phantom flyer

76 here.
Been flying RC for 60 years, including helicopters for 20 years.

What kind of Recreational Craft, (paper planes?) were around, 60 years ago? ;-)

I need to see some of those antique models...

RedHotPoker

I am 55 years young LOL. Have been flying RC helicopters and planes for almost 20 years.

Ok. I'm wondering whether I'm (a) either young at heart :D or (b) entering a new midlife crisis :shock: by being smitten by this new hobby.

I'm 48.

Am I in good company with other 40 somethings? or is there a particular demographic (or not) that this hobby appeals to?

What's your age?

Just curious! :cool:
63 but refuse to grow up.

60 in September. Sired, hired, fired and retired. 8 surgeries in the last 7 years. Finally ready to have some fun!!

Me, too.

44 - and only got into quadcopters a few months ago. Built a 250...really enjoyed building it but oh what a sensitive soul it is to fly! Plumped for a P3 and been very happy ever since. Had an RC plane before - crashed it on seconf flight...and a few Tamiya RC car kits back in me twenties.

I am 38, started with RC boats with my dad and older brother when i was about 6 they must have had 10 boats easy and did the hobby for years,we still have them all. Then got into racing RC cars when i was 12 and have been racing them ever since and still do. I all so have a plane, glider and heli. I got my first phantom about 18 months ago and been hooked ever since.

57 rceen for a while p2v3

What kind of Recreational Craft, (paper planes?) were around, 60 years ago? ;-)

I need to see some of those antique models...

RedHotPoker
My first RC fixed wing model in 1954 was a Kiel Kraft Junior 60. (5 ft wingspan) It was a single channel with a clockwork escapment which just controlled the rudder, giving alternatively left, centre, right. The RC equipment was by E.D. and the transmitter was a large red metal box approx 18 inches by 12 inches and the receiver was a single valve (tube) device approx 4x2x6 inches. I dont have any photos. I think the motor was a ED Bee diesel but I can't be certain about that (it was a long time ago).

RedHotPoker[/QUOTE]

65 here, going on 66. Just got started with the Phantom 2+ Plus. Have moved on to the Phantom 3. This stuff is incredible and great fun.

48 have been in r/c since I was 12,4 nitro planes,1 losi LST,1 warehouse hobbies 42" gas boat,1 gas on road car,1 sport cub s,building a carl goldberg ultimate bipe.

This poll is great! My respects to all of you gentlemen!

Reactions: Jbundy63

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnndyManuka