POLL: Average age of a Phantom flyer

25 x 2:p

Only had my P2V for about 6 months & loving it.;)

Had a copter but kept crashing it.... Up in the loft now:eek: when my wife bought me the phantom, 1st thing she said was, make some space next to the helicopter cos that's where it will be after you've crashed it.

Proved her wrong:D:D

76 here.
Been flying RC for 60 years, including helicopters for 20 years.

Shouldn't you have an actual poll running?
Anyway, I'm 50, with about 3 years on quadcopters. 12 months on Phantoms.

63 yr old photographer 3 weeks in with a P3P. Learning to fly and shoot the wonderful craft side by side with my 90 yr old father who has been a talented Flight Simulator X nut for years. I built and flew control line quite seriously out of the PanAm maintenance hanger at Ton Son Nhat airport in Saigon. 1963-64, Before the war.

First RC for both of us (A Nano QX is crucial part of the flight school) and it is a perfect excuse to get out and have quality time together on top of all the other fun and photography benefits. With 2 of us flying we are absolutely dying for 2nd and 3rd batteries to starting to get shipped.

Reactions: GoodnNuff and snerd
Well us old farts have the money, all the toys and all the time to enjoy them. I'm 75 years young.

Now what you youngins got a :eek: mortgage, car payments, kids and a wife who :rolleyes: bitches all the time. :D Oh well as long as you have a job I'm guaranteed an SS check every third Wednesday of the month. :)

Reactions: bobmyers
57 here but most of the time I act like I'm in my roaring 20's
Bought my P2V+ in March 2015, so I'm still pretty new at this.
I fix industrial automated machines for a living. I have the nickname of MacGyver from other people in my industry.
This hobby is right up my alley. Making things, like my own gimbal saver and arm stripes and DJI logos. Doing the antenna mods - I love it! I don't know if I have more fun working on it and modifying, or flying it. I'm all into Dashware now too.
Going to my first family function with it tonight. A graduation party. My first night flight. I'll show these kids a thing or two. haha
****, I guess us old timers are long winded. haha lots of experience and lots to say haha

First quad Phantom 1.1.1 december 2013.
I use my Phantom 2 almost daily to fly around my farm - check on stock, security.
The P3 was purchased mainly because I wanted the lightbridge for better realtime clarity.
I am interested in introducing a thermal imaging camera for checking stock, pests and security checks.
Only two obstacles there, price of camera and getting CAA permission to fly at night- shouldn't be a problem.
Also I am hanging out for my UAV to be capable of measuring pasture, there a smart people adapting this science
for UAVs - apparently.
Being able to measure the pasture by drone would save me the good part of a day in walking and manually plate measuring every paddock.
Farmers need to know how much pasture( in kg of dry matter) they have at any one time so they can budget feed for different parts of the season.

Hi Guys I'm on me second phantom in about six months. I gave my Phantom 1.1.1. to my son when I bought a phantom 2. Hes spewing because I kept the diversity receiver and monitor for my self and he's saving to buy a GoPrro H3 so he cant afford a monitor. My previous chopper was a Huey in the 60's.
Johnbig
69 here movie producer

I'm 33 and feel older than some of you out there. I have been flying multirotors for less than a year, but been building and flying RC planes for over 20 years.

Hi, I am 74 yrs. young and started flying airplanes with my first lesson when I was 13. Had a wrecked J3 Piper Cub at 15 to rebuild in high school. Just sold my Cessna Cardinal last year and decided that my Phantom 3 would be my alternative to flying real airplanes after 60 years of enjoying flying the Alaska bush.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT