POLL: Average age of a Phantom flyer

61 years young here. Used to fly rc airplanes, but sucked at it. Crashed everything I ever built. Phantoms are easier to fly, and I love the videos and pictures you can get. You are limited only by your imagination.

About to turn 54...And counting.

I got turned onto photography when I started to look outward and upward into space over 20 years ago. I saw the beauty and mystery in the heavens and turned to astrophotography to capture it.

Later I discovered the beauty underwater and turned to taking pictures while snorkeling to capture this beauty.

And just last year I discovered new beauty. I found a place I missed for beauty was right here, on the ground. It took some aerial photos to show me this beauty I failed to see.

I've been hooked ever since!

I am 58 and about eighteen months ago I googled a local castle and came up with this YouTube clip done with a drone.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q20C66t7uak

I had never seen or heard of such a craft until this time and decided I would love to take advantage of the lovely part of Scotland that we live while also improving my photography skills.

My mother in law bought me a second hand Phantom 2 plus for Christmas and I don't think I have had so much fun with all my cloths on.

60 last month. It sure makes me feel better that us old farts blew away them young'uns. I really thought it would be the other way around. Just getting into this hobby and enjoying it. A friend of mine also has gotten into it, but we are starting to fly planes too.

I'm a 57 year old business executive, playing in rock bands and flying Phantoms. Flown everything from my first Cox Mustang in the 60's to 3D nitro heli's in the last decennia. Aircraft (real and RC) always have been a passion for me. With the Phantom(s) I just love the fact that I can take off and land from my balcony, fly to the nearby harbour, 2500feet away to check if my boat is still doing ok after the last storm. I always was a photographer, never cared much for video. It is the Phantom that made me discover the fun of taking video shots and editing into youtubeable clips.

Also 59 and counting ... in spirit downwards though [emoji6]
Was a glider pilot when a was realy young
Started with regular rc helocopter some years ago ... no succes.
Than switched to quadcopter Phantom fc40 and got hooked.
Recently upgraded to p2v+ v3 and having a blast.

I'm pushing 44 and been flying a P2V+ since last summer. Now adventuring into building a non-vision with modifications/gopro.

Working on these with my dad who is 82 (he calls me his "tech" guy) who's been flying R/C since the 60's. At latest count, he has over 70+ planes at his house. :shock:

Well, just reading these other posts, it looks like I'm the oldest codger on here (so far). I'll be sixty-five in a couple weeks and can't believe how much fun and excitement I'm having. This is a good poll, as I'm sure others like myself were interested in who's flying and how old they are. Only thing is, ...WHAT A MONEY PIT!!! :D

Just reading these other replies, it looks like I'm the oldest codger on here (so far). I'll be 65 in a couple weeks, and I can't remember when I've had so much fun and excitement. My career was in computers and I once went for a private pilot's license, but the FBO school was shut down due to pending legal issues, so I only got about five hours in the left seat.

I'm 23, making me the fourth youngest out of those who replied :D

35 here.

OK, looks like I'm the oldest codger on here, so far at least. I'll be 65 in a couple weeks and can't remember when I've had so much fun, ...legally that is.

guards said:
Guards I am 82 years old, I fly my phantom at least 3 to 4 times per week in the summer time I enjoy it very much, I used to fly model helicopters for years, also model planes, this suits me better now that I am older and have slower reactions

Up to now the oldest is 82 years old :D

M.Tigelaar said:
guards said:
Guards I am 82 years old, I fly my phantom at least 3 to 4 times per week in the summer time I enjoy it very much, I used to fly model helicopters for years, also model planes, this suits me better now that I am older and have slower reactions

Up to now the oldest is 82 years old :D
Not "slower in reaction" is key for us senior drone pilots, but being resourceful and patient makes us suitable drone pilots [emoji4]

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT