please take a look at a couple of newbie questions

Reaction score
This is my first post. Hello one and all!

Newbies questions.

I ordered my Vision 2 from B&H on Dec 11th. I haven't had time to learn how to use it till now. It does not have the external port on the Radio Controller.

1. Can I assume that I need to upgrade the firmware of both the RC and the Vision Copter before flying it?

2. Even after the upgrade, can we expect it to take 8 seconds to record each and every capture to the micro SD card???? that is a long time! I have no desire to shoot Jpegs.

I still have time to return this to B&H. I think I bought this too early. I sure hope the Mac RC assistant would come out very soon. Just have to go to the DJI Vision Support page twice a day till it does.

I am disappointed that there are so many hoops to jump through. I thought this was a turn-key, fly right out of the box solution. Oh well. Nothing too difficult to overcome, I hope.

lutece7 said:
This is my first post. Hello one and all!

Newbies questions.

I ordered my Vision 2 from B&H on Dec 11th. I haven't had time to learn how to use it till now. It does not have the external port on the Radio Controller.

1. Can I assume that I need to upgrade the firmware of both the RC and the Vision Copter before flying it?

2. Even after the upgrade, can we expect it to take 8 seconds to record each and every capture to the micro SD card???? that is a long time! I have no desire to shoot Jpegs.

I still have time to return this to B&H. I think I bought this too early. I sure hope the Mac RC assistant would come out very soon. Just have to go to the DJI Vision Support page twice a day till it does.

I am disappointed that there are so many hoops to jump through. I thought this was a turn-key, fly right out of the box solution. Oh well. Nothing too difficult to overcome, I hope.

Hello There!

I think the USB on the outside of the radio is a myth. I have yet to see one with the USB port out. Luckily there are not many frequent radio updates so I wouldn't worry about that.

I would suggest you do all software upgrades yes, that at least my advise. Also the MAC software is already out and works awesome, I use it all the time.

Hipe this helps.

You didn't buy to early. The majority of Phantom 2 Vision pilots fly without a problem and with great joy and satisfaction. Yes the Phantom is ready to fly in that the entire thing is prebuilt assembled and ready to go.

You could certainly fly it as is but as this is new flying machine and the bugs in the software are still being worked out you will need to stay on top of software updates. Thankfully software update is a pretty straight forward process and something you would need to do even if you built your own heli without the advantage of all the settings being preconfigured for your ease of use.

As of now the Mac software will upgrade the phantom only and not the transmitter. Your phantom is new enough that you may not have the upgraded transmitter firmware so until dji releases a Mac version you'll want to find someone with a windows pc to help you out. Or install windows on your Mac in a virtual machine.

No one yet has a transmitter with an external USB port tho updates to the controller are likely to be few and far in between versus the phantom itself. Also I've only heard of the Phantom 2 (non vision) having a transmitter with external usb.

Enjoy your flying and be sure to read the top 3 threads in the forum and of course read through the downloadable user manual and watch all videos.

No one yet has a transmitter with an external USB port tho updates to the controller are likely to be few and far in between versus the phantom itself. Also I've only heard of the Phantom 2 (non vision) having a transmitter with external usb.

Not exactly correct Ben.
I have asked the same question before, so please take a look here:

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=5572

I know it's from a Phantom2 not a Vison, but it's still the same controller.

Klaus said:

Not exactly correct Ben.
I have asked the same question before, so please take a look here:

http://www.phantompilots.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=5572

I know it's from a Phantom2 not a Vison, but it's still the same controller.

Nope it is not the same controller. The Phantom 2 uses 2.4 ghz the Phantom 2 Vision uses 5.8ghz for control. And I did say no one who has bought a Phantom 2 Vision, my emphasis being on "vision" has yet to receive one with an externally mounted USB port. So with that said I was correct in my initial reply. Thanks for the input tho regardless.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl