Reaction score
Hi all,

I purchased a Phantom 3 advanced in January of this year and have yet to fly it. I bought it directly from DJI, yet never get responses to support requests.

I can't even get the motors to run. I'm getting so frustrated with this thing because it was expensive and I see people enjoying them all the time, but literally have followed every instruction I have found and cannot get it to do anything.

What can I do, what should I check? How can I get help with this?

Did you activate your Phantom in DJI GO?

If so, how did you attempt to start the motors? What happened when you tried that?

Try starting according to this sequence:
With everything turned off and the controller cable NOT yet plugged into your your iPhone or tablet or Android or whatever you use: 1) turn on controller; 2) turn on battery; 3) then plug cable from controller into your iPhone or tablet or Android or whatever you use; 4) turn on your iPhone or tablet or Android or whatever you use; 5) click on the GO app; 6) be sure you are getting blinking green lights on the Phantom, and at least 7 satellites. Then you should be able to take off normally and fly. At least this is what I have to do to fly my P3P. It just won't work any other way.

Try starting according to this sequence:
With everything turned off and the controller cable NOT yet plugged into your your iPhone or tablet or Android or whatever you use: 1) turn on controller; 2) turn on battery; 3) then plug cable from controller into your iPhone or tablet or Android or whatever you use; 4) turn on your iPhone or tablet or Android or whatever you use; 5) click on the GO app; 6) be sure you are getting blinking green lights on the Phantom, and at least 7 satellites. Then you should be able to take off normally and fly. At least this is what I have to do to fly my P3P. It just won't work any other way.

I have tried this and got the proper number of blinks - but I will try again in the sequence you mentioned and report back

Did you activate your Phantom in DJI GO?

If so, how did you attempt to start the motors? What happened when you tried that?
I basically went through the process to charge the batteries, connect it to the app and everything says ready but nothing works.

Going to try again this evening in the sequence the other response mentioned and will report back.

You still haven't answered the question about registering. In the go app, you need to go to the DJI site and complete the registration before the motors will start. That also, I believe, activates your warranty. Nothing else will work until you do!!

Reactions: scooot
I basically went through the process to charge the batteries, connect it to the app and everything says ready but nothing works.

Going to try again this evening in the sequence the other response mentioned and will report back.
You'll still need to activate your Phantom (like in the video I linked above) before trying that sequence.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl