Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Please help tweak my finished video (Slight Judder) via iMovie

Discussion in 'Photos and Video' started by KRT65, Oct 13, 2016.

1. KRT65

Hi there - I was wondering is someone can take a quick look at my video and watch for slight judder and help me figure out what is causing it. I'm filming in 1080P, with no filters, and the frame rate / ETC set at factory settings. Using a 2016 iMac OS Sierra. If you notice some parts of the video are smooth, while others have a slight judder. Maybe I need to set the frame rate on the drone / iMovie to help with this? Thanks for any help!

2. Helihover

Two things noticed...

1- No filters and stock settings in the sun will result in too high of a shutter speed. Try and get the shutter @ 2x the FPS with the use of filters. If you shoot @ 24 fps, you want your shutter around 1/50 of a second.

2- Looks like some of the clips are sped up? Speeding up clips will sometimes exaggerate the micro movements, giving the video a gittering look...

Hope that helps!

3. KRT65

Helihover - You are correct! I did modify the speeds in some clips. I also reversed direction is a few of the clips that exhibit judder. I love having that flexibility to do that, but do not like the results. I'm willing to upgrade to final cut pro if that would fix these issues?

I do have a ND-16 ? filter, but have not tried it yet. I'm going to try and shoot another vid with the filter and use your settings and I will again change the speed and direction so I can compare apples to apples - Once done I will post the vid here. Thanks for the response!

4. Helihover

No prob! Your software is definitely not your problem:). You can view my YT videos by clicking the link in my sig and see some pretty good stuff all edited on an iPad!