Please help! Problem with photos!!!

Reaction score
Hi all, this is my first time using any forum so I'm really sorry if this question goes to the wrong place.
Anyways, I have a problem with my new phantom 4 pro. Every time I try to take RAW photos, when I import the image onto my macbook pro, its not available or something. All that shows for that image is an error sign... The one with the exclamation mark and triangle.
When I switch the photo mode back to JPEG everything works fine and I can view the images normally... I don't understand why. Its not a problem with my computer because I can view RAW photos from my other cameras just fine.
Has anyone else experienced this problem? If so, any guidance would be appreciated.

Not sure, but perhaps the raw photos are 4K and your computer is not equipped to handle 4K resolution?

There are a zillian RAW formats, they are not all the same, it varies from camera to camera. I think DJI outputs DNG or something like that. Is your comp a Mac?

RAW file formats differ and can be tricky when it comes to viewing. Make sure your MacBook's OS is updated. You might also need to download a codec that recognizes DJI's DNG format.

I'm a Windows user myself, so my knowledge of Mac apps is limited. You might be able to find some helpful info in this thread: How do you Preview DNG shots on Mac?

Hi all, this is my first time using any forum so I'm really sorry if this question goes to the wrong place.
Anyways, I have a problem with my new phantom 4 pro. Every time I try to take RAW photos, when I import the image onto my macbook pro, its not available or something. All that shows for that image is an error sign... The one with the exclamation mark and triangle.
When I switch the photo mode back to JPEG everything works fine and I can view the images normally... I don't understand why. Its not a problem with my computer because I can view RAW photos from my other cameras just fine.
Has anyone else experienced this problem? If so, any guidance would be appreciated.

Ok, I'll try a bit guesswork: in Digital camera RAW formats supported by iOS 10 and macOS Sierra, You can find the system-level RAW support for different cameras in Mac OS Sierra.
As You, perhaps, know, a RAW image isn't image by istelf - it becomes visual only via interpretation /development via some piece of software. The in-operating system interpretator isn't the best one by far - there ar better software for that (RAW by itself isn't an industry file format standard - it differs from one camera model to another even for the same brand. A.e., for my Sony camera I prefer PhaseOne Capture One Pro. Adobe DNG is an effort to standartize RAW formats, but not all camera manufacturers supporting dng (they prefer propertary formats). OK, to keep short -try Adobe - Adobe Camera Raw and DNG Converter : For Macintosh : Adobe DNG Converter 9.7. Maybe, after you install Adobe camera raw (its free) You'll get your images. (I can't check out, because I have P3A, not P4, and I have plenty of raw - related software on my MBP (Capture One, full Adobe CC Suite, now-retired Aperture etc)

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan