Phantom3 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I have been reading this forum for some time, and have learned a great deal, and I thank all those who contribute. I have downloaded and read the Vision+ manual, start up guides, and have downloaded and read the tips and guide someone so graciously combined for all newbies...I can't offer any advice or feedback, so i wanted to contribute what little I had...I am attaching an email I received from DJI re: the possible release of a new product before Xmas. They don't deny a new Phantom3 is coming..they just won't say when. So..FWIW.....

Oct 21 16:38

Dear Customer,
Thank you for contacting DJI online store
We can understand that you want to know when Phantom 3 will be released. But as the pre-sales, we have no idea when it will be launched at the moment
Sorry for the inconvenience and hope you can kindly understand it. Thank you

Wish you have a great day
DJI

Their response doesn't surprise me at all. I am certain there is a Phantom 3 or some sort of new model in the works, but few companies will announce that until it is near the launch date. If they did, everyone would stop buying and wait for the new model! ;)

Given how much anger DJI provoked in the customer base with the release of the Vision+ a few months after the P2 Vision --- they better have some compelling features to make it worthwhile to upgrade to a Phantom 3.

For me, it would take a 4K camera, less lens distortion, bigger battery capable of true 25-30 min. flights, and perhaps even 1080p live preview in the Vision app (ie, Lightbridge) for me to want to sell my Vision+ and buy it.

POI circling and removing the distance restriction in Ground Station would also be nice perks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl