Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Phantom on Craigslist $200

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Audaciter, Jul 2, 2013.

1. Audaciter

2. BruceTS

wonder if it was one someone lost, the person who found it is now selling it.......

3. Sac D

Yeah, makes you wonder what the deal is. Were there any pics included?

4. FrankB

Everyone should write down their Phantom serial number. Also, make sure your name and phone number is prominently displayed on the outside of the Phantom.

I think I'll also see if I can stick some sort of I.D. in the battery compartment.

5. Audaciter

As far as I.D for your Phantom, I go to the local Pet store, and have a couple tags laser engraved, with Name, address, phone #.
    It turns out so nice. (It doesn't have to be shaped like a dog bone)

It would be really nice if there was a method where registering your phantom's serial # of components to you, and if lost
    or stolen, a trace could be run if someone connected to Naza Assistant. It's something DJI could implement , but
    might be a nightmare, if people don't update when selling, or if destroyed.

cfd701 likes this.
  6. BruceTS

Only ID the Police will trust is your drivers License number, at least that's what they ask you to do to insure you get it back, if recovered.

another thought, wonder if it's the same one that guy posted that had all the guts switched out of......

7. martcerv

Id love to have seen how that one was advertised, but as it has no transmitter it seems more likely someone found it and is selling it. If there is no id and you did lose control of it you really cant expect anything else. Somoene that finds a random phantom with no name or number cant really do much with it, selling it is a bit of a low act but they cant really just return it to anyone.

8. Audaciter

Oh, it's easy enough to replace the radio system, giving you a fully functional Phantom.

9. fastskis

My Phantom 4 was stolen in early May of this year. I wonder if it's mne. They only stole my drone and not the controller.
    The serial number on my stolen phantom 4 is

10. fastskis

The serial number of my stolen P4 is 07DDD410B10205. If anyone has any information, please email me at rterfehr@aol.com and put STOLEN drone in the subject field.

Thanks