Phantom Mod Value and IMU , compass calibration?

Reaction score
****Note*** the second set of flashing after the green flashing is "RED" It looks a little yellow in the video but the three flashes are red. See YouTube video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4N7beLEs1aQ&feature=youtu.be

Since I first purchased my Phantom I have had a lot of problems with drift and such. When I first purchase I could not connect to the assistant and had to purchase a new LED unit as the original was faulty right out of the box.

Can someone help figure this problem out that I am having currently please. I tend to have drift issues still with this unit. As you can see my mod value is quite low ( 170 ) as I understand MOD value Ideally should be around 1500-1800 according to the compass calibration video from DJI.

I do not get the long "Red" "Yellow" flashes that would indicate a compass error. I am curently in Mexico on the fifth floor of a condominium and when I power up the phantom I get the flashing that you see in the video. I get 2 x fast green, green, then Red, Red, Red. If I am outside and do my compass calibration I get the same thing if I am in GPS mode. If in ATI mode the green 2x flash is replaced by a quick two yellow flash.

I am actually able to fly it not to bad although there seems to be drift issues. Again as you can see once i hook up to Assistant software my MOD value is very low. I have tried in the past to use a magnet to bring up the value but without any luck.

Any tips as to what I might try next or as to what the LED indicators are telling me? and why the IMU assistant does not see a reason to re-calibrate with such a low MOD value?

Couple of things...the two greens with three reds is common...it's because you are not hooked up to any satelites because you are inside....mine ALWAYS starts out that way....2 greens, then 3 reds, then 2 greens and 2 reds and then 2 greens and one red (this happens as it finds and locks onto various satelites) and finally all greens......take it outside and fire it up and give it time (at least two minutes to locate the satelites). As to your low mod numbers.....I would hook it back up to the Naza asst. and once it's connected take a good size magnet to it(inch or two in diameter)......you will see the numbers go up in the thousands like 6000....you want to settle down around 1600-1900 keep waving it back and forth and reposition the phantom as you do this....then you will be able to do the compass dance which will then bring your numbers where they need to be. Also do not forget to do both the basic calibration and advance calibration on the tab where you check the IMU. Tell me if this works. PS i wouldn't upgrade the firmware...but your choice..if you have already no big deal

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl