Phantom flying in HAWAII

Will do for sure. Now that weather is improving and my drone is back from electronics repair, I'm finally getting some practice. If you ever get to Wy, Montana and Utah, brings yours, you wont regret.

You ever go to the outskirts of arches national park. I know you cannot fly in a national Park but I was thinking maybe along the edges there would still be cool rock formations everywhere?

You ever go to the outskirts of arches national park. I know you cannot fly in a national Park but I was thinking maybe along the edges there would still be cool rock formations everywhere?
I've never been there with the drone, but bet it's awesome. Flew the other day legally along Devils Tower, Wy. outside of Park Property.

What cameras did you use, other than the drone?

Turned out great. I'm still using an iPhone 6. I doubt any videos or pictures from it would look good mixed with my 4k drone videos, even if it were stabilized with an Osmo. Guessing your phone shoots in 4k and is waterproof. Beautiful compilation.

You would be surprised. My video is all in1080p. The osmo gives you that stable on a tripod look. Highly recommend. Here is my second video ever shot all with the P4P in Wy, Utah and S Dakota last week. Trying to get as much practice as possible before Hawaii.

Turned out great. I'm still using an iPhone 6. I doubt any videos or pictures from it would look good mixed with my 4k drone videos, even if it were stabilized with an Osmo. Guessing your phone shoots in 4k and is waterproof. Beautiful compilation.

Awesome footage!! Going to Maui and the Big island in June. Any recommendation, Problems other than being careful of the airports?

I found that on maui wind is a big problem. I was there for a week earlier this month and every day after 9:30am it was a constant wind of 8-10m/s with gusts of 15m/s so get up early and fly when its calmer to avoid that. I don't know if that's just typical spring weather or if summer will be a different story though.

I found that on maui wind is a big problem. I was there for a week earlier this month and every day after 9:30am it was a constant wind of 8-10m/s with gusts of 15m/s so get up early and fly when its calmer to avoid that. I don't know if that's just typical spring weather or if summer will be a different story though.
Any good spots you found to fly? Looking for some large waterfalls.

Any good spots you found to fly? Looking for some large waterfalls.

Yeah I found a lot [On Maui]! The twin falls hike is really beautiful. Its a 5 minute walk from the road to the first waterfall. Its a waterfall that you can jump off and into a lagoon. The second waterfall is a 10 minute walk past that. Its a massive pool of water with a huge 100ft waterfall. Not deep and not a powerful water flow but more calm though.
IagNMnr.png

The second location is actually the highlight of my trip. There are some massive channels in the earth on Maui.
oTXoLyR.png

Thirdly there is a popular road on Maui dubbed "The road to Hana". It is a windy switchback road with 1-lane bridges in every km. Tedious to get to but it takes you right next to the ocean with a massive cliff and then you have a lush jungle on the other side of the road. I think it would be great for filming or even just to enjoy the ride. Keep in mind though this is an all-day thing as it takes forever to get through the road to hana.
0Q6D3lP.png

Lastly there are the Beaches. Black rock beach/Kaanapali Beach was amazing. Me and my family won't go anywhere else. Granted it is hard to get to the beach itself because there is no parking as all the resorts have bought the land in front of the beach but Whalers Village has a massive parking-lot that you can use IF you are a paying customer. Basically go into the parking lot, get your parking ticket, send your family to the beach while you go to a store and spend $10 or more to get the ticket validated and boom you are set, then just give the ticket to the guy at the gate when you leave.
a9iVutd.png

Also if you wanted to see my footage here ya go. Opening scene is Blackrock and Closing scenes are the massive channels I mentioned. Didn't get footage from the other places I mentioned because I forgot my drone at the apartment on a couple days. Oops aha.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-04-17 at 11.12.04 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-04-17 at 11.12.04 AM.png
    631.6 KB · Views: 209
Yeah I found a lot [On Maui]! The twin falls hike is really beautiful. Its a 5 minute walk from the road to the first waterfall. Its a waterfall that you can jump off and into a lagoon. The second waterfall is a 10 minute walk past that. Its a massive pool of water with a huge 100ft waterfall. Not deep and not a powerful water flow but more calm though.
IagNMnr.png

The second location is actually the highlight of my trip. There are some massive channels in the earth on Maui.
oTXoLyR.png

Thirdly there is a popular road on Maui dubbed "The road to Hana". It is a windy switchback road with 1-lane bridges in every km. Tedious to get to but it takes you right next to the ocean with a massive cliff and then you have a lush jungle on the other side of the road. I think it would be great for filming or even just to enjoy the ride. Keep in mind though this is an all-day thing as it takes forever to get through the road to hana.
0Q6D3lP.png

Lastly there are the Beaches. Black rock beach/Kaanapali Beach was amazing. Me and my family won't go anywhere else. Granted it is hard to get to the beach itself because there is no parking as all the resorts have bought the land in front of the beach but Whalers Village has a massive parking-lot that you can use IF you are a paying customer. Basically go into the parking lot, get your parking ticket, send your family to the beach while you go to a store and spend $10 or more to get the ticket validated and boom you are set, then just give the ticket to the guy at the gate when you leave.
a9iVutd.png

Also if you wanted to see my footage here ya go. Opening scene is Blackrock and Closing scenes are the massive channels I mentioned. Didn't get footage from the other places I mentioned because I forgot my drone at the apartment on a couple days. Oops aha.
Awesome Footage. Thank you for all the tips. Can't wait to get there. I'll have to share when I get back.

Reactions: DatScreamer
IagNMnr.png

oTXoLyR.png

0Q6D3lP.png

a9iVutd.png

Outstanding!!

Reactions: DatScreamer
You would be surprised. My video is all in1080p. The osmo gives you that stable on a tripod look. Highly recommend. Here is my second video ever shot all with the P4P in Wy, Utah and S Dakota last week. Trying to get as much practice as possible before Hawaii.
Love that vid

Reactions: rlphoto69

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dlr11164