Phantom flying in HAWAII

Awesome footage!! Going to Maui and the Big island in June. Any recommendation, Problems other than being careful of the airports?

Glad you enjoyed. Haven't visited Maui yet but I have property on the Big Island and go there frequently. Never an issue flying that I've encountered.. it's drone paradise.

What are your plans while on the Big Island, I can give you a few "must do" things if you would like

Glad you enjoyed. Haven't visited Maui yet but I have property on the Big Island and go there frequently. Never an issue flying that I've encountered.. it's drone paradise.

What are your plans while on the Big Island, I can give you a few "must do" things if you would like
Indeed your video was awesome. Going to Maui June 1st and photographing my friend's wedding mostly still photography but would like to incorporate a little Drone footage as well. Looking for good places to fly on on both Maui and the Big Island. I would absolutely love to get near the lava flow areas on the big island but from what I am reading most of that is National Park if I am correct and is illegal. Any recommendations you can give I would absolutely appreciate very much on either Island I am really looking forward to my trip. If you have any more videos I would enjoy seeing them.

Reactions: Mholz
I am headed to the Big Island later this year as well (looking forward to it is an understatement) and would be very interested in some recommended spots to fly / video as well.

Indeed your video was awesome. Going to Maui June 1st and photographing my friend's wedding mostly still photography but would like to incorporate a little Drone footage as well. Looking for good places to fly on on both Maui and the Big Island. I would absolutely love to get near the lava flow areas on the big island but from what I am reading most of that is National Park if I am correct and is illegal. Any recommendations you can give I would absolutely appreciate very much on either Island I am really looking forward to my trip. If you have any more videos I would enjoy seeing them.

Lava is tough, yes national park so you can't "take off" within its limits wink wink. If the lava flow is close to the perimeter you are golden. I'm not familiar with Maui but here is a list of incredible Big Island spots

Green sand beach
South point
Waipio Valley
Saddle road
Any beach literally.
Observatories top of Mauna Kea

I have a few Hawaii videos on my YouTube page check them out. If you see a location you were interested in knowing where it sat let me know

I am headed to the Big Island later this year as well (looking forward to it is an understatement) and would be very interested in some recommended spots to fly / video as well.

My favorite spot on the planet. Here are some key locations NOT to be missed

Green sand beach
South point
Waipio Valley
Saddle road
Any beach literally.

I have a few Hawaii videos on my YouTube page check them out. If you see a location you were interested in knowing where it sat let me know

Lava is tough, yes national park so you can't "take off" within its limits wink wink. If the lava flow is close to the perimeter you are golden. I'm not familiar with Maui but here is a list of incredible Big Island spots

Green sand beach
South point
Waipio Valley
Saddle road
Any beach literally.

Thanks so much. Will definitely check them out. Sure appreciate this site. Everyone is great on here to help out.

Thanks so much. Will definitely check them out. Sure appreciate this site. Everyone is great on here to help out.

Don't forget to post your footage can't wait to see what you capture, already missing the aloha lifestyle

Yes - love this site. When you heading the Hawaii ? First time there ?
Heading to Hawaii June 1st to shoot my friends wedding. Going to add a little drone footage as well I hope. Just got back from Utah and Wyoming trip with some stunning footage hoping to post soon.

Heading to Hawaii June 1st to shoot my friends wedding. Going to add a little drone footage as well I hope. Just got back from Utah and Wyoming trip with some stunning footage hoping to post soon.

Fantastic ! Enjoy can't wait to see the footage

Here is the second video I ever made just today after a trip I took through Wyoming and Utah this past week. I'm somewhat of a rookie but I'm having a lot of fun.

You got some great shots !! What a great location to fly. It's meant for a phantom !!

Reactions: rlphoto69
I'm pumped and can't wait to get there. Maui for the wedding and then new friends will be my tour guides on the big island. Should be some great flying.

I'm pumped and can't wait to get there. Maui for the wedding and then new friends will be my tour guides on the big island. Should be some great flying.

So sick ! Never been to Maui but hear the "road to Hana " is epic. Big Island is littered with stuff to shoot. Do me a solid and post a link here or to me directly so I can see what you got !!

So sick ! Never been to Maui but hear the "road to Hana " is epic. Big Island is littered with stuff to shoot. Do me a solid and post a link here or to me directly so I can see what you got !!
Will do for sure. Now that weather is improving and my drone is back from electronics repair, I'm finally getting some practice. If you ever get to Wy, Montana and Utah, brings yours, you wont regret.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj