Phantom battery case problems

Reaction score
I'm a newbie and my biggest complaint is the battery case - I have difficulties grabbing the connector. Today I found a lose red/gray wire - is that a problem? The unit flies fine even with the lose wire. Any suggestions on the case or lose wire?

Can you post a picture of the wire? Is it really thin gauge, and clean-sheared at the end? Chances are you've pulled out the aux power connector that is supposed to rest at the bottom of one of the grommets under each leg of the landing gear. It connects very close to where the battery does and is there to provide you with additional 11.1v power for optional accessories. Having it exposed doesn't do anything one way or the other, but you do want to tuck it out of the way.

ElGuano said:
Can you post a picture of the wire? Is it really thin gauge, and clean-sheared at the end? Chances are you've pulled out the aux power connector that is supposed to rest at the bottom of one of the grommets under each leg of the landing gear. It connects very close to where the battery does and is there to provide you with additional 11.1v power for optional accessories. Having it exposed doesn't do anything one way or the other, but you do want to tuck it out of the way.

+1

If its a red /grey wire it's the AUX power wire. Interesting as later models have dropped that . . . Could you post a pic of you phantom and the underside?

Thanks for all the help - good news I guess. Here is the picture of the lose wire and bottom side of Phantom.

Kevin

Attachments

• lose wire.jpg
    lose wire.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 298
  • phantom bottom.jpg
    phantom bottom.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 299
kearley said:
Thanks for all the help - good news I guess. Here is the picture of the lose wire and bottom side of Phantom.

Kevin

Yep, that's just the aux power cable, it's not connected to anything and is supposed to be peeking out from under your landing gear like this:

FqkzLBO.jpg

Feel free to ignore it, just tuck it out of the way so you don't snag or break it when you insert/remove your battery.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl