Phantom 5!!!

Send us the link to the information.

Reactions: Suhail78
I'm not buying the increased range part in the rumored P5. To fly out of sight goes against the FAA rules. If anything, I expect the P5 to have some restricted distance it will operate in. Might lock the ceiling to 400 feet and distance to 1,000 feet or maybe even less like Yuneec with their H which restricts distance radius to 300 feet from operator as well as the 400 foot height.

imagesafety108-02552bc4.png

More NFZ too with increased geo-fencing by demands of some cities.

Last edited:
I'm not buying the increased range part in the rumored P5. To fly out of sight goes against the FAA rules. If anything, I expect the P5 to have some restricted distance it will operate in. Might lock the ceiling to 400 feet and distance to 1,000 feet or maybe even less like Yuneec with their H which restricts distance radius to 300 feet from operator as well as the 400 foot height.

Those features can be implemented 'easily' with simple software/firmware. One would not need a new piece of hardware for such features. I would be more interested in the 'hardware' upgrades coming with the P5.

Pure speculation. They haven't even made a working P4P+ yet. Nor are they going to charge $2200-2500 when an I2 can be had for not much more. Increased range is also ridiculous, as the current range is already FAR beyond legal or anyone's needs for a multirotor drone. This guy needs to speculate better.

Word on the net that the Phantom 5 will be out April 15th. It will have a bunch of new features. So around 2200-2500, it should be great!
P5 gezz i havent finnish conqueing p4,,if it does come i"ll buy one ,,wonder if this one got the same extras,,,bugs glitches,,disconections,,:),etc

Reactions: Bush Dog
LOL You joined on here 2 months ago and have become an "expert"

Watch and see how the P5 rolls out. If my searching the "net" info is wrong, come over and I will buy you a drink or 2. But if my search proves to be correct, a bottle of Woodford Reserve would be your gift to me:)

Have a great day.

I've been flying RC long prior to DJI's existence. My join date here means nothing. The P4P was already a large step forward from the P4 and the P4P+ still doesn't work. A P5 is coming, of course, but if DJI is smart it'll be a P4P with more software features and more working software features. Stuff like unusable range isn't going to sell units.

Reactions: andy_k
I've been flying RC long prior to DJI's existence. My join date here means nothing. The P4P was already a large step forward from the P4 and the P4P+ still doesn't work. A P5 is coming, of course, but if DJI is smart it'll be a P4P with more software features and more working software features. Stuff like unusable range isn't going to sell units.

With that, I agree with you 110%!! I guess companies like DJI and Apple stay in business, reason being the majority of the population live and feed on new technology. My iPhone is new every year. My Phantoms every 6 months. And the list goes on.

Just wished I could upgrade my body like my iPhone and Phantom that quickly:)

You say that as if the U.S. is the only country in which DJI sells its drones. There are plenty of places that don't require line of sight.

And the 400-foot limit isn't set in stone. It's legal to fly 400 feet above a structure, for example. When shooting video of a building here in town it was legal for me to fly over 1,000 feet. It was also legal for me to set the height to 700 feet when I recently flew over a state park nearby because I took off from a very low point and immediately flew over hills that are 300 feet high.

Last edited:
Reactions: umneycreep
You say that as if the U.S. is the only country in which DJI sells its drones. There are plenty of places that don't require line of sight.

And the 400-foot limit isn't set in stone. It's legal to fly 400 feet above a structure, for example. When shooting video of a building here in town it was legal for me to fly over 1,000 feet. It as also legal for me to set the height to 700 feet when I recently flew over a state park nearby because I took off from a very low point and immediately flew over hills that are 300 feet high.
Yip similar here i live with tall surrounding hills ,been instucted by CAA not to fly above hill tops which some are 850 900ft high so already confused cause of the 400 limit,thats rule 101 no higher than 400ft,,,:(i do go above limit but careful now

Nothing specific mentioned there, just better this, better that. I am guessing they have no more information than we do. The leaks for DJI product usually come from Chinese sites and are typically first found about a month or two before the official announcement. A P5 may happen in Fall but I doubt it would be any sooner.

Reactions: John Locke

HaHaHa.... They didnt have to restrict the flight radius. I wouldnt fly mine even close to out of sight... because i didnt trust it.

Reactions: AyeYo

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl