Phantom 4 stress crack

Seems like bad molding where the plastic cooled off before time.

That is false. My p4 developed stress cracks on both rear arms. I sent it do dji and got a brand new one back.

Things change all the time. It is what is published on their FAQ or similar page. Glad you got yours fixed but we all know that most of this is a case by case situation.

Reactions: jogforfitness
I didn't notice the 'lines' at the end if the arms before. Hoping they too are mold marks. Mold marks also circled before the light/closer to the body on the front 2 arms. The surface still feels smooth over it. Anyone else see these at the end of the arms?
13ad0c5ac0cb4ba252c58e9625d42f76.jpg
143c0f3c2d01a4069112f1650edffb57.jpg

And the fact you can light penetrates the 'mold mark' so clearly makes me wonder if it will lead to issues down the road.

992043400570686eed93d1e0ed35ceb8.jpg
26ee323c51990af1e4ba392697bc1854.jpg

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Appears to look like a mold line. However if you examine other parts under light the painting of the chassis isn't too great. Probably where there is less paint or something you can see paint runs in chassis if you look carefully.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have 2mil Ft traveled on mine and just went over again and is fine, I'll be doing a comprehensive cleaning to it later and I'm gonna check even closer, fly in sport prolly 50% of the time.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Things change all the time. It is what is published on their FAQ or similar page. Glad you got yours fixed but we all know that most of this is a case by case situation.

Yeah I just can't imagine them not covering it tho unless it's obvious there was a crash. In my case there was no crash just cracks

Has anyone furnished DJI support with photos of these and got their opinion?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I submitted the same pictures to the DJI forum. I asked if there was a greater chance of a problem with these "gaps", if they are gaps. Someone by the name of 'DJI Paladin' replied saying "They are not cracks and won't increase that chance. Don't worry." Hopefully they knew what they were taking about. My optimistic takeaway was they were knowledgable.

P4 is this a crack?

I submitted the same pictures to the DJI forum. I asked if there was a greater chance of a problem with these "gaps", if they are gaps. Someone by the name of 'DJI Paladin' replied saying "They are not cracks and won't increase that chance. Don't worry." Hopefully they knew what they were taking about. My optimistic takeaway was they were knowledgable.

P4 is this a crack?

That's does not look like a crack. The one I had and others I've seen the cracks run the other direction just behind the LEDs. It's rather obvious and u will know when it's cracked.

Today there are posts to a thread about a product someone has designed that will allow the phantom to float. It looks very ingenious but this thread makes me wonder if it would be unwise to add any additional weight.

Insurance pays for this starting at 50, no sooner unless prescribed by a doctor with supporting evidence. It's cost prohibitive if you want it before that time. Then every 10yrs after that you can get one, sometimes sooner depending on the results of the first procedure.

Sorry for the high-jack.
Cost prohibitive? I just did the full monty, proceedure, reports, Dr consult, videos, ohotos etc. TOTAL cost $75 (this is not my co-pay but the total cost of everything.)

Cost prohibitive? I just did the full monty, proceedure, reports, Dr consult, videos, ohotos etc. TOTAL cost $75 (this is not my co-pay but the total cost of everything.)

There's always the one thing that determines the rule. It's pretty well understood he was talking in general, but I will say as a 46yr old, I'm glad the cost isn't astronomical.

There's always the one thing that determines the rule. It's pretty well understood he was talking in general, but I will say as a 46yr old, I'm glad the cost isn't astronomical.

In the USA a standard colonoscopy is $10,000. Just saying

In the USA a standard colonoscopy is $10,000. Just saying

Wow, I've got a kinked lower Intestine, been there done all that, I've been humbled more times then I'd like to admit, and at least once was the highest I'd ever been in my life, but was in a lot of pain before procedure and still awake when they were ready, alert, sitting up, doc complained to nurse, and I don't remember being humbled that time lol. My pain was taken care of for hours too!

I noticed was cracks on my phantom 4 today. The front arms . I ran across this video and I'm trying it out . Let me know what you guys think.

It's really hard to see because the shell is glossy. I check my airframe after every flight and I noticed this mark after my latest flight. It's the front right arm.

My P4 has 19 hours 10 minutes flight time. 990,047 feet. 89 flights.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 476
It's really hard to see because the shell is glossy. I check my airframe after every flight and I noticed this mark after my latest flight. It's the front right arm.

Looks suspect. Mine has far less mileage and nothing that looks like that. So it doesn't appear to be a casting mark or the like.

Here is a link to a question I had posted on the DJI site. P4 is this a crack?

I couldn't get a good look at your picture to see the concern. Try shining a flashlight under the arm like I did to get a potentially clearer view.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnndyManuka