Phantom 4 Pro V2 is now RID compliant

So AeroScope is new? What was it before? Wasn't sure if I actually got the update or not. Only basing it on the Go4 version and the firmware version. All seems loaded/updated and working other that how do you know RID is working? I used that app to see and I see nothing. Now what? Am I missing something?

Last edited:
So AeroScope is new? What was it before? Wasn't sure if I actually got the update or not. Only basing it on the Go4 version and the firmware version. All seems loaded/updated and working other that how do you know RID is working? I used that app to see and I see nothing. Now what? Am I missing something?
I have already uploaded to all my screens, so I can't see what it used to say, but it was something along the kind of "Remote ID access" or something. This "Aeroscope" is new. Again, I can't get a signal on a drone scanner either. Are yo and I the only ones who are trying this? I would think there are thousands out there tryng to get this done right now.

You would think. We must be missing something or it does not work. We'll have to wait and see if others chime in. I'm stumped.

A new firmware update was just released to add RID support to the Phantom 4 Pro. See more details in the release notes here.
Does this also render DroneDeploy useless ? It’s been said it rendered all third party mapping apps worthless for the M2P. Even went on to say DJI’s response was “get an enterprise unit! M2P wasn’t made for mapping”
😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂

Does this also render DroneDeploy useless ?
It would be best to check with DroneDeploy support since DJI made no mention in the release notes.

Reactions: Tech
It would be best to check with DroneDeploy support since DJI made no mention in the release notes.
Will just test for myself. If true, I’ll definitely be rolling back! -$$$ I have a DD mission tomorrow so I’ll check then.

Last edited:
What is M2P and Drone Deploy? Does this have anything to do with my issue?
Mavic 2 Pro
Dronedeploy mapping software
You would think. We must be missing something or it does not work. We'll have to wait and see if others chime in. I'm stumped.
You can’t always rely on RID apps for confirmation. Most require a certain app/phone/tablet combination to recognize the module broadcast

So how can I test that RID is working on my drone? I don't want to find out the hard way.

Drone is registered. Have to add that its RID compliant. But don't want to do that until I know its really working.

Drone is registered. Have to add that it’s RID compliant. But don't want to do that until I know it’s really working.
Drone is registered. Have to add that its RID compliant. But don't want to do that until I know its really working.
need for someone to chime in with what combo app to phone or tablet work for the specific devices used from what I’ve researched

At this point, I feel everything is updated and working. Just need to confirm.

At this point, I feel everything is updated and working. Just need to confirm.
The way I see it, if you installed the update and registered with FAA then it isn’t on you. It’s on D-J-I if there’s a glitch. Might be wrong but haven’t read anywhere that the drone owner has to verify the OEM firmware/module is actually broadcasting…

I feel that I am not responsible at that point either, but I would like to know if its working. Can't believe there are not others experiencing the same issue. Has to be alot of people waiting for this firmware update.

I feel that I am not responsible at that point either, but I would like to know if its working. Can't believe there are not others experiencing the same issue. Has to be alot of people waiting for this firmware update.
Not sure if it works the same but my Air 3 with factory RID constantly give visual and audible notifications of Aircraft when nearby. Have no clue if this firmware is supposed to add that feature but it is pretty neat. Does it mean my Air 3 is broadcasting, no clue…

I'm really confused about all this. My DJI Go 4 app on my DJI controller is updated. As mentioned before it now has an AeroScope drop down to set up. I just did a Google search about AeroScope and it says that DJI discontinued this. Why is it on my Go 4 app now then? Nothing in the Go 4 app says anything about RID. Only the AeroScope section appears new. Wish there were some better directions for this. I really question if this firmware is right.

Now I am frustrated. Posted this problem and my experience on the DJI forum yesterday. Today the post is gone. Guess I'm going to have to contact DJI Customer Support to hopefully get some answers. I can't believe others have not chimed in.

A new firmware update was just released to add RID support to the Phantom 4 Pro. See more details in the release notes here.
I am confused with this statement in the PDF "DO NOT update to this firmware version if the GS Pro app is being used with the aircraft. Otherwise, the aircraft cannot be used." I have GS Pro installed on my tablet but rarely use it. Do I simply delete the GS Pro app and never use it? Thanks.

That is exactly what I have found. On the Go 4 app it states that Aeroscope is the license RID application provider and that is different that what it used to say, so something has updated, but I have 4 different drone scanners and none of them pick up a signal..
Same. Are we supposed to just pick our own Identification and Flight Information? Or do we get an ID from FAA drone zone?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jumperswaves