Phantom 4 Pro Plus CRASH

Reaction score
Hi all,
Yesterday I was performing some flighs and after all initialization, when I did my second take off, at 10 meters high, my phantom 4 pro plus was supposed to stay still. Instead, It started flying downward and sideways to the left. I quickly tried to lift it and it did not respond very well. Luckily I was able to bring it back to my right while it was still coming until it eventually crashed onto some wooden pallets. Nobody was hurt thankfully and now I am trying to get to the bottom of it.
I presume it may have been because of three possible causes:
1) Battery
2) Compass and/or IMU
3) Damaged propeller
I am trying to upload the log file but I can't attach it here. The forum says it is too large.

Does anyone know what should I look for in the Flight Data Viewer in the DJI assistant Software?
Thank you very much
Ines
(Argentina)

I am trying to upload the log file but I can't attach it here. The forum says it is too large.
You can upload the TXT flight log here and post a link back here to share it. If you'd like to share other files, you can zip and attach them here (if the file isn't too large) or upload the file to a file sharing site like dropbox.com and post the download link here.

I presume it may have been because of three possible causes:
1) Battery
2) Compass and/or IMU
3) Damaged propeller

The .txt file may or may not answer the question. You will get more detail from the actual aircraft .dat files, assuming the aircraft will still power up. Those will need to be shared from a share site as msinger mentioned. First, I would highly doubt a battery issue. Second, compass and imu errors do not usually cause such drastic manuevers, but still possible. A damaged prop might be difficult to discern. An initial thought would be an obstructed motor, or some sort of IMU/Motor anomaly. All of these are mute points until the data can be looked at.

The .txt file may or may not answer the question. You will get more detail from the actual aircraft .dat files, assuming the aircraft will still power up. Those will need to be shared from a share site as msinger mentioned. First, I would highly doubt a battery issue. Second, compass and imu errors do not usually cause such drastic manuevers, but still possible. A damaged prop might be difficult to discern. An initial thought would be an obstructed motor, or some sort of IMU/Motor anomaly. All of these are mute points until the data can be looked at.
Here's the .DAT
FLY156.rar
Here's the FlightLog
DJI Flight Log Viewer - PhantomHelp.com

Apparently it was the compass. But why didn't the RC let me know before take off?

Last edited:
why didn't the RC let me know before take off?
DJI GO will not always notify you when there is a problem.

Before taking off, do this:

1) Make sure your Phantom is not sitting near a magnetic metal object. That includes metal inside of things like concrete sidewalks.

2) Verify that the red aircraft symbol on the map in DJI GO is pointing in the same direction as your Phantom while it's sitting on the ground.

3) Verify that the red aircraft symbol on the map in DJI GO is not slowly spinning while your Phantom is sitting on the ground.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor