Phantom 4 Pro V1 Sudden Spiral And Crash

Reaction score
Hello forum members,
I recently experienced a crash with my Phantom 4 Pro V1. The bird was set to perform a facade inspection using Drone Deploy. It took off normally, but after rising about 80 feet it started spiraling downward and crashed into the ground. Needless to say, its a total loss. It would be great to know what happened. I've provided a link to flight records pulled directly from the drone. The crash occurred around 5:41PM.
Thanks for any help you can provide.

Reactions: RodPad
Until the real guys look at the .dat files.

I recommend this info.

Short cut for the procedure.

Rod ..

SAD..... I also have a P4Pv1 and one time I took off from a wooden dock and it zoomed toward a very large tree. Fortunately I somehow regained control. Found out the wooden dock had a LOT of steel under it. All systems were go, until airborne. Will keep checking here to see what the experts say.

Spins normally mean loss of a single prop or motor and if you never take off your props you can rule that out and concentrate on the motor going or what may have blocked the motor such as a small stones that get caught up in the Motor.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Phantom in the Rain. land on the Water.

Good point PWS. A preflight inspection should take care of most problems like that. I see many drone pilots taking off from sand, and dusty areas. Flirting with disaster.

Reactions: PhantomWetSuits
Hey guys. Good feedback. I'm hoping that the flight data can pinpoint if it was a failed motor, otherwise it looks like I didn't do due dilligence in my preflight checkoff.
Please try my links.

Things will start happening. 👌

Rod ..

We're any props missing after crash? Anyways you do have some parts value if inclined to sell what's left.

Capt KO, you read my mind. I do have some props, a GL300C Controller, a GL300E Controller (Built In Screen) and the crashed drone for what its worth.

Hello forum members,
I recently experienced a crash with my Phantom 4 Pro V1. The bird was set to perform a facade inspection using Drone Deploy. It took off normally, but after rising about 80 feet it started spiraling downward and crashed into the ground. Needless to say, its a total loss. It would be great to know what happened. I've provided a link to flight records pulled directly from the drone. The crash occurred around 5:41PM.
I use the .txt files from the controller rather than .dat files.
But having the drone spiral downwards indicates that the torque forces were unbalanced.
That will have been due to loss of thrust because of the failure of either a prop or a motor.
It can be hard to tell which, but if the drone made it to the ground with all props intact, that helps eliminate one possibility.

As others have said, prop failure, motor failure, or ESC failure.

Hello forum members,

I'm going to guess prop loss. Once you figure out how to process your .dat file, the prop RPM graph should reveal all. Post a screenshot to the forum.

D

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl