Phantom 4 pro outlast Phantom 5 announced

I have 61 hours total on my P4 and have six batteries now. I fly everyday and no problems yet.

Fly it right and it will do you right! I only have 177 flights and 35 hours but I guess I like long flights, I have 2,751,552+, the plus is that I did not sync my first month of flights then did a factory reset on my tablet and lost those, I sure I have over 3M feet. That's about 521 miles. I plan to change my prop mounts and props with OEM at my P4's anniversary even if they still look like new, and they do. Cheap insurance, under 30 bucks is worth it. I would have flown more but our fall was really wet, I would have got more hours with a boat, now it's in the -20's C, time to store the P4 and get out the snowmobile. Don't dream about another bird and fly the one you have.

Reactions: KingDad1985
I'm calling all veterans to answer this question of mine. If I fly my P4P everyday ,let's say 45 minutes of flight added everyday until the P5 comes out. Will my P4P hold up and stay alive? I wasn't around in the P1 or p2 or even P3 days. My first real phantom was the p3a which I sold for the P4, which I sold the p4 for the p4p. So I have no idea how much hours and flights these things can take. If this sounds like a stupid question please ignore. I am fairly new to this hobby and I can see how my ignorance can irritate some. Thanks in advanced to the ones you do give their honest opinion. ;) Thank you guys.

I have over 200. miles of flight on my P3P. My ship still works perfectly. I fly using Litchi, both pre-programed flight as well as FPV. This summer we took some great videos over the mountains in Colorado as high as 13,300 feet ASL - still within 400 feet ot the ground. DJI has done a fantastic job with the design/

I would say this spring is possible but in about one year more likely. We can also expect to see a Mavic 2 at this time (hopefully with the same sensor if they are able to fit it)
At just over 1/2" wide it's only 1/4" wider than the current sensor so my guess is it will fit no problems and they are likely to do it as they will get better pricing from the camera supplier and sensor manufacturer if they use the same sensor in multiple models.

I have over 200. miles of flight on my P3P. My ship still works perfectly. I fly using Litchi, both pre-programed flight as well as FPV. This summer we took some great videos over the mountains in Colorado as high as 13,300 feet ASL - still within 400 feet ot the ground. DJI has done a fantastic job with the design/

Do you have stress cracks? If not did you use the reinforcement plates?

I'm calling all veterans to answer this question of mine. If I fly my P4P everyday ,let's say 45 minutes of flight added everyday until the P5 comes out. Will my P4P hold up and stay alive? I wasn't around in the P1 or p2 or even P3 days. My first real phantom was the p3a which I sold for the P4, which I sold the p4 for the p4p. So I have no idea how much hours and flights these things can take. If this sounds like a stupid question please ignore. I am fairly new to this hobby and I can see how my ignorance can irritate some. Thanks in advanced to the ones you do give their honest opinion. ;) Thank you guys.

my P2V+ is still ticking and in good order, my kid crashed it once due to descending too quickly and entered a VRS state... no damage. it doesn't get a lot of use these days with my new quads, but when it was new i used to fly it at least 5 hours a week for a year and a half.

my P4 started developing cracks in the middle of the shell after about 8 months of nearly daily use. 291 flights 61Hrs 48Mins flight time. i never crashed or even landed it hard. always hand catch. so its really hard to say.

my P4 started developing cracks in the middle of the shell after about 8 months of nearly daily use. 291 flights 61Hrs 48Mins flight time. i never crashed or even landed it hard. always hand catch. so its really hard to say.

I've had my P4 exactly 9 months now. Can you show a photo of where your cracks are developing?

I've had my P4 exactly 9 months now. Can you show a photo of where your cracks are developing?
I received my replacement from DJI last week :)

P4 shell crack.jpg

Do you have stress cracks? If not did you use the reinforcement plates?
No I do not have any stress cracks yet 237. miles logged so far. I examine my aircraft with a 2.5X head band magnifier. No cracks yet. I try to fly smoothly like I would with a real aircraft. I use full stick controls but apply changes smoothly, and brake smoothly. DJI P3P and Litchi.
Joe
KC7GHT

Reactions: puredata
You're a good sport : )
There is no need for me to get upset over a comment on the internet. Hahaha. I don't care what people I know think of me, so I definitely don't care what people I don't know think lol. Plus if I take every little thing someone said to the heart, my life would be miserable. ;) People have such thin skin. :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: KiwiBird

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akinproplumbing