Phantom 4 Pro 2.0 test and review video!

What’s the difference between the regular pro

New props, ESCs, a redesigned controller and OcuSync technology for wireless DJI Goggles (RE) support.

The improved propellers and ESCs are supposed to reduce flight noise by 4 dB.

Other than that, it's pretty much the same.

Reactions: KKD
What’s the difference between the regular pro
Per the P4P V2 FAQ:

"The Phantom 4 Pro V2.0 uses the same camera as the Phantom 4 Pro and is equipped with a 1-inch 20-megapixel sensor capable of shooting 4K/60fps video at 100Mbps. Also, like the Phantom 4 Pro, V2.0 features a 30-minute maximum flight time and 7-kilometer long-range control. The remote controller of the Phantom 4 Pro V2.0 also supports 2.4 and 5.8GHz frequency switching, and a remote controller a with built-in screen is also available. Different from the Phantom 4 Pro, the Phantom 4 Pro V2.0 is equipped with an OcuSync transmission system, which allows the drone to connect to DJI Goggles wirelessly. The Phantom 4 Pro V2.0 also features an upgraded propulsion system with FOC sinusoidal driver ESCs and 9455S quick-release propellers that reduce noise and make the drone more aerodynamic. *The remote controller of Phantom 4 Pro V2.0 is not compatible with the Phantom 4 Pro, which uses Lightbridge transmission. Other accessories such as batteries, chargers, and ND filters are compatible with both the Phantom 4 Pro and Phantom 4 Pro V2.0."

Per the P4P V2 FAQ:

"The Phantom 4 Pro V2.0 uses the same camera as the Phantom 4 Pro and is equipped with a 1-inch 20-megapixel sensor capable of shooting 4K/60fps video at 100Mbps. Also, like the Phantom 4 Pro, V2.0 features a 30-minute maximum flight time and 7-kilometer long-range control. The remote controller of the Phantom 4 Pro V2.0 also supports 2.4 and 5.8GHz frequency switching, and a remote controller a with built-in screen is also available. Different from the Phantom 4 Pro, the Phantom 4 Pro V2.0 is equipped with an OcuSync transmission system, which allows the drone to connect to DJI Goggles wirelessly. The Phantom 4 Pro V2.0 also features an upgraded propulsion system with FOC sinusoidal driver ESCs and 9455S quick-release propellers that reduce noise and make the drone more aerodynamic. *The remote controller of Phantom 4 Pro V2.0 is not compatible with the Phantom 4 Pro, which uses Lightbridge transmission. Other accessories such as batteries, chargers, and ND filters are compatible with both the Phantom 4 Pro and Phantom 4 Pro V2.0."
Thank You! Are they coming out with obsidian quiet props?

Are they coming out with obsidian quiet props?
The new 9455 props are in the DJI Store, but they aren't available yet. The product page shows they are also compatible with the P4P and P4A. So, I'm thinking we'll eventually see them in obsidian (maybe even an obsidian P4P V2).

1.8K, at B&H DJI Phantom 4 Pro+ Version 2.0 Quadcopter CP.PT.00000234.01 B&H

DJI Store is less for some reason.

Edit, after watching the video, seeing some of the same issues the P4 video has, i.e. jerky footage, mainly at the start of his flight. Might be something on my end.

Noise, seems about the same in volume, but pitch is lower, I had hoped it would be more significant.

Paul Caldwell

Last edited:
Reactions: FT in Japan
You can go to the Mavic forum to see general info on new props and ESC's efficacy.
Bottom line is (on the Mavic) they work as advertised with lower/less obnoxious noise and longer flight time.
I'm interested in the prop rigidity and hope the new P4P 2.0 props are as stiff as the originals.
Reason being is I find the new Mavic props are more flexible resulting in less ability to buck the wind - it's perhaps *too* flexible allowing wind to push it around more.

Since it’s the same price (is it not?) I think it’s a good release. A little buff for the same money. But not that you would upgrade if you already have a P4P.

Since it’s the same price (is it not?) I think it’s a good release. A little buff for the same money. But not that you would upgrade if you already have a P4P.
I'd dearly love to have the Occusync and dual frequency controller. My Mavic has much better range with both control and video than my P4P and I attribute Occusync and dual frequency for that.
That may make it worthwhile for some.

You can go to the Mavic forum to see general info on new props and ESC's efficacy.
Bottom line is (on the Mavic) they work as advertised with lower/less obnoxious noise and longer flight time.
I'm interested in the prop rigidity and hope the new P4P 2.0 props are as stiff as the originals.
Reason being is I find the new Mavic props are more flexible resulting in less ability to buck the wind - it's perhaps *too* flexible allowing wind to push it around more.

I fully agree on the Mavic, PP, the difference is as advertised. Well worth the upgrade for me. Love to fly it. From the 1 video I have seen so far, the difference in the P4 versions is not as much, and it needs it. The noise IMO is the first complaint you get with all drones and causes the main reason for conflicts with others.

Good point on the newer props on the Mavic as they do appear to me a bit more flexible.

It will be interesting to see as more reviews come in.

Paul Caldwell

I went ahead and bought one. I wouldn't of considered it if I already had a P4P v1, but I currently own a P3A and I believe the differences between a P3A and the P4P v2 was significant enough to just bite the bullet and buy it. Hopefully DJI will ship it today and it might be here by this weekend. I still plan to eventually sell the P4P v2 and upgrade to the P5 whenever that comes out. I really wanted interchangeable lenses!

Last edited:
Reactions: Crowe99
Just read this at DJI
"The 9455 propellers have a brand new aerodynamic design giving the Phantom 4 series an impressive noise control performance. When used with the Phantom 4 Pro V2.0, up to 4dB (60%) of aircraft noise is lowered during takeoff and landing. Noise reduction is also enhanced when used with the Phantom 4 Pro, but not as much."

So yes i will be ordering several sets

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart