Phantom 4 / Phantom 3 "Enthusiast" Price announced!

It seems the real gap in their current model line up between the Inspire Pro and the P3 is more about camera performance. I'd be willing to pay a premium for a better camera sensor - 1" Exmor RS or m43, especially if it was in a bird that managed to stay under the micro UAS 4.4 lb threshold. So I really hope the new gimbal is attached to an upgraded camera.

No real interest in fancy sensor flight tech that's going to be unrefined and seems to be a knee-jerk response to Yuneec & Intel's latest offering.

I agree with the sensor ugrade! Thats the only reason I personally would buy it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: 2nd2non and Tron_X
Better camera, longer flight time, and props that show up in the video. That's what I'm waiting for.
If you really want props in your videos, just remove the gimbal tilt limit ;)

i don't need six blades (when four will do just fine)................................

The reasoning behind a hex is slight redundancy... theoretically you can get a hex down to the ground in one piece if you lose one motor or prop or esc.... but on a quad, you lose one of anything and you are done :(

That being said I have only read about a handful (if that) cases where a hex or octo had a problem and was landed safely. For me I would rather have a more dependable quad (better QC and manufacturing standards) than a hex. If I wanted true redundancy I would want an X8

The reasoning behind a hex is slight redundancy... theoretically you can get a hex down to the ground in one piece if you lose one motor or prop or esc.... but on a quad, you lose one of anything and you are done :(

That being said I have only read about a handful (if that) cases where a hex or octo had a problem and was landed safely. For me I would rather have a more dependable quad (better QC and manufacturing standards) than a hex. If I wanted redundancy I would want an X8
+1. Hexacopters are not required for the type of stuff most people do with a Phantom, which is meant to be a mobile, lightweight unit. People who need serious lifting capacity will invest in bigger, better platforms.

Yeah saw that but at $1700 it would have to be a Hexacopter with two batteries, extra props, a case, retractable landing gear, 360 degree camera, built in 7" video device, optional FLIR camera that just snaps in, and Intel collision avoidance.
As others have said, a hex seems rather unnecessary for the layman or the "enthusiast". And that was a lot of assumptions in one post. In my opinion, there are lots of things dji could add to warrant a 1700 dollar price tag.

Sent from my iPod touch using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: BenjiAlpineP3p
As others have said, a hex seems rather unnecessary for the layman or the "enthusiast". And that was a lot of assumptions in one post. In my opinion, there are lots of things dji could add to warrant a 1700 dollar price tag.

For sure.... for me that list would be retractable legs, 360 rotating camera and ability to have photographer copilot like on Inspire....

FLIR is optional but available and runs about $2500 for the camera alone. But it's nice to have an option. Lol.
the XT camera would not retail at that price.....a vue or vue pro does but not the Tau2 on which it is based

the XT camera would not retail at that price.....a vue or vue pro does but not the Tau2 on which it is based
The Flir's pricing was actually announced.. If i remember correctly, the normal resolution version was 3000$ and the higher res version was 10.000$ I mean its clear that they are not targeting consumer markets with this ^^

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The Flir's pricing was actually announced.. If i remember correctly, the normal resolution version was 3000$ and the higher res version was 10.000$
Do you have a link?

the prices for 336 res version was 5.9k
the prices for 640 res version was 10.4k

DJI Zenmuse XT Review - First Thoughts | Flight Evolved

they always said this was a commercial product and not being retailed through normal consumer outlets thats why it is a high end spec camera, there are no surprises here

for those wanting the differences between tau2 and vues :

Q: What is the main difference between the FLIR TAU2 and FLIR VUE camera:
A: The cameras have some differences, but the biggest difference is that the TAU2 is radiometric (14 bit), and therefore you are able to remotely control the isotherm and delta-t. On the VUE cameras you can control the tilt, palettes and digital zoom, on the TAU2 you can control the tilt, palettes, digital zoom, isotherm and delta-t. In most professional applications this might be needed.

Q:What can you do with radiometric Isotherm and Delta-t:
A: Delta-t and Isotherm is a good feature to have within professional application. This is best explained with an example: when you do ‘search and rescue’ (SAR human detection) you can set the Isotherm on (for example) 36 degree and set delta-t on 1 degree. Temperatures on 36 degree will be highlighted very strong descending to 35 and 37 (1 degree Delta-t), so 35 degree will be little less highlighted then 36 degree. This way you can specify an window temperature which make spotting this temp easier.

Last edited:
Bestbuy has the P3P with DJI case on sale

04070768fa7528621c0b66b6a431db16.jpg

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Sent from my iPod touch using PhantomPilots mobile app
Not any assumptions. That's exactly what you will get with a Yuneec Typhoon H for 1799 in April.

Not any assumptions. That's exactly what you will get with a Yuneec Typhoon H for 1799 in April.
Yeah. This is about DJI's new product. And I was saying that it doesn't have to be the same thing. There are plenty of things dji could add that would make it a worth that price.

I'm not sure if this has showed up on the form yet, but I thought I would share this with all of you just in case. It's a Toms Tech Time Newly released video "Today". I'm not sure how y'all feel about this fella, but I think he's pretty sharp, and definitely devoted to the cause!!

With P3P now at $999, the new $1700 has to have something very substantial.

I'm guessing better camera sensor, slightly longer flight time.

But increasingly, I'm paranoid about liability. I really wish DJI did a mini "dropsafe" for Phantoms or something along those lines. This would be a game changer, not some silly 'obstacle avoidance".

Reactions: Jack1926
DJI will not compete head on with Typhoon because they already have best system, range in the industry so I think they will focus on their strengths and only compete with landing gear for the 360 degree removable camera and have opportunity to add the Thermal device if you choose like the Inspire, it might be a hex but I'm sure they won't add a ST16 type transmitter, their strength again is their GoApp. It would be way too expensive to start now with a transmitter/video combo and clearly it will look like DJI is emulating the competition when they are the leaders for now., I don't think they will go this route but who knows. I think removable camera options and obstacle avoidance will be their focus..hex or quad is the question I think

Reactions: Jack1926

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl