Phantom 4 / Phantom 3 "Enthusiast" Price announced!

Reaction score
forum.php

Hi Phantompilots!, News just popped: The Phantom 3 "Enthusiasts" model costs 1700$ to compete with the Typhoon H ( 1799$ ) I wrote my thoughts about this here. I hope everyone has a nice day!

Reactions: rcmedic
Yeah saw that but at $1700 it would have to be a Hexacopter with two batteries, extra props, a case, retractable landing gear, 360 degree camera, built in 7" video device, optional FLIR camera that just snaps in, and Intel collision avoidance. So far, the only thing DJI has them beat on is range. Yuneec still haven't figured out how to beat the Lightbridge system.

Reactions: QuadBart
Haha Jeff expecting allot but some does make sense.. How would you compare the Yuneec image sensor to the Phantoms?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

$1700 it would have to be a Hexacopter with two batteries, extra props, a case, retractable landing gear, 360 degree camera, built in 7" video device, optional FLIR camera that just snaps in, and Intel collision avoidance.

FLIR alone will cost double that(or more) for anything worth having.

DJI did announce the prices for the FLIR camera... The top model was 10.000 :p

FLIR alone will cost double that(or more) for anything worth having.
FLIR is optional but available and runs about $2500 for the camera alone. But it's nice to have an option. Lol.

Reactions: BigAl07
Haha Jeff expecting allot but some does make sense.. How would you compare the Yuneec image sensor to the Phantoms?

I haven't yet held one in my hands so everything I say is based on videos posted and edited by others. Generally I can't tell much difference when viewing on YouTube etc.
here's what one reviewer said
THe Phantom 3 uses a Sony exmor CMOS sensor, but Yuneec uses a generic unbranded CMOS sensor.

Reactions: BenjiAlpineP3p
Some good points. On paper, while there is nothing definitive about the Phantom 4 specs... the Typhoon H seems to have alot to offer... I can't imagine the 4 coming in at that pricepoint if it doesn't have those same features the Typhoon H has...

Some good points. On paper, while there is nothing definitive about the Phantom 4 specs... the Typhoon H seems to have alot to offer... I can't imagine the 4 coming in at that pricepoint if it doesn't have those same features the Typhoon H has...
absolutely right!, otherwise they really would be shooting themselves in the foot! we will see..

i don't need six blades (when four will do just fine). I also don't need FLIR (how often would the average person even need it). I also don't like being restricted to a built-in display (I like using my iPad Air).

I'd take lightbridge range over those features any day. But yeah -- i'd take the other features, sure (360 camera, retract landing gear, obstacle avoidance, etc.)

i don't need six blades (when four will do just fine). I also don't need FLIR (how often would the average person even need it). I also don't like being restricted to a built-in display (I like using my iPad Air).

I'd take lightbridge range over those features any day. But yeah -- i'd take the other features, sure (360 camera, retract landing gear, obstacle avoidance, etc.)
That should happen! there are images that do suggest things such as a 360 camera etc.. we added them here :)

That should happen! there are images that do suggest things such as a 360 camera etc.. we added them here :)

I wonder if those really are retractable landing skids or sensors? Those other angles don't look as "retractable" as that one image does.

Of course until it comes out everything is speculation.

I'd love retractable gear, 360 camera, FLIR capable and of course 1,000,000,mAH battery that recharges in 10 minutes :)

Don't see the retracts either.
It still appears the antennas are in the vertical leg sections.

I agree most likely some type of forward sensing.

Don't see the retracts either.
It still appears the antennas are in the vertical leg sections.

I agree most likely some type of forward sensing.
your probably right, they could either be lenses or screws ( hard to tell on those photos ) ;)

I know its all speculation, but if the landing gear doesn't retract and you have a 360 degree camera, the landing gear is going to be in the image/video. And I would think DJI is smarter than that. Which means either no 360 degree camera or the retracts come later or neither...

I know its all speculation, but if the landing gear doesn't retract and you have a 360 degree camera, the landing gear is going to be in the image/video. And I would think DJI is smarter than that. Which means either no 360 degree camera or the retracts come later or neither...

We see the situation the same way.. If they are sensors and not hinges, then there wont be retractable legs & there wont be a 360degree camera. But in my opinion if the camera is not 360, allot of people will pass on it and go for the typhoon H

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I haven't yet held one in my hands so everything I say is based on videos posted and edited by others. Generally I can't tell much difference when viewing on YouTube etc.
here's what one reviewer said
THe Phantom 3 uses a Sony exmor CMOS sensor, but Yuneec uses a generic unbranded CMOS sensor.
In theory in this sensor class I think the compression settings play a larger role than the sensor itself as they are very similar..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It seems the real gap in their current model line up between the Inspire Pro and the P3 is more about camera performance. I'd be willing to pay a premium for a better camera sensor - 1" Exmor RS or m43, especially if it was in a bird that managed to stay under the micro UAS 4.4 lb threshold. So I really hope the new gimbal is attached to an upgraded camera.

No real interest in fancy sensor flight tech that's going to be unrefined and seems to be a knee-jerk response to Yuneec & Intel's latest offering.

It seems the real gap in their current model line up between the Inspire Pro and the P3 is more about camera performance. I'd be willing to pay a premium for a better camera sensor - 1" Exmor RS or m43, especially if it was in a bird that managed to stay under the micro UAS 4.4 lb threshold. So I really hope the new gimbal is attached to an upgraded camera.

No real interest in fancy sensor flight tech that's going to be unrefined and seems to be a knee-jerk response to Yuneec & Intel's latest offering.
Highly agree. Could not have said it better myself.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4