Phantom 4 malfunction and loss

This thread is unbelievable.

It would appear y'all have been reeled in, put on ice, and are now headed for the fish market. :D

Reactions: Dirty Bird
Much agreed. If anyone wants to conspire against the P4 just factually point out its falsely advertised battery life and shortened range.

Ya I stopped reading after several pages of denial. Why it give the benefit of the doubt and not edit speech? If it's a fake post it's a fake post. But chances are better than not this won't be the only P4 flyaway.
Why can't we just let the chips fall without turning it into a conspiracy?

Reactions: GadgetGuy
Ya I stopped reading after several pages of denial. Why it give the benefit of the doubt and not edit speech? If it's a fake post it's a fake post. But chances are better than not this won't be the only P4 flyaway.
Why can't we just let the chips fall without turning it into a conspiracy?

So wouldn't the OP be the original conspirator since he cannot provide any logs or other info? The thread should just be deleted IMO. This is a FORUM. It's moderators have the control to change and delete if it's what they see fit. If you don't like it, try another forum?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Censorship is generally not a good thing.

All forums have some form of censorship. You join their forum and you agree to their rules. This was Hardly censored though. The thread is still here with only a title modification. Which would probably be changed back if the OP could respond with any sort of anything really.

Yea ask China

Reactions: Toph
So wouldn't the OP be the original conspirator since he cannot provide any logs or other info? The thread should just be deleted IMO. This is a FORUM. It's moderators have the control to change and delete if it's what they see fit. If you don't like it, try another forum?

You've been here a month dude. Relax...

It's just not healthy to censor just because you don't agree. The guy clearly isn't on the forums every day like some of us. But he's not new and has posted on several different topics. He posted one comment and now we have page upon page of people in denial because they are afraid they wasted their money on a P4. He may be the first but won't be the last with a flyaway. It happens.

So wouldn't the OP be the original conspirator since he cannot provide any logs or other info?

No I'd say the OP is the Puppet Master and he's pulled many a string.

All forums have some form of censorship. You join their forum and you agree to their rules. This was Hardly censored though. The thread is still here with only a title modification. Which would probably be changed back if the OP could respond with any sort of anything really.

I agree, Come on people. Relax. It's not like they took away anything from you. All of the "censorship" comments are still there. Even if they are......heck
I am done with this thread. This is so stupid. Go from a fly away to censorship.....sheesh come on people. Its obvious he does not want anyone to help or afraid to comment for fear of being hammered. Who cares? Close this **** thread, it is useless right now.

Reactions: caseyb41
No reason to be offended guys. Take a deep breath.

For the record, I appreciate all you guys and these forums. This can be a great place to help and be helped, and I've had the opportunity at both here and I'm very thankful for that. We are brothers in this hobby. Let's keep it that way!

But I do vote to keep this thread open. Either he will eventually provide logs to confirm or this will all be debunked if he doesn't. Either way, let's find out and not stifle anyone due to emotions. Everyone is welcome to just not visit this threat if it proves to be too much for them.

The p4 is a computer that can fly.

Like any computer, there IS GOING TO BE malfunctioning hardware/software/firmware, so it doesn't surprise me that someone has reported a flyaway.

If the OP is a fraud then he/she will be exposed, if not, a lot of you owe him/her massive amounts of apologies.

Reactions: GoodnNuff
Interesting ... it could be that DJI don't trust all the warranty claims that come in but I'd be very surprised if they are telling the FAA every time you use atti mode or go to 500 feet above launch point.
The .DAT files provide everything DJI needs for any warranty claims. Collecting data about pilots exceeding 400 foot height limits above their launch points, or flying without GPS in Atti mode seems more FAA related, to track down scofflaws, not that they don't deserve it, if anything untoward results! :eek:

It doesn't complain every time - it just asks you to acknowledge that you accept the risks before you enable the switch in the software.
Accepting the risks, as well agreeing that "we are watching and recording everything you do in this mode, just in case..." :rolleyes:

Attitude[Mode]

This means the quad will only maintain it's level (upright) and altitude while being subject to the wind or other air currents. There is no assistance from GPS to maintain location above the Earth.
...and NFZ's and GeoFencing won't cripple your flight, if they can't find you, because you aren't using GPS...:cool:

The .DAT files provide everything DJI needs for any warranty claims. Collecting data about pilots exceeding 400 foot height limits above their launch points, or flying without GPS in Atti mode seems more FAA related, to track down scofflaws, not that they don't deserve it, if anything untoward results! :eek:

DJI is a Chinese company I highly doubt they are just freely sharing information with the US government!

Did a moderator change his forum topic title? Why would someone do that? Whether it's true or not, are people really that freaked out that the P4 could not be a perfect machine? There are a bunch of complaints like short battery life and sub par range issues. Why not just let the experiences speak for themselves?
I can't see the forum topic titles on my iPad anyway...:(

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart