Phantom 4 malfunction and loss

Reaction score
This was my second fly with it.. Everything was going smooth and all of the sudden it said GPS not available.. And it just started to go away from me.. I was not able to control it. After 3 minutes i lost video and thay was it!

I had the Phantom 2, 3 Pro and this one and i never had any problems in the past..

I called customer service and the representative was so rude, he was just trying to get me to say the wrong thing.. Worst customer service ever.. He said they will send me a form and it will have a 3 weeks turn around for an obvious technical failure.. Im so angry!! What should i do??

This was my second fly with it.. Everything was going smooth and all of the sudden it said GPS not available.. And it just started to go away from me.. I was not able to control it. After 3 minutes i lost video and thay was it!

I had the Phantom 2, 3 Pro and this one and i never had any problems in the past..

I called customer service and the representative was so rude, he was just trying to get me to say the wrong thing.. Worst customer service ever.. He said they will send me a form and it will have a 3 weeks turn around for an obvious technical failure.. Im so angry!! What should i do??

What did you do when the GPS failed and it started to "fly away"?

The correct answer is to put it in ATTI mode and fly it back to you...

It's hard to know what happened from your description.
To find out more you can go to: https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
Follow the instructions there to upload the flight record from the app and post a link to the analysis here.
Someone may be able to come up with an explanation.

Reactions: curiosity
This is a bit concerning, did you flip into sport mode (since atti isn't there any more?)

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

A lot of people don't really know how to fly without gps assist. Sad but true

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I agree, this is a very valuable skill to learn. I am a firm believer that you should start out with a cheap, non-gps stabilized quad before jumping into a Phantom. However, practicing ATTI mode skills if the Phantom is your first quad is a decent substitute. Also, people panic and do weird things sometimes. Not saying that is the case on this one, just saying.

Starting to wonder if this is another pre April fools joke , like the guy that said he was one of the first to order his P4 and they sent him extra batteries and a iPad .

Dumb Question So if you loose your gps and you are not in visual sight and not sure which way your facing. I assume you would all of map data directions so you would be essentially flying in the dark . Unless you have some landmark for reference thru fpv.

Reactions: curiosity
Hope it's a joke. So with little time in my log I have to ask. If the Phantom loses GPS is the ability to control the aircraft completely lost as well? I assumed the stability would suffer but never thought of total loss of control. But i know what they say about assuming.......

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Dumb Question So if you loose your gps and you are not in visual sight and not sure which way your facing. I assume you would all of map data directions so you would be essentially flying in the dark . Unless you have some landmark for reference thru fpv.

Use the line on the map. That is a straight line from the phantom to the home point. Turn around and fly along the line.

Reactions: Jbundy63
Hope it's a joke. So with little time in my log I have to ask. If the Phantom loses GPS is the ability to control the aircraft completely lost as well? I assumed the stability would suffer but never thought of total loss of control. But i know what they say about assuming.......

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app
No. If the GPS signal does something wonky, you just flip it to ATTI mode and take control back.

If you lose GPS (and that would be extremely rare unless you are in a deep canyon or somewhere else with no sky view), your Phantom automatically defaults to atti mode.
Everything is the same except you don't have the horizontal position holding of GPS.
You still have altitude holding and you have full control.
Try switching to atti mode sometime to see the differences.

Or I should say I was Flying a P1 . I didn't realize I switched it to manual mode when it was 3 blocks away and kind of come crashing down.

No. If the GPS signal does something wonky, you just flip it to ATTI mode and take control back.
I tried everything and it will not respond.. GPS just died completely, I have the phantom 3 pro and I always fly it in the same spot with no problems. I was only 400ft away and about 190ft up.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31