Phantom 4 logs and Dashware

Reaction score
I have recently purchased my first drone last week(Phantom 4) and am very pleased with it so far apart from purple/green bars on display sometimes, but I can live with that as the footage to the SD card is fine.

Having looked through the forums I haven't managed to find an answer to my query.

I have recently downloaded Dashware and want to be able to use the flight data from my Phantom 4 to overlay on the video. I've not been able to find how to download the full flight data from the Phantom 4 and I understand the info recorded by the DJI Go app in the DJI/dji.pilot/FlightRecord directory doesn't seem to record all of the details.

Once I have these files, is any convertion required before Dashware will recognise them. Any help, guidance would be greatly appreciated.

RobertS

Reactions: arithor
I'm working on that small project right now.
I fly a P3A and my problem is "how to sync video and data metrics"

Any help, kind of "how to", "tutorial" will be helpful.

I really can't get any data out from .cvs file that i convert using new DatCon 2.2.7 beta.

When i load the .cvs file in Dashware, there is no data on any gauges :-(

Sorry guys, it was my error. Still learning Dashware.

- You have to go in the Dashware software "Analysis by time" and choose metrics that you want to monitor. It's a small detail that make ALLLLLL the difference :)

You can't convert P4 DAT logs into csv using Datcon. Read here:
DatFile.net
@BudWalker thinks its probably encrypted and can't be done easily.
But you can convert txt logs using this converter:
[TOOL][WIN] Offline TXT FlightRecord to CSV Converter
A converted DAT (from P3) has a lot more info but if you don't mind not having any motor infos, mag details etc its ok.
I have a Dashware profile for it.If there is any interest I can post it with a template including gauges.
Here is an example.

Many thanks for your replies, I did download the Dat files, but like you say you can't convert them... I'll guess I'll have to use the Flight record text files for now, although I have noticed that I don't seem to get these for every flight I do. If you wouldn't mind posting the Dashware template, that would be great and much appreciated.

RobertS

I play couple of hour with Dashware and i still can't understand how to sync telemetry and video.

If i found the trick, i will post.

It look very interesting and well explain, but i can understand nothing :-(

french and english here !

thank's for the effort

I was able to convert the Flightlogs text file to csv and it was recognised by Dashware as a Flytrex profile, I performed the synchronise procedure and played the video, it mostly worked OK (wouldn't provide correct speed) and about 1/3 of the way into a 12 minute flight the data stopped updating. Any suggestions on why this might be happening, I'm using a Samsung galaxy s5 as my viewing device.

Regards,

RobertS

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT