Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

1. David Webb

Hi everyone,

About 3 weeks back I was flying my drone in Niagara Falls, Ontario, Canada when all a sudden there was a loss of connection from the drone. I was only 100 feet away and about 150 feet up leaving no reason for the drone to lose connection. As soon as it happened I walked over to the drone and it was in many pieces. Knowing I needed repair I got in contact with DJI, they sent me the label, to send it to them and it was all great! But after about a week they said that it was repaired but it really wasn't. They sent me an invoice for $315, which I was surprised because there was no flying error on my end. So I emailed them back asking for the records and it took them a few days but they sent me an email explaining it was a sudden loss of power and the warranty will cover it.

So...if you have anything repaired by DJI and they send you an invoice always ask because I am a prime example of how these companies just try to keep making money and do NOT stay to their word.

Don't let DJI fool you, these drones are already thousands of dollars!!

JUST FOR THE HEADS UP !! SAFE FLYING

Dave

2. eyecon82

Yes, dji is a shady company

3. 28wins

I don't see what the problem is.

Without your data, how they would have known the context of the crash.

And what do you mean by "they said that it was repaired but it really wasn't"?

They didn't fix your drone or is that in your mind issuing an invoice means it wasn't fixed (which is a different issue from the repair itself)?

#3 28wins, Jun 22, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2016
  4. Ibmftw

Sounds like he means they said it was repaired but still couldnt ship it back to him, also the point he was making was that before he asked for the logs they was going to charge him for the apparent repairs, after they realised he was somewhat tech savvy asking for logs they decided they better do the right thing and repair it for free due to a malfunction covered by their warrenty.

5. 28wins

Thank you.

Of course they were going to charge him, they don't know how the crash occurred.

The data is the information and evidence needed to satisfy the requirements of a warranty claim.

His story isn't entirely clear: it's hard to tell whether he sent the data at the same time the claim was first filed and they tried to charge him anyway (this would be bad).
    Or if he sent the data after he received the invoice, which is the way i read his post.
    Naturally, if there is an outstanding invoice, they cannot ship the drone until it's been paid.

#5 28wins, Jun 22, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2016
  6. dronejunkyev

Is there a way as an end user to pull those logs? Just wondering as I would pull them prior to sending it out for repair.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

7. 28wins

dronejunkyev likes this.
  8. ianwood

ianwood Taco Wrangler
    Staff Member

Alright, Jason Bourne, pull the DAT file and post it for us, will you?

dirkclod likes this.
  9. Zuzua

If you were literally flying near the falls, you don't think the sheer amount of water mist from the falls could have been the cause for the sudden inexplicable crash????

10. With The Birds

Im confused. If DJI had the bird wouldnt they look at the .dat on the AC as part of the diagnosis? I thought it was routine to provide an estimate prior to commencing any work if it was considered outside warranty cinditions?

11. Thomas.

Why should they? It's a lot easier to first ask the customer for money and then eventually think and decide about his complaint. You would not believe how many just pay.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app (living near Cologne, Germany)