Phantom 4 Controller Will Not Fully Charge

Been attempting to solve this issue for a customer for 3 days. Phantom 4 pro plus remote. We've removed the battery and tested it. In every case we've seen on P3 pro, P4 and P4 pro the battery is fully charged but reports lower on the remote. Charging starts and stops, never reaching 100% and on the P4 pro plus the battery life was only about 1 hour before remote started beeping. Battery voltage at that point when measured was still more than 85% actually.

We rolled back the firmware on the remote of the P4 pro plus successfully with no change. Multi button resets did nothing to solve it however for 30 seconds or so the remote would report a higher charge level before beeping once and reverting to a lower number.

It's very clear that the battery will not solve it and there is now user way of calibrating the remote to learn the correct full / empty levels. It's way off and while it seems like a software issue, solving it is apparently not possible on the users end. I also attempted a deep discharge and kept powering the radio up each time it would shut off over the course of hours. A periodic three button reset would confirm the true charge level temporarily but getting the internal pack down to 6.2v was a pain.

DJI WILL NEED TO ADDRESS THIS.

I'm having this same issue also. Controller only charging to 64%. Firmware updated to 1.9.3

I'm having this same issue also. Controller only charging to 64%. Firmware updated to 1.9.3

Sent mine in last week for the same reason. With each firmware update it showed less and less of a full charge. Went from 100 to 92 to 85 to 65%-ish max charge with each of the last 3 updates. I gave up and mailed it in. It's not under warranty for me. Bought it June 2016.

I just purchased a refurbished unit from DJI and my controller is doing the same thing, Any fixes?
Hi had the same problems with flashing lights and shutting down altogether I solved the problem by downloading the latest update for the controller though my laptop direct to the controller Hope that helps it fix my troubles

Sorry for late reply but I'm sure it has nothing to do with the battery or board is more to do with firmware this only happened to me after downgraded and upgraded controller 1 controller firmware won't charge but just bleeps red on switch and a other firmware won't fully charge I'm gonna do a refresh of the firmware I'm useing to see if it fixes the problem

Hi had the same problems with flashing lights and shutting down altogether I solved the problem by downloading the latest update for the controller though my laptop direct to the controller Hope that helps it fix my troubles
Hello How did you download and update the controller through a laptop

I called my local authorized DJI repair shop about the controller not charging. He said it was a firmware issue and to send it in to DJI. This sucks.

Mine won't charge last 76% how do we update the controller via mac
Updating and downgrading the controller didn't work for me. Connect phone to controller and turn on controller. Hold the 3 lines in the upper right corner for about 10 seconds. This will allow you to up and downgrade controller.
2e900fc6bba63bda2997f5032f3fc637.jpg

You can add me to the list also. My started with the last firmware upgrade.
I downgraded and still had the same problem. Upgraded to latest firmware and still have the problem.
I am out of warranty so I will probably just buy a new controller off ebay. Really sucks!

Reactions: Droner66
How do you connect to a PC for a firmware update?

You can add me to the list also. My started with the last firmware upgrade.
I downgraded and still had the same problem. Upgraded to latest firmware and still have the problem.
I am out of warranty so I will probably just buy a new controller off ebay. Really sucks!

I had same issue as you. Sent RC to DJI. It was not under warranty. They sent me a new controller no charge. Have to test it out. I sent it to DJI September 21 and got it back today (October 14).

Mine happened since I update the 1.5.8 firmware for rc in the app a.it told me my controller was for the inspire then the charger wouldn't
Do a full charge

Reactions: laddben
I had same issue as you. Sent RC to DJI. It was not under warranty. They sent me a new controller no charge. Have to test it out. I sent it to DJI September 21 and got it back today (October 14).

The RC worked as it should. It fully charged and survived a firmware update. I then calibrated it and ran the battery down to 92%. Put it on the charger and it charged to 100% again. Then took it out and flew my P4 standard utilizing basic functionality and a return to home. All worked to expectation.

I bought a new one so I wouldnt lose any business. Mine is now approved and hopefully they will send the new one ASAP back. Got a ticket that it would be shipped in the next 5/7 days. Thinking of selling the extra one where it will be brand new under warranty

Same problem here. Hadn't flown my P4 in a while since getting the Pro and now it won't charge past 67%.....

Let's see what Apple says.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl