Phantom 4 Battery Charger Cap

or taking it to the next level right, anyone can print a .STL, not everyone can build a 3d model ;) thanks again for the idea of a cover to keep debris out.
im great at medicine, but suck at CAD. Anyway you can design a battery charger covercap like in the OP please?

Thanks so much man! Im not sure why msinger isn't sharing his files, if all he is charging for is shipping.....

Printing now and testing
Because he is printing them and giving them away for free.

The printer, filament and time are all money on his side and he is giving them to you and your friggen complaining??????

People shouldn't make me dumbfounded anymore but man, seriously? It's not hard and if you want to make your own and print it, go for it. He doesn't owe you anything and he's giving it away! His goal might be to drive traffic but so?

Just say thank you.

Anyhow, if anyone wants to make something and wants to incorporate my help that isn't using a scanner that has moving parts, I'm extremely prolific in C4D, Maya and 3DS and would be happy to help. I say moving parts because I can rig, although I'd rather just do something simple.

I've been on the trigger of a printer myself for about a year but I just can't justify the purchase.

no complaints to you at all man. I appreciate the work you do....perhaps you could create a trusted group of "friends" who have 3d printers and can print these as well?

I'm a physician. I have no interest in becoming a competitor or doing this on a wholesale basis. This is purely a hobby for me.
My dad is a GI and has all his own scopes and a brand new multi million dollar surgical center, I don't plan on becoming a doctor.

Can I come in for a few free colonoscopies? ;)

The printer, filament and time are all money on his side and he is giving them to you and your friggen complaining??????

People shouldn't make me dumbfounded anymore but man, seriously? It's not hard and if you want to make your own and print it, go for it. He doesn't owe you anything and he's giving it away! His goal might be to drive traffic but so?

Just say thank you.

Anyhow, if anyone wants to make something and wants to incorporate my help that isn't using a scanner that has moving parts, I'm extremely prolific in C4D, Maya and 3DS and would be happy to help. I say moving parts because I can rig, although I'd rather just do something simple.

I've been on the trigger of a printer myself for about a year but I just can't justify the purchase.

im a little busy this week , so ive bribed my kid to model one for me.

what about the environment and resources? ;) i agree with what you say minus the fact its wasting resources to send through the mail if members here already have a 3d printer, again mike owes nothing to the forum, BUT it doesn't make alot of sense unless he's trying to protect or generate some publicity and revenue.

with that said once i get the .STL file from my kid and successfully print one, ill post the file to the forum.

Just say thank you.

ive had my 3d printer for 2 or 3 years now and it surprises me how much its used for everyday repairs or modifications. I use mine way more than i thought.

Reactions: eyecon82
attached is a zip file with a the circular controller charger cover and the square P4 battery charger cover, if you can print and let me know if any changes need to be made that would be great!
thanks..trying out now

attached is a zip file with a the circular controller charger cover and the square P4 battery charger cover, if you can print and let me know if any changes need to be made that would be great!
the circular one is too bigj.....im using a dremel printer. I am scaling down 50% and see what happens

crap, i know i just printed it and it turns out my son built it using diameter instead of radius, hes fixing the model now, ill shoot the new one to you in a few minutes
'

hmmm, ok give me a few minutes, maybe he jacked up the scale. i know autocad is picky with Milimeters to inches, he probably forgot one sec

Reactions: eyecon82
hmmm, ok give me a few minutes, maybe he jacked up the scale. i know autocad is picky with Milimeters to inches, he probably forgot one sec
thanks

i also just printed the charger one (rectangular one) and that one is just slightly too small by like a half mm at the most...does it work for you? or did you have to modify that file too?

yeah he forgot the milimeters to inches conversion. i just scaled it up 25.4

Attachments

• phantom controller charger cover.zip
    4.9 KB · Views: 71
did you try the first or second file i sent? i had to scale it up ..... teenagers. but hey better than me having to do it.......

yeah he forgot the milimeters to inches conversion. i just scaled it up 25.4
can you upload the rectangular charger one again fixed? I won't be able to scale to 25.4 percent...my software only lets me do it in whole numbers

i had to rotate them 180 degrees on the x axis and scale up 25.4. try this one for the battery charger cover

Attachments

• phantom battery charger cover.zip
    1.4 KB · Views: 100
did you try the first or second file i sent? i had to scale it up ..... teenagers. but hey better than me having to do it.......
i tried first file.......my 3d software from dremel only lets me scale in whole integers...can you please fix that one?

im printing the circular one now to test

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl