Phantom 3 standard Rc signal lost

Reaction score
Hello!

My drone got RC signal lost after about 40 meters up.
Therefore I have now downgraded from v1.08.10 to v1.05.7 +.

Unfortunately, I still get RC signal lost after 40 meters.
Is there anyone who can help me what I can do?
I have tested 1.06.80 and 1.7.9 the same problem.

Thanks in advance!

Buy a windsurfer... They are pretty cheap and provide you with a little bit of range.

Is that "40 meters up" directly overhead? Also, how is your antenna oriented? The antenna should be parallel to the legs of the drone (basically straight up).

@Rooster_nr1
Welcome to the forum!

How many flights before this happened?
How much time had passed between when it worked good then bad?
Did this start when you did a firmware update?

Rod

Is that "40 meters up" directly overhead? Also, how is your antenna oriented? The antenna should be parallel to the legs of the drone (basically straight up).

I fly straight up above me. tested again today came about 50 metres.

I have tried to have the antenna in different angles. nothing seems to be better than the other.

@Rooster_nr1
Welcome to the forum!

How many flights before this happened?
How much time had passed between when it worked good then bad?
Did this start when you did a firmware update?

Rod

Thanks Rod

I bought the drone used with this error and did not know about the error then. so I thought at first it could fly higher. so I do not know when the error came.

started reading about it and tried the solutions I found.

but nothing helps. does anyone know where the error is. in rc or in the drone?

Thanks Rod
I bought the drone used with this error and did not know about the error then. so I thought at first it could fly higher. so I do not know when the error came.

started reading about it and tried the solutions I found.

but nothing helps. does anyone know where the error is. in rc or in the drone?

Windsurfer is not going to fix it, there some posts I how to make one yourself, if the P3S is working correctly 3/4 mile, my home made Windsurfer got me about 1/2 mile more.

Both times my P3S failed me was a firmware update that said it was "successful"
The first time there was no downgrading firmware option.
The second time the option was in the app, until I updated. I had the signal problem again, downgrade option still in the app, but now it stated no firmware available to downgrade. It was there the day before.

By the time I got mine back the second time, the downgrading option via SD card was just being known.

I have many posts on this sh*ty problem.

First time DJI returned a different Remote and Phantom, no paperwork.
Second time different remote same Phantom, and paperwork of what was replaced.

Here is a link from the past.
Terrible signal performance
This nothing new to me.

Rod

That's some good reading ,thanks Rod [emoji106]
Yes, Thanks!

It hasn't been fun, I have more book marks now. :eek:
This was my first thread on this forum.
Phantom 3-Std Weak Remote Signal

Nobody,
Has ever proved to me that they fixed this problem, without sending it to DJI.
I have not seen a Firmware upgrade / downgrade that has ever fixed it.
Please Note: I didn't have the option to test Firmware upgrade / downgrade, but I closely watched those threads and replied with questions.

I have some posts, that I say "Please Prove me Wrong"

Now we have some people getting deeper into this.
Because this units are now out of warranty?

Rod

Last edited:
Yes, Thanks!

It hasn't been fun, I have more book marks now. :eek:
This was my first thread on this forum.

Nobody,
Has ever proved to me that they fixed this problem, without sending it to DJI.
I have not seen a Firmware upgrade / downgrade that has ever fixed it.
Please Note: I didn't have the option to test Firmware upgrade / downgrade, but I closely watched those threads and replied with questions.

I have some posts, that I say "Please Prove me Wrong"

Now we have some people getting deeper into this.
Because this units are now out of warranty?

Rod
feels hopeless then, no guarantee and you haven't solved it without sending off it.

It helps to change the rc do you think?

or where is the error?

Today I hit a record 60 m, but it is not enough.

If you're going to replace this is there any model that does not have this problem?

Thanks for all the answers

Reactions: RodPad
"feels hopeless then, no guarantee and you haven't solved it without sending off it."
I have not solved anything, I just think this problem is stupid, that firmware crashes hardware.
My main theory is the hardware that fails is #2 quality, its used to mass produce the Standard at the price point, I have other posts on this. :rolleyes:

"It helps to change the rc do you think?"
There are other threads I have posted on, the first one I can think of, father and son both with P3S's
His sons works like it should, his didn't. I don't remember if it was FW related.
What I recall is he swapped the remote and tested, had the same problem.
I thought, I asked if he tried his remote on his sons Phantom, I don't think I got a answer.

"or where is the error?"
"Today I hit a record 60 m, but it is not enough"
"If you're going to replace this is there any model that does not have this problem?"
The one that works.:rolleyes:
There are many P3S, many that work like they should!
This problem could be 1%, I bet less than 10%.

I started with a P2V+ $1400.00, lost it the woods 50 min away from home driving time in the summer.
One week later I bought a P3S $800.00,
It was a brand new model with the lowest price for a Phantom. I was going to use it to help look for my P2V+.

I was so scared, I was just getting used to it, it was easily as good as my P2V+.
Then it crapped out, I started reading the forums, nothing.

Uploading and viewing the flight logs from past and present, watching my own vids that I took with the P3S.
It must be broke!

Started my first thread on this forum!

If I tried to fly-it, well that was stress, I just get in the air and it's RTH messages come up because of low remote control signals.

I set it up less than 200' away on a platform (Wood). It's powered up, the signal is going from 0-100 and every where between.
It must be broke!

I may be able to throw a ball or rock 100 yards? I do know I can throw something farther than I can fly it. :rolleyes:

I could take a leak in a 10 mph wind hitting the Phantom as the app and remote is in my other hand, reporting, Weak or Remote Signal Loss (RTH).
I canceled RTH :eek:

"Thanks for all the answers"

Yep :D

Rod

Last edited:
Reactions: Rooster_nr1
"It helps to change the rc do you think?"
There are other threads I have posted on, the first one I can think of, father and son both with P3S's
His sons works like it should, his didn't. I don't remember if it was FW related.
What I recall is he swapped the remote and tested, had the same problem.
I thought, I asked if he tried his remote on his sons Phantom, I don't think I got a answer.

Maybe I can give you an answer later this week. Even though I have a modded 2 month old useless lemon, I was still stupid enough to order another Standard that's coming Fedex later this week and I will test mixing and matching RC and AC. I just need to find out for myself wether this is an RC or AC hardware issue. From the endless threads I have read on this issue, no one has found the real issue and fixed it themselves.

If you are covered under warranty, I've seen people wait 2-3 months and get theirs replaced with complete new ones and no explanation of what was wrong with the old one. If you are not under warranty, sorry for your loss.

Some people (like me) could get 15,000 ft with a modded P3S before and now only get 50-500ft. 18 of the top 20 posts in this section are about range loss but it's full of suggestions to point your antenna right, get range extenders, and find an area with less wifi congestions. Tried that. Tried ALL of that.

I have tried everything...FW downgrades and upgrades...I mixed and matched different app version with FW, etc. I've tried many different locations....still crappy range. It's definitely a hardware issue and later this week I will finally know which piece of this lemon to blame.

i have 3 p3s, all 3 have different range, same settings, tried rc from the bird with best range on other two birds, made no difference.

Hello!

My drone got RC signal lost after about 40 meters up.
Therefore I have now downgraded from v1.08.10 to v1.05.7 +.

Unfortunately, I still get RC signal lost after 40 meters.
Is there anyone who can help me what I can do?
I have tested 1.06.80 and 1.7.9 the same problem.

Thanks in advance!
The joys of wifi :) some are just terrible and some go for good distance,,luck of the draw if you get a good one,,,,maybe you could look into phantom WiFi signal booster kits,,,quite cheap

Last edited by a moderator:
The joys of wifi :) some are just terrible and some go for good distance,,luck of the draw if you get a good one,,,,maybe you could look into phantom WiFi signal booster kits,,,quite cheap
1493791236028-1360431370.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nicos18