Phantom 3 Standard range mod , let's do it together...

Hi PapaTita, regarding the button restore to 17dbm. Is every thing set to stock. (Drone and RC) Will the old files be reset to stock. By means that also telnet will be deactivated in drone and RC again like it came from stock? Thank you!!

Restored files on RC and drone. Used PT program to set 27dbm. Testflight with argtec antennas. Record before 1140 meters, now 970 meters. So no difference. Quad does fly nice tough.

Restored files on RC and drone. Used PT program to set 27dbm. Testflight with argtec antennas. Record before 1140 meters, now 970 meters. So no difference. Quad does fly nice tough.
Buy an amplifier for 5.8 ghz along with flat directional 5.8 antenna. With that setup and argtek I am getting 3km range.

Reactions: Perus
Buy an amplifier for 5.8 ghz along with flat directional 5.8 antenna. With that setup and argtek I am getting 3km range.

That sounds great! can you send me the link to the amp that you bought?

thanks for your time!

Hi, I did PapaTitas mod with scan channel 13. I noticed that video feed is never lost, but the connection is lost around 500 meters. I also tried the litchi app, but this app couldn't get conection to the copter. I tried iwinfo and both RC and copter stated 27 dbm. Then i tried DJI Go and everythings is working. Then i did iwinfo again and noted that the copter stated 15 dbm.

Day 5 - somehow i managed to FTP to quad !! But there is an interesting stuff going on...

I turn the Bird ON, wait wor the Wifi and Connect with my pc. Now i can FTP but, when i open my remote, connection lost and i can only connet to Remote after. :)))

I mean i can FTP on quad, /// and i can FTP to Remote but NOT AT SAME TIME.. xD im gone kill myself..

Bytheway, with DJI go app,, i can connet to quad (when the remote is not ON) i can see the camera view,, And when i Power Off the quad and Turn the remote ON, i can connect to Remote (on dji go app..)

But i can not Bind, or connet both remote and Bird together :D What a strange stuff i'm in..

Anyone has any idea how can i solve this ???

Change the rcS files in the drone and remote to the default ones and that should solve the problem

Wilus12345 ,

I think i find the problem. !!! Both Drone and remote connects on 192.168.1.1 << thats why they can not bind !! And i checked watchlog and djiled files,, they are both the same.. i think patching makes them both act like the remote xD WTF xDDD

I think i need to do more than that.. First i need to teach the Bird to act like drone.. Wery interesting stuff going on here :D

I dont have the original rcS files.. But i have the patched ones. Can you tell me how to make both drone and remote to resert factory default ? should i delete watchlog file ? or djiled file ? (i mean inside of them,,) Remove the .zip on files..

Attachments

• djiled.sh - drone.zip
    234 bytes · Views: 180
  • watchlog.sh -drone.zip
    3.3 KB · Views: 329
  • djiled.sh - remote.zip
    234 bytes · Views: 198
  • watchlog.sh - remote.zip
    3.3 KB · Views: 174
This Solved my problem !! Thanks so much !

nice.... if you run ipconfig you would notice that...
and the drone shouldn't have whatchlog (just the RC) but booth your djiled didn't have the line to call whatchlog... just the line to open telnet... the problem would be rcS... i think

Since doing the Papa Tita it has been saying 27dBm, but there was no improvement in range for me. But I downgraded to 1.05.0070 by putting the bin file on the SD card. Did the info thing on Papa Tita and noticed the change seems to have persisted despite the downgrade. Is this normal??

I have noticed the Wlan0 and Wlan0.sta1 have different signal strength, is the sta1 the drone? And is the noise level of -95db good or bad?

my log is:

wlan0 ESSID: "PHANTOM3_0c3f2d"
Access Point: 60:60:1F:0C:3F:2A
Mode: Master Channel: 10 (2.457 GHz)
Tx-Power: 27 dBm Link Quality: 70/70
Signal: -36 dBm Noise: -95 dBm
Bit Rate: 78.0 MBit/s
Encryption: WPA2 PSK (CCMP)
Type: nl80211 HW Mode(s): 802.11abgn
Hardware: unknown [Generic MAC80211]
TX power offset: unknown
Frequency offset: unknown
Supports VAPs: yes PHY name: phy0

wlan0.sta1 ESSID: unknown
Access Point: 00:00:00:00:00:00
Mode: Master (VLAN) Channel: 10 (2.457 GHz)
Tx-Power: 27 dBm Link Quality: 70/70
Signal: -23 dBm Noise: -95 dBm
Bit Rate: 104.0 MBit/s
Encryption: none
Type: nl80211 HW Mode(s): 802.11abgn
Hardware: unknown [Generic MAC80211]
TX power offset: unknown
Frequency offset: unknown

Hi @PapaTita, I’ve applied your scripts manually from my Mac* and I have a couple of questions:
  1. Why is the regulatory domain set to “BO” (Japan) rather than “US” (FCC)? I’m in the UK, so I just want to be sure that setting the domain to Japan doesn’t cause any side effects (e.g. using W-Fi frequencies that would cause problems or interference in the UK). I ask because, despite iwinfo reporting the TX power from both the RC and drone is set to 27 dBm, I’m not getting a significant increase in range with the “patch” applied (about 350m when video cuts out but RC signal is still fine, which is no real improvement for me).
  2. What’s the reason for modifying the drone’s TX power from the RC (via telnet from the watchlog.sh script)? I would have thought it would be better to have the watchlog.sh script running in the background on both the RC and the drone so the TX power can be set independently.
*For anyone that’s interested, I used BBEdit to FTP directly to both the RC and drone to edit the necessary files. BBEdit recognises the files as shell scripts with Unix-style line endings, so no risk of bricking either device.

Reactions: ftomas
Since doing the Papa Tita it has been saying 27dBm, but there was no improvement in range for me. But I downgraded to 1.05.0070 by putting the bin file on the SD card. Did the info thing on Papa Tita and noticed the change seems to have persisted despite the downgrade. Is this normal??
I’ve seen the same thing (no increase in range) and also downgraded the drone firmware to 1.5.70+ before trying the “patch". Should I update to 1.6.80 and then re-apply the patch?

Do you realize that this range mod is actually for video quality, not rc signal quality? Hence, there will be minimum/no change for your quad flying distance but so much better video feed and will not lose fpv before rc signal lost. I say minimum because once the video is strong, you have the courage to fly further.

Hi PapaTita, regarding the button restore to 17dbm. Is every thing set to stock. (Drone and RC) Will the old files be reset to stock. By means that also telnet will be deactivated in drone and RC again like it came from stock? Thank you!!
No, the "Revert to 17 dBm" in this application simply removes command watchlog.sh in djiled.sh

Hi @PapaTita, I’ve applied your scripts manually from my Mac* and I have a couple of questions:
  1. Why is the regulatory domain set to “BO” (Japan) rather than “US” (FCC)? I’m in the UK, so I just want to be sure that setting the domain to Japan doesn’t cause any side effects (e.g. using W-Fi frequencies that would cause problems or interference in the UK). I ask because, despite iwinfo reporting the TX power from both the RC and drone is set to 27 dBm, I’m not getting a significant increase in range with the “patch” applied (about 350m when video cuts out but RC signal is still fine, which is no real improvement for me).
  2. What’s the reason for modifying the drone’s TX power from the RC (via telnet from the watchlog.sh script)? I would have thought it would be better to have the watchlog.sh script running in the background on both the RC and the drone so the TX power can be set independently.
*For anyone that’s interested, I used BBEdit to FTP directly to both the RC and drone to edit the necessary files. BBEdit recognises the files as shell scripts with Unix-style line endings, so no risk of bricking either device.
1. You can easily change line 10 to another parameter:
  1. #!/bin/sh

2. ###Credit to: Ojcze Nasz, SingLag, Argonaise & www.phantompilots.com
  3. ###Revised by papatita
  4. #Date : 16/07/2016
  5. #Version 2.2

6. clear

7. REG="BO"
2. Yes, It can be done by modifying watchlog.sh thus rc no need to send telnet commands to drone. The first reason why made two step is the first step to make sure the change in rc not making brick on both devices. The second step is only to enable telnet on drone.

Do you realize that this range mod is actually for video quality, not rc signal quality? Hence, there will be minimum/no change for your quad flying distance but so much better video feed and will not lose fpv before rc signal lost. I say minimum because once the video is strong, you have the courage to fly further.
I agree with you!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnndyManuka