Phantom 3 Standard range mod , let's do it together...

353bb3cc89d3facadea1520d781105c5.jpg

New Feature.

Sent from my Redmi Note 2 using PhantomPilots mobile app

There is at least one typo in your code. At least in the wording that is displayed. If you made the same typo in the actual commands that are being executed then the "watchlog.sh" will not have the correct permissions :)

"07:15 hmod 775 /sbin/watchlog.sh" should read "07:15 chmod 775 /sbin/watchlog.sh".

I also have one question - are you adjusting the rcS file to override the country code from UK to US or something? If so, I found another way to do that and it appears that it sticks.

Instead of using the command "fw_printenv -n country" to read the firmware environment variable named "country" you can also SET the country by using the following command: "fw_setenv country US".

As far as I can tell that will survive reboots. I'm not sure what other scripts use "fw_printenv -n country" to read the country variable, but if there are others this will take care of them...

Other than that i think this is great!

Reactions: Digdat0
There is at least one typo in your code. At least in the wording that is displayed. If you made the same typo in the actual commands that are being executed then the "watchlog.sh" will not have the correct permissions :)

"07:15 hmod 775 /sbin/watchlog.sh" should read "07:15 chmod 775 /sbin/watchlog.sh".

I also have one question - are you adjusting the rcS file to override the country code from UK to US or something? If so, I found another way to do that and it appears that it sticks.

Instead of using the command "fw_printenv -n country" to read the firmware environment variable named "country" you can also SET the country by using the following command: "fw_setenv country US".

As far as I can tell that will survive reboots. I'm not sure what other scripts use "fw_printenv -n country" to read the country variable, but if there are others this will take care of them...

Other than that i think this is great!

not typo, it's just information betweeen command and received response.

I am not using rcS file but use a method of Argonaise script which has been modified.

I'm a bit confused;

CE and FCC versions should differ in effective total range. This mod fools plane into FCC mode. However, control signal range does not extend, only video.

I still get the same range, around 300 meters, and after that the remote control signal breaks. FCC has a longer control distance, yes?

Hello, any problem with this app with the version instaled on rc or drone? Run with 1.5.7 or 1.6.8 or mixed? ( rc 1.6.8 and drone 1.5.7) and.... THANKS FOR THIS...

Can you try for us? I have no experience for it. but if the same RC models, therein should use the same system. cmiiw.

Great app, have tested on one of my Phantom 3 Standards and can verify is working. May I ask, does this use channel 13, and do you check to see if power level has changed before updating it to 27dbm and each interval? If not, please implement this. Great work btw! (Also, please check your PMs. It's no biggie but it's only fair.)

Reactions: MartinV and hexagon
Great app, have tested on one of my Phantom 3 Standards and can verify is working. May I ask, does this use channel 13, and do you check to see if power level has changed before updating it to 27dbm and each interval? If not, please implement this. Great work btw! (Also, please check your PMs. It's no biggie but it's only fair.)

Thank you for the advice.
Yes, this has been implemented in script, intervals of every 30 seconds.

Thank you for the advice.
Yes, this has been implemented in script, intervals of every 30 seconds.

Please refer the script below, it's updated at some degree from the start.
It originally watched syslog changes, but it had sometimes missed CRDA update,
so I changed it to use information from iw, with use of grep. Script also simplified too.

I'm now thinking iw in the script loop cannot harm wifi connection, but in fact, we don't sure it under all circumstances.
I tried to make it robust & safe, but don't forget, use with care & experiment.

And it may contain CR in the script, so in that case, clear ^M with sed and check with vi in the telnet.
*** Don't use the script unless you know what are you doing ***

Attachments

• watchlog.zip
    698 bytes · Views: 227
Last edited:
Reactions: PapaTita
Very nice. I'm interested to see the results. I just ordered the silver 2w 2.4 and 5.8 Sunhans amps. Doing install later this week.

Do you have any concern with interference with having the amps on the DBS antenna?
Also, can you post a photo of the back of the remote so I can see your battery hook up?

I have just had my first flight of about 1200meters over a very wifi crowded area and I had no interference issues - 100% RC and video.

0e730b2e3fa0792a74e4f3995f0006f6.jpg

d190ff82b4575d96ae0d584cf0a52ab2.jpg

And in the back

5994244bd3bbd84943c1d4b9cd26f6aa.jpg

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Hi,

I modified PapaTipa's script a bit for my own use and changed the region to US. Tested it yesterday and managed to usable range of 1,4km with P3-4K + windsurfer, video worked quite smoothly the whole time and there wasn't any significant delays. Started getting issues with the control signal after 1,4km.

Reactions: PapaTita

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20