Phantom 3 STANDARD antenna help

Reaction score
Hey guys if I were to buy this for my p3 standard;
1) will it be compatible?

2) is it worth my while? Thanks guys and girls

Screenshot_2015-10-24-00-08-26.png

Last edited by a moderator:
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Phantom Pilots forum. I hope that you will take advantage of the benefits that come with membership and that you will be able to use the forum for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in Phantom quadcopter’s.

I have made you your own first thread. :)
Be sure and post in the correct areas i the future. By 'hijacking' you are violating one of the forum guidelines and you won't get many people to see your question as it was buried in a different thread. You should have better results here. Also, you'll want to keep the images to about 600-800 pixels so members with slow connections aren't waiting all day for pics to load.

The antennas you listed are typically used for FPV systems and most likely not what you want. It really depends on what you want to do with it. What is your reasoning for changing the antennas? Are you gong for range?

Reactions: dirkclod
Hey guys if I were to buy this for my p3 standard;
1) will it be compatible?

2) is it worth my while? Thanks guys and girls

Anyone help with my question page 29? much appreciated

View attachment 34049

Page 29? Doesn't really get me anywhere.

LuvMyTJ seams to have answered your question and asked you a question which I think meant are you wanting distance of remote control signal or FPV. I have seen comments that you would need one of those antennas on the remote and one on aircraft, that would not be practical. I really don't know.

It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Phantom Pilots forum. I hope that you will take advantage of the benefits that come with membership and that you will be able to use the forum for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in Phantom quadcopter’s.

I have made you your own first thread. :)
Be sure and post in the correct areas i the future. By 'hijacking' you are violating one of the forum guidelines and you won't get many people to see your question as it was buried in a different thread. You should have better results here. Also, you'll want to keep the images to about 600-800 pixels so members with slow connections aren't waiting all day for pics to load.

The antennas you listed are typically used for FPV systems and most likely not what you want. It really depends on what you want to do with it. What is your reasoning for changing the antennas? Are you gong for range?

Thanks for the reply, and will be sure to create new thread from now.
I am in Australia and using CE mode I presume.

Reason for wanting upgraded antenna is that I am getting nowhere near (about half) the recommended distance with all the correct factors into play (open field, no interference etc).
I don't have the funds to compensate for a pro as of yet.

In short, I want strong signal at say 200m vertically and 500-600m range(which can't be achieved as of yet).

Look at #5 in the link LuvMyTJ gave ya and see it your set like that in your app .
I don't have the same option, maybe that's on advanced and pro, should gimbal be set to fpv or follow?
I really want to fly far but I know it won't let me and I'm getting frustrated, probably end up selling if it can't do what it's promised, unless of course someone posts something helpful and refer me to a piece of hardware that will actually help, my software is fine and settings are good.

I don't have the same option, maybe that's on advanced and pro, should gimbal be set to fpv or follow?
I really want to fly far but I know it won't let me and I'm getting frustrated, probably end up selling if it can't do what it's promised, unless of course someone posts something helpful and refer me to a piece of hardware that will actually help, my software is fine and settings are good.
Sorry but those are on my standard go app and is what I'm using and working great . Got me over 6000' stock but I'm not in CE .
Maybe it's the way your aiming your antenna that's making you fall short .
You say "you really want to fly far" well you should have gotten the Adv. We are trying to get this to go farther and if you would read some you will see just how .I'm not going to refer you to anything as I don't know just what it would do for you. Every bird is different and again if you would read in here some more you would see that .I have the itelite panel on mine and has gotten me as far as 7500' so far but has not come close to that for others.
If (my software is fine and settings are good.) well maybe ya just got one that's not gonna do much and you need to sell it .
I would keep messing with the way I was aiming the antenna before I did .

Sorry but those are on my standard go app and is what I'm using and working great . Got me over 6000' stock but I'm not in CE .
Maybe it's the way your aiming your antenna that's making you fall short .
You say "you really want to fly far" well you should have gotten the Adv. We are trying to get this to go farther and if you would read some you will see just how .I'm not going to refer you to anything as I don't know just what it would do for you. Every bird is different and again if you would read in here some more you would see that .I have the itelite panel on mine and has gotten me as far as 7500' so far but has not come close to that for others.
If (my software is fine and settings are good.) well maybe ya just got one that's not gonna do much and you need to sell it .
I would keep messing with the way I was aiming the antenna before I did .

I have the antenna so the point is never facing the drone, I have it so the length of the antenna is parallel to the drone.
What is the itelite, is there a setup I can get that doesn't require much technical modding.
Thanks for the reply.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-10-26-23-34-13.png
    Screenshot_2015-10-26-23-34-13.png
    106.6 KB · Views: 374
You really need to read in this section buddy as there's lots of threads on this . Here's one Phantom 3 STANDARD antenna upgrade | DJI Phantom Forum.
Sounds like you have your antenna right but you always try different ways to see where yours does the best .
Use the search in my signature and type in the middle whatever you want info on and it will show you the threads on it .
You really have to do a little research in here as it's all been done and if you don't look you will miss something that just might
be what your after .
Here is an itelite on mine IMG_1579.JPG to answer ..what is an itelite...It's a panel antenna and you do have to do some work to install it which you will see in that link. I know it's a pain to have to go through some of these long threads but you really will see what folks have had to learn by doing
them .
That antenna will cost you around 120 bucks +shipping but has made mine do well .

I am Android.
I use either nexus 7 gen 2 (notablet holder)
Or my galaxy s6 edge.
I know it should be getting further then it is and its frustrating.
I want to be able to have solid connection at say 500meters( .3 mile).

Are you loosing video signal or remote signal?

I think you got a bad unit. I would send it in.

Read#15
RC Signal Lost | DJI Phantom Forum

Are you loosing video signal or remote signal?

I think you got a bad unit. I would send it in.

Read#15
RC Signal Lost | DJI Phantom Forum

I had a read of this posts, these peoples drones are only getting tiny distances, I can go about half of what "capabilities" they say it can achieve.

This is going nowhere. I asked one simple question, what Ariel can I use to replace the stock for a stronger signal/range. People beat around the bush on this forum.

I had a read of this posts, these peoples drones are only getting tiny distances, I can go about half of what "capabilities" they say it can achieve.

This is going nowhere. I asked one simple question, what Ariel can I use to replace the stock for a stronger signal/range. People beat around the bush on this forum.

Putting new antenna on a defective unit, and if doesn't work what do you got? A unit you took a part with no warranty.

I can go about half of what "capabilities" they say it can achieve.
Duh

Don't bother to reply, I am done with you.

Putting new antenna on a defective unit, and if doesn't work what do you got? A unit you took a part with no warranty.

I can go about half of what "capabilities" they say it can achieve.
Duh

Don't bother to reply, I am done with you.

You sir, are a wanker. Have a good day trolling posts.
I ask one question, and can't get a straight forward reply.
No my drone is not faulty.
I should have never joined this useless forum.

Last edited:
You sir, are a wanker. Have a good day trolling posts.
I ask one question, and can't get a straight forward reply.
No my drone is not faulty.
I should have never joined this useless forum.
:)
trolling.jpg
trolling.jpg

Reactions: phantom3guy457
You really need to read in this section buddy as there's lots of threads on this . Here's one Phantom 3 STANDARD antenna upgrade | DJI Phantom Forum.
Sounds like you have your antenna right but you always try different ways to see where yours does the best .
Use the search in my signature and type in the middle whatever you want info on and it will show you the threads on it .
You really have to do a little research in here as it's all been done and if you don't look you will miss something that just might
be what your after .
Here is an itelite on mine View attachment 34281 to answer ..what is an itelite...It's a panel antenna and you do have to do some work to install it which you will see in that link. I know it's a pain to have to go through some of these long threads but you really will see what folks have had to learn by doing
them .
That antenna will cost you around 120 bucks +shipping but has made mine do well .
Nice, thanks for your help mate.
If I send my rc in to the itelite company, would they mod it for me. I'm in Australia and I presume I am using CE.

No they come from Poland . I'm sure there's some repair shop's that would do it but don't know about where you are .
And do believe you are in CE there .

Worth noting, if you are covered by CE (which in Dubai we are too), you won't get the stated 1km range for live feed etc. Only where FCC applies.

CE is limited to 500m wifi connection, and this is governed by the GPS knowing which country you are in, there is nothing you can select or flick a switch.

That being said, I have managed to date, to get my Standard to 600+ m (a little over 2000 ft) in a CE country. Currently waiting for my DBS mod to arrive to hopefully improve on that. Might need a small booster for the wifi to see if that overcomes any CE restriction.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl