RC Signal Lost

Reaction score
Hi fellow P3 pilots,

I have aserious issue. I bought the new P3 stand and all seems fine. Did an upgrade, but i now receive RC Signal Lost on the screen.....

This drone is brand new! Any advise?

Thanx

Hi,

I know of one with just the same issue.... Brand NEW straight from box we only got this last week - updated to new firmware as it requested on app screen, upgraded all perfectly fine, we re-calibrated compass now it only has 20 to 40meter "RC" range - everything works beautifully just we don't have no range !!!! so its on its way back to supplier for a replacement. Video range works perfect at all times BTW. The app shows RC signal warning in Red at the top of screen, video works fine I can see from the camera, app works fine, just RTH switches in and the drone fly's home and lands. So we don't really know if this was a fault in the drone or a fault in the software, as another friend updated his no issues and has superb range!!! - A mistery...

Last edited:
Reactions: kristvin
How many flights did you get before the update / problem?

I get 400 feet of mine and then RTH in red on top. Perfect video the whole time. I bought it last weekend and updated it before I flew it

I took mine back to RC depot today where I bought it seven days ago. They flew it and said yes there is something wrong. He said I will have to call DJI. I told him I called him the day I bought it and told him it wasn't getting no distance and he said it was interference. No money back no trade. I wish I would've known for that Best Buy sells them for the same freaking price.

The P3S control signal distance limitation issue is becoming a... well ... issue. LOL (yeah, lol is suppose to be an outdated expression).

Lets encourage any P3S owners with issues to post and also state what the fix was for them.

How can a common message thread manage and tabulate reported P3S issues ???

To Phantom 3 Standard owners: It's an excellent machine for the price-point. Don't give up so fast and report your issues to contribute to the cause.

-----------------------------

I know some will talk down about the WiFi video downlink. WiFi is really a non-issue given the diversity of price and performance options. The reported issues are primarily the 5.8ghz RC uplink control signal.

The P3S has a very good price point and WiFi is a proven HD (720p) video downlink scheme. This is how DJI reduced the cost by reverting back to WiFi instead of their more expensive LightBridge system.
  • P3S - $700
  • P3A - $1000
  • P3P - $1260
$300 will save the masses a lot of money to buy other holiday gifts.

Lets hope DJI addresses production line issues to remedy the 5.8ghz RC control signal problems before the holiday gift buying season gets underway.

IMO.. the P3S could become a very big and popular item (regardless of what some of us techno-beanies think about LightBridge). We'll know just after January 1st 2016 as the noob's start looking for online resources like here on PhantomPilots.com

-----------------------------------------------------------

What I am doing to provide a solution plus enable a lot more:
Next week an extra P3S controller will arrive to begin work analyzing and adapting the Phantom 3 Standard 5.ghz control signal to the REDbird tanGO device. (yeah, the tanGO device not available yet.. but... all the reported control signal distance limitations can become a non-issue using the tanGO device while enabling the P3S to do something that all other drones can't come close to doing: i.e. Access the Inaccessible.

KickStarter Campaign:
The REDbird tanGO Kickstarter Campaign is being delayed yet again until the P3S is verified to work with the tanGO device. That can create a better kickstart success by reporting P3S compatibility in the kickstart video.

Ive just got mine and have the EXACT same problem. Did FW update when I received it, flew a few times with a max range of 250m before video and control dropped out. Now im down to 50m max range. I can have the thing hovering 20m away with 5 bars of signal and then it just drops and RTH. Shoulda bought the Pro! Annoyingly, the dealer here said any DJI warranty issues have to go back to China so will more than likely be a month long warranty round trip. Damned thing is only 3 days old with about 5 flights under its belt!

This is not good news. The price point is good but these reports of the distance decreasing after the first flight is disappointing.

I just ordered my P3S yesterday (Saturday Night) from a dealer.

Perhaps I should have ordered directly from DJI to mitigate repair risk.

BTW.. they do not go back to China.. they have service centers here in the USA.

i had same issue with my P3S, anyone had solve this issue? imho maybe this issue caused by malfunction firmware that made transmitter transmitt less dbm for RC signal. Anyone here working on dji company or dji supplier?... its really bad that happen after firmware update....

Try roll back the firmware if you can?

DJI(Australia) had my unit for two weeks and still couldn't get it resolved before finally giving me a new unit today.

i dont have an issue with my phantom 3 standard but im not here to promote this as it seems to be a common trend that people are having issues and it seems to be something with the P3S overall not functioning correctly.

For clarity to everyone, can anyone explain how to roll back the firmware? You are unable to download discreet firmwares from the dji site it seems for the standard so just wondering if someone has some tips for others that may need it.

You can't roll back the firmware on a P3S.
Somebody prove me wrong.
If it could be done, it would have to be information only DJI would know.

Reception sucks on the P3S. I barely got 500' until I replaced the antennas with clovers which increased range to about 1000'. I ended up upgrading to P3A which has better range.

Last edited:
Reception sucks on the P3A. I barely got 500' until I replaced the antennas with clovers which increased range to about 1000'. I ended up upgrading to P3A which has better range.

You must have meant P3S?

There is definitely some thing wrong with some of the P3S.
My replacement did 3/4 of a mile at 300' up before RTH in-gauged.
That is far enough more me.

Same problem here, 3 day old Phantom 3, flew great until the mandatory firmware update, now three phones we've tested and nothing but RC Signal lost. Telephone suppost closed to Dec 27 :(

Yeh, idk if it's the firmware update or what, haven't flown mine in about a week, but it was just fine before thru about 20 flights. Started it up today and updated the firmware immediately. Nothing but "rc signal lost" now.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4