Phantom 3 SE or phantom 3 pro/adv

Reaction score
Hey team,

Ive gotten pretty good with the Phantom 3 Std but now I want a better camera. We can go into all sorts of detail why that was not bought at the start ($$$$$$) but now there could be a P3SE on offer in Australia soon .
I got 3 options

go after a phantom 3 pro or Adv for the better drone and 4K camera
upgrade the P3 std with Itelite
Wait for the SE and sell my current P3Std

thoughts?

of slight concern is that DJI have stopped making the P3 adv and pro versions and I don't want to spend some 2300+ (aussie dollars, about $50 US at the mo) on an upgrade for range and a better camera but would do so for about $1200

I'm wary of 2nd hand drones

happy to hear the thoughts of the more experienced - particually P3 pro and adv owners

but now there could be a P3SE on offer in Australia soon.
Are you certain about that?
I'd be surprised if that model is imported due to its wifi not meeting regulations for most of the world.
I got 3 options

go after a phantom 3 pro or Adv for the better drone and 4K camera
upgrade the P3 std with Itelite
Wait for the SE and sell my current P3Std
The camera may shoot 4K video but it's still using a small sensor so it won't be a great upgrade for stills.
The upgrade that makes sense is to go for something that uses Lightbridge.

of slight concern is that DJI have stopped making the P3 adv and pro versions
DJI is still selling refurbished P3As and P3Ps (in the US anyhow). That might be a good option for you if you're looking for a P3A/P3P in like new condition. Nearly everyone who commented here on buying a refurbished Phantom from DJI said they look brand new.

Last edited:
I bought a refurbished P3 Pro from the DJI store on sale for $579 US about a month ago and it appeared to be new. The battery had 0 charges on it. Shrink wrap was still on the controller. Not a knick or blemish on the aircraft. The range of flight and the video feedback thru light bridge is fantastic. I have been very happy with my purchase. I see that they are listed at $749 US right now.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl