Phantom 3 Ribbon Loose

Reaction score
Have a phantom 3 advanced. The ribbon cable next to the camera underneath, seem to drop a little while flying, when I notice it I push it back up. Could it be loose or is this normal, with gimbal movement, it drops a 3-4mm.
Jason...

Please send some pictures with some indication where you have the 3-4 mm drop as some of the ribbon cable area are made to absorbe the movement of the camera and some are not moving.

Hi there, thanks for reply, I have the p3 advanced. I noticed the movement after a old sd card that went bad(Sandisk ultra) and I lost feed. Before checking I noticed the ribbon had moved. I took this picture before pushing in, however I don't think it had come out of socket. More like you said, there is movement for gimbal.
The sd card I then checked, which was bad and would not format. I have since changed for a Sandisk extreme pro. I think all is good. Connections look good. I was concerned as I have only had the drone a few months and flown only a few times.
I think ribbon is like you said, for movement. Will see if it moves and take a pic after next flight. And think the sd card I had was no good also.

Jason

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    527.9 KB · Views: 338
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    527.9 KB · Views: 356
This one should not be loose, it should remain in place as it is not part of any moving item in the gimbal. What seems important to me is that the connector part of the ribbon cable is fully inserted in the small white connector. This is delicate parts so be careful if you touch or push it.
Here are some pictures of mine (P3A too):
2016-07-27 08.50.08.jpg
2016-07-27 08.49.00.jpg

Yes, from yours pics it sounds ok. I would expect that from manufacturing there are some difference in distance and place of the ribbon cable.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl